When you buy a game.

vrs1650

CAGiversary!
How many of you buy games when they first come out. You know wait at the door untill the store opens and get the game right away. Or are you one who waits untill you have played all your other games or the game gets cheaper. Just curious. I am trying to decide if I want to get some games right away or if I shoud wait.

How about doing what you want? How other CAGs handle it has nothing to do with when you should buy the game. If it's something you really want, go get it.

I try to play a demo or something. I also wait for price drops. I'm a CAG and can't spend 50 on a game...

Get a game if you want it...or if you dont feel its worth the $50 right away wait till it drops in price. You can always rent the game. Or check out a review site to see if its ok. But i wouldnt make a desision based on what everyone here does.

I am currently so backlogged on games that I can afford to wait a month or two for any of the new releases, and I'm sure they'll drop 10-20 bucks by then.
I can't even tell you the last time I spent more than $10 on a new game, even though I am now fighting the temptation to get ToS.

I only pick up games that I'm heavily anticipating, come with some freebie that I'd like, or will be hard as hell to find in a couple months. Other than that I can wait, which is why I've got Star Ocean 3 and Phantom Brave pre-ordered and I'm passing on Pikmin 2 for the time being...

I guess if it's something I REALLY want, I'll buy it. However, I'll wait on a few games. I like to get games early, especially if they are online...because if you don't, you will usually get smoked right away online.

I've only waited outside for the store to open four times.
First was when the GameCube was released
Second was for Metroid Prime
Third was for Kingdom Hearts
Forth was for Final Fantasy X-2

Thats it. I'll most likely do it again for Metroid Prime 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII and the Nintendo DS.

I'm pretty sure that the last game where I waited for was the release of Final Fantasy VIII. I stood in line for about a half an hour which isn't too bad though.

I'm never there when the store opens or anything that pathetic, but I'll pick a game up within a week or two of release if I really want it,
regardless of how long it will take me to get around to playing it. Of course, there hasn't been a game like that for some time now.

I've never waited outside of the store to buy anything. If I preorder it, then I'll just go in to the store later that day.I usually wait for a price drop unless it's a game that won't be $20 in a few mos. (i.e. GTA SA, Halo 2)

I bought ESPN NFL 2K5, for 20 the day it came out, and I plan on buying Halo 2 the day it comes out, other then that, I wait for price drops.

Never waited outside the door for something, that is why they have preorders. If I know I'll be getting a game the day it debuts then it gets preordered, if I'm not getting it the same day it comes out then chances are 99% I'm waiting a few months.

[quote name='johnnyoski']I am currently so backlogged on games that I can afford to wait a month or two for any of the new releases, and I'm sure they'll drop 10-20 bucks by then.[/quote]

I'm actually at this point for one of the first times in years. I recently got Wind Waker, F Zero, Eternal Darkness, Spiderman, Pikmin, Wario World and a few others and still haven't played them yet.

Transformers and NFL 2k5 is sucking down most of my playing time right now.

I feel content to not buy another game for several months now, and that is very rare for me.

I picked up ESPN NFL 2K5 the day it released, but I traded in two old crappy games to get it for free from EB the day before so I don't know if I'd really count that.

I can't see myself spending $50 for any game. Maybe Jade Empire, but I still doubt it.

The only time Ive every waited outside a store before it was open was when the Gamecube launched. I got to my local EB about a half an hour early, and I was the first person in line.

I've never waited outside a store for a game on its release date. I've picked up some games on their release date, but I won't show up early or anything.

I've waited outside a store for a few new DVD's only because the morning is the only time I'm usually available to do what I want to. I have other commitments (school, work, etc.) during the day and going 40 minutes earlier in the morning to pick something up is easier than battling rush hour trying to get to the mall area.

That's cool, I not going to base my decision on what everyone else says, just curious. I am at that point now where I am so backlogged with games there is no need to buy for almost a year. But at the same time, there are a bunch of games that I wouldn't mind having. Oh well, life is tough sometimes.

There's very few games I will buy right when they come out. Ratchet and Clank games, and Grand Theft Auto games are probably the only ones I need to play right away, most times, I wait 6 months or so and am able to get 3 or 4 of the games I wanted earlier for the price it would have been to get just one of them when they were first released.

I have never stood outside a store waiting for it to open to buy a game. I only do this on the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday).

bread's done
Back