When running, where do you put your keys???

jeffreyjrose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So I've been running daily for about 2 weeks now, and I am up to about 2 miles/day, woot! Anyway, my only problem is where to put my keys while runnings. Right now, I just tie them to one of my shoestrings.

What do you guys use? Lanyards? Wrist straps? I need something with less hassle.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']So I've been running daily for about 2 weeks now, and I am up to about 2 miles/day, woot! Anyway, my only problem is where to put my keys while runnings. Right now, I just tie them to one of my shoestrings.

What do you guys use? Lanyards? Wrist straps? I need something with less hassle.[/quote]

I leave my door open...

would prob just take my housekey and tuck it into a sock or shoe or sweatband

luckily i don't have to take my keys when i go running tho

[quote name='projecteightysix']i just hold them in my hand, and a water bottle in the other.[/quote]

Same here, keys go in hand while running.

[quote name='gregthomas77']with your neighbor?[/QUOTE]

No, just somewhere in the back (in a pot or under something). Of course, I live in Kansas - I could leave my front door wide open for hours and not have to worry about anything. Except for animals wandering inside.

[quote name='javeryh']I bring just the key (no key chain or anything) and keep it in my sock.[/quote]

Props for the sock... that's what I'm doing from now on. :D

[quote name='gregthomas77']I meant, how can you feel comfortable doing that with your neighbor, referring to:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138745[/QUOTE]

Ha! Good memory. That's what I used to do before I moved from the house I was renting to the tri-plex I'm currently living in. I've only been at my current location for three weeks.

But you're right, I definitely wouldn't leave my keys outside in my current place. I don't see how the key in the sock method would be comfortable (or safe, even). And I definitely wouldn't leave my house unlocked.

If you're running with an MP3/armband combo, I suppose you could sneak a key inside the MP3 pouch. Or buy shorts with a pocket sewn inside the waistband (really not that hard to find). Or buy some good ol' fashioned Roos. I loved those things.

Lanyard. Put it under the shirt and let it hang over your back so it doesn't swing around while your running. Works fine.

I tuck them into my underpants elastic with half the keys touching my waist and the other half hanging out. Or I just carry them in my hand.

I drive to where I run, so I just put my keys on top of one of my tires. Yes I know, careless, but luckily I've lived in areas where I really do not have to worry about that sort of thing.

[quote name='strayfoxx']I drive to where I run, so I just put my keys on top of one of my tires. Yes I know, careless, but luckily I've lived in areas where I really do not have to worry about that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Until I moved in next door.

bread's done
Back