When will the next great adventure game surface?

n2x0000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
For all us fans of the classic LucasArts titles and, to a much lesser extent, certain Myst entries, the drying pool of point & click adventure games is getting harder and harder to bear. The most recent genre entry that was any good was Syberia II. Before that was Runaway: A Road Adventure, which showed great promise for an excellent sequel in which all the original title's kinks will hopefully be ironed out. I guess right now I'm itching for a good adventure title. Still Life looks to be engaging, though I'm still holding my breath.

What's your an adventure game you love?

Well I have said it a hundred times and i will say it again since you failed to mention Sierra.

Have you tried checking www.agdinteractive.com in anticipation of their Quest for Glory 2 VGA remake? It will be out in 2005 mid year and will be a great addition to their other two remakes... Kings Quest 1 And 2.

They featured full voice work and updated VGA graphics.

Best of all these three will be free. Teh group that made the games has formed a studio and its releasing a game mid 2006. Himilayianstudios.com

FYI

OP,

I wanted to freshen this topic up a litle to mention Runaway: A Road Adventure.

The game is actually pretty damn good. I just finished it up this weekend and was very pleased. Its not short I put ina bout 12-14 hours with between 2-3 people invloved (this helping with ideas).

Its got nice grahpics, interesting characters, a decent story and it all fits together pretty darn good. There are maybe 2 bad solves for puzzles, as in hard to figure out and kind of out there. But the rest makes perfect sense.

I know it retailed in Circuit City etc for $15-$20 so it should be around.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey in just a few days! Cant wait, if I could only find place with low or free shipping and I would even have to run around looking for it next tuesday. 39.99 MSRP I take that!

[quote name='Snake2715']Best of all these three will be free. Teh group that made the games has formed a studio and its releasing a game mid 2006. Himilayianstudios.com[/QUOTE]

Actually Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine will be a commercial game and not be freeware. They are going to sell it online (i.e. Bone).

http://www.himalayastudios.com/wq.htm

Anyway, no one is talking about Dreamfall on this site? I've been playing for the last few days (Xbox version) and having a lot of fun. :D

This topic was over a year old before it was dredged up; I'm sure people have played Indigo Prophecy by now (just stop playing the last third and imagine your own ending).

bread's done
Back