When/Where do u normally use your DS

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, with the recent release of Advance Wars/Nintendogs I REALLY want a DS. Problem is, I'm having trouble convincing myself that I'll play it a lot. I had a GBA, but I just didn't play it that much. But between those two games and Mario Kart, I can't resists. So- where/when do u guys normally play your DS? Help me convince myself its worth buying one!

I barely use it. Well since I got Nintendogs and Advance Wars ill use it more but I cant see myself taking it outta the house.

EDIT::: I usually play before I go to sleep for an hour in the comfort of a recliner or bed.

I play my DS on the train on my way to and from work. It's a good hour commute each way so I get some good playing time in. I also use it when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to turn on the monitor, Gamecube, and speakers.

I use my DS when I'm, you know, doing my business.

Don't look at me like that. You know you do it too.

When ever I damn well feel like it.
If there is a game I want to play I'll play it, I treate it just like any other console. I just have the additional Luxury and taking the game with me.

I really like using my DS at the Bar with my friends, its Actually really useful since we can normally never hear each other. Its funny in Japan they did a DS ad with Utada and her friends in a bar/club all using their DSes. =P

Its also nice to have when your waiting in line for the movies.

I would play it on my way to work, if work wasn't only 6min away.

Other people really can't help you find an answer to this question. People who live in cities, go back and forth between homes, have office jobs, or go to college are going to answer much differently than the guy in his mid thirties working in construction. You have to figure out where YOU might be using a DS and then consider getting one or not. Personally, it works for me because I tend to visit my parents often.

On trips, but mostly at home, in a comfortable chair or on a bed. The times I'm REALLY glad I got a DS are when the power go out (hurricaine season, I'm in florida)...it can be out for up to 10 hours, and a DS is a good diversion :)

I don't think my DS has been out of my house since I purchased it., I just use it when I want to. Isn't that what you do with games?

[quote name='Looshi']I use my DS when I'm, you know, doing my business.

Don't look at me like that. You know you do it too.[/QUOTE]

Random Lueshi!

…………………………………………………. __ . __……………………
……………………………………………….../’`: : `\,---`.„…………………
………………………………………………../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………..
………………„~*¯¯`”\,………... _„_………( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :eek: `-, …...
……………../ : · :(“,.~;*’¯¯¯”\, (_,-- ``”~,….\ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : `\…..
………….....| : · :,/`,-*~;~··-„,/ (‘` ``)/· ,…\.,/` : : :_„„,: : : : : : : : : : : \…
…………….| : · / ,/`,--\ \’`c\,---„1 ‹’`--(_ ,/ / : : :,/` · · ): : : : : : : : : : : |…
……………..) : µ’` .\ © `¯ . . ·`), . ,-~`.. \ : : :neutral: · · '”\, : : : : : : : : : : :/…
……………/` ,/_~-, .`;;`„-„,__,./, ```/……. `\: :\ · · · · `*-.,_ : : : : : :,-‘ ….
……………`-/¨;--;~’ `”*-=,=-_`” ,) ,/`……….`› : `\, · · · · · · ¯”~---,--`…….
…„„………__\, · ‘, · . . . `\„_,/ ,/;-;_ ……. /` ` | ./ · · · · · · · · „-“…………
.( :·`\,-~*`¯ · · ·`¯` `~--~*~---~;/`,-~*```*--, `1` / : | · · · ,---~*”`……………
. \·:··:”*~-,,„„____„„,.-~”`¯¯¯¯/ / · · · · · ‘\,) , / : :neutral: · · · ·\………………….
…`”’~-,„„„„„„,,~‘`` . ( · · · ,.__| | · · · ·, `\„„/ ,/`: : / · · · · ·| ………………..
…………………….\`”””` · · ·`’~;-,„,,_)”`_-‘ : : / · · · · · · | ………………..
……… (`*”-,„,-”¯¯”`-;„· · · · · · , /'``,-~”`¯: : : :/ · · · · · · |.………………..
………. | : :(,;-===-„, `\,· · · ,-`| · ·/ : : : | :,/` · · · · · · ·| ………………..
……… . \ : :\, · · · · \\ · `\. ·)· / · / : :\ : :`~,_ · · · · · ./ …………………
………… \\,_`~.,_„,.-*\\, `/,/„/` ,/ : : :`’;-.„_ : ¯-, · · · /,…………………..
…………..`\,,`”| : :`-,„_„))’`"` ·,/`_„,~*’` · · ( · , ,`)· ·,-; `’\,………………..
……………..`*-\ : : : `~----~*` / · · · · · · · · “”~”` ·/` ·( _ :)………………
…………. ,.¬-,--\ : : : : : : : : / · · · · · · · · · ·,,-“`…..’-„,-‘……………….
…………..| |: :*:\ : : : : : : :_/ „____„„„„,---~*`……………………………
…………./ / : : : `~-„„„„„,.;;`,,.--`………………………………………….
…………| | : : : :neutral:¯ : ,/ ¯ ………………………………………………….
………….\,\,_,„./---~`………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………

Yeah, I pretty much use mine at home. The touch screen and the stlus kind of eliminate use in the car, unless I'm playing a GBA game. It's no fun playing a game with the stylus with you DS bouncing up and down and your hand fidgetting all over the place. So I only use it when I can sit/lie down and play undisturbed. I usually play everywhere if I have a game I'm hooked on.

[quote name='Farny']Random Lueshi!

Yeah, I pretty much use mine at home. The touch screen and the stlus kind of eliminate use in the car, unless I'm playing a GBA game. It's no fun playing a game with the stylus with you DS bouncing up and down and your hand fidgetting all over the place. So I only use it when I can sit/lie down and play undisturbed. I usually play everywhere if I have a game I'm hooked on.[/QUOTE]

If you have a bag or something you can place on your lap that isn't too big/heavy, but at the same time offers some cushioning, it's actually not too bad playing the stylus heavy games. I ride the subway everday to and from work, and since I take a backpack, I use it and tend to have little to no problems.

lol that's funny i'm on your side with that actually i think that's the best time to play the GBA when your relaxing;)

toilet and bed. fuck, now that I think about it, I need to buy another DS because those two things should not go together.

Hells Yeah! On the can is the best place to play a portable. I also play it in my office. Since my back is to the window it just looks like I'm pouring over reports to unwitting passersby. :D

I play it at home, or on long drives ewhne the wife is driving. I also bring it with me to any big events if I get bored i just bust it out.

Its cool to show to people also. I think I am solely responsible for 5 Ds sales alone.. mostly from feel the magic etc.

mainly though I play it at home.. If I dont feel like getting aconsole out... or my wife wants to watch Tv/Movie... Or I just get comfy and bust out Advance wars etc.

All the damn time, but normally just at home. I'm too much of a wuss to take it with me many places though, so I just take my GBC.

I play my DS the most at home when I am in bed. I took it with me when I flew to NY this xmas and it was a great time waster. I also take it with me when I go on business trips to Nashville.

I usually play mine around the house a few hours a day, and also take it with me and play it when visiting a theme park solo, so I can play it while waiting in between shows to pass the time . I've also had a couple people come up and ask for info on it too.

bread's done
Back