When should I buy a new PS3?

WiiGame

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
My PS3 broke this morning. Do you guys imagine the PS3 going on sale anytime soon? Maybe when PS4 launches?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^

This right here, not only because of the usual BF madness, but since retailers will be wanting to move as many current gen consoles as possible to make room for the PS4/Xbox One. I'm sure there are going to be some RIDICULOUS sales, so if you can just hold out for a few weeks it'll be well worth the wait ^_^

I'm in the same boat, posted a thread here too about it actually. At this rate I might as well wait until BF/holiday time. The cheapest one I found was a 12GB PS3 for $190 but that still seems overpriced to me. If it was $150 I'd be all for it but that's still 40 too much for something now dated with just a 12GB capacity.

On black friday.

^^

This right here, not only because of the usual BF madness, but since retailers will be wanting to move as many current gen consoles as possible to make room for the PS4/Xbox One. I'm sure there are going to be some RIDICULOUS sales, so if you can just hold out for a few weeks it'll be well worth the wait ^_^
Wow, 10 weeks of no PS3, it's going to be hard, but I'm going to try and persevere!

Do you guys know if in the past the retailers include Amazon?

I'm in the same boat, posted a thread here too about it actually. At this rate I might as well wait until BF/holiday time. The cheapest one I found was a 12GB PS3 for $190 but that still seems overpriced to me. If it was $150 I'd be all for it but that's still 40 too much for something now dated with just a 12GB capacity.
Yeah, that 12GB PS3 is a rip off. I havent seen any 250GB or 500 GB PS3 without $250+ bundles.

BF is a mess unless you live in a smaller city and that's when its beautiful. There is one thing to consider, do you want a slim or super slim? If you are looking for a slim than you would have to take a gamble if there will be anymore left in stock where you are at (unless you buy online). Either way I think the best time would be right before Xmas. I have seem better deals during that time than BF imo.

If you don't mind a slightly used PS3 then cowboom has good prices. Other than on BF you could look into stores such as Target, Sears, or Kmart that are known to put consoles on clearance in certain cases.

Definately wait for Black Friday if you can. Although you just missed a Gamestop sale where their used PS3's were all under $200.

I just got a 12 GB PS3. Maybe I should sell that and wait.
I'd say unless you haven't opened it, just keep an eye out for a good deal on an HDD. Newegg and Amazon are probably the best places to check, and you might come out ahead with a bigger HDD anyway than if you returned/sold the 12GB and bought a different one on BF. Plus you get to play with now instead of in 3 weeks ;)

I'd say unless you haven't opened it, just keep an eye out for a good deal on an HDD. Newegg and Amazon are probably the best places to check, and you might come out ahead with a bigger HDD anyway than if you returned/sold the 12GB and bought a different one on BF. Plus you get to play with now instead of in 3 weeks ;)
You mean 2 months? BF is in November :)

Wow. How low are you guys expecting the PS3 to be?
$99 12 GB....maybe $160 for the 250GB with GTA 5. at least i pray it will be. after dropping that $600 way back when for PS3 i don't want to invest much more in a last gen console

I want to get a new PS3 as well since I still use a 2007 80GB (Motorstorm Bundle) PS3, I hope theres a sale for the 12GB model since I have a 1TB drive in my current PS3 and I'lll just use that for the new one I'm getting.

bread's done
Back