Where are all the GTA:SA reviews???

[quote name='Scorch']
i said ANOTHER leak...i know there was one this week...but they are trying to prevent further pirating over the net....so maybe this is how they intend on doing it...

what the hell do you mean "further pirating over the net".. nothing's going to stop it. The full game's out there and EVERY GAME has been leaked to the net and has been since 2001.. I don't know why game news columnists are trying to bring it into focus now. Halo 2 leaked a full month before retail.. yeah.. so did Silent Hill 4, but you never heard anything about that leak, did you?[/quote]

i meant that the more that the game is passed on, the more accessible it is since even more ppl could post it on the net then and there would be more sources of d/ling etc...especially since the game has not come out yet and it is highly anticipated

yea i know its not very clear but....oh well...

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='batman2million'][quote name='swetooth9']its cuz they dont wanna risk another leak[/quote]

umm..i thinks its already leaked...

I liked vice city.. but the only game to keep my hopes up is Zelda oot.
But still..im looking foward to this game..[/quote]

Its already been leaked. Not to mention the fact that all previous GTA games, and all games for that matter, face the same threat. There's gotta be another reason.

EDIT: Batman2million beat me to it.

i said ANOTHER leak...i know there was one this week...but they are trying to prevent further pirating over the net....so maybe this is how they intend on doing it...[/quote]

All you said was ANOTHER. You could have meant ANOTHER leak in general as in "GTA was leaked and Rock* doesn't want to risk ANOTHER leak". And besides what would another leak really do if there is one copy that has been spreading like wildfire. All you need is one leak so your argument seems a bit flawed.[/quote]

i meant there could be more "mirrors" for d/ling etc...

[quote name='Scorch']I said it's from a subpar reporter. It's funny how if a game gets a bad review, especially a game like GTA, 10 people step up to defend it, and none of those 10 people have played it, yet the reporter has.

What he said is exactly the truth. It's just more of the same.[/quote]

More of the same might have no effect on sales numbers though. Look at Madden or even Halo 2.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='Scorch']I said it's from a subpar reporter. It's funny how if a game gets a bad review, especially a game like GTA, 10 people step up to defend it, and none of those 10 people have played it, yet the reporter has.

What he said is exactly the truth. It's just more of the same.[/quote]

More of the same might have no effect on sales numbers though. Look at Madden or even Halo 2.[/quote]

Don't even get me started on Madden...same game with a facelift every year...

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='batman2million'][quote name='swetooth9']its cuz they dont wanna risk another leak[/quote]

Its already been leaked. Not to mention the fact that all previous GTA games, and all games for that matter, face the same threat. There's gotta be another reason.

i said ANOTHER leak...i know there was one this week...but they are trying to prevent further pirating over the net....so maybe this is how they intend on doing it...[/quote]

All you said was ANOTHER. You could have meant ANOTHER leak in general as in "GTA was leaked and Rock* doesn't want to risk ANOTHER leak". And besides what would another leak really do if there is one copy that has been spreading like wildfire. All you need is one leak so your argument seems a bit flawed.[/quote]

i meant there could be more "mirrors" for d/ling etc...[/quote]

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I don't think you know and/or understand leaked games and downloading things and how things are shared.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='batman2million'][quote name='swetooth9']its cuz they dont wanna risk another leak[/quote]

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I don't think you know and/or understand leaked games and downloading things and how things are shared.[/quote]

Yeah I'm with scortch on this one, once the full game gets out its pretty much all over.

Here are the scores from the December OPM...Got it from someone at gamespot's boards...

GTA:SA 5/5 GOTM
NFSU2 5/5
R&C:UYA 5/5
Jak3 4.5/5
THUG2 4.5/5
KR Vol3 4.5/5
Eyetoy:Antigrav 4.5/5
Bloodranye2 4.5/5
Spongebob:The Movie 4.5/5
MK D 4/5
Espn NBA 4/5
Killzone 4/5
XMen L 4/5
Ace Combat 5 4/5
Blood Will Tell 4/5
TaikoDrum Master 4/5

it's great to see gta sa & nfsu2 both got 5/5 until i read that bloodrayne got 4.5. suddenly it looks like the reviews are uber-friendly.

[quote name='basketkase543']Wow, OPM is feeling a little generous these days.[/quote]
Yeah, I noticed that too, but many of those games seem like they are going to deserve those high scores...The scores this month are much different in comparison to last month's (which were lower).

there is supposedly going to be some FPS elements in a few missions. i think i will like any twist they throw at me. i also think that the eating part and working out part is a great idea. not like its going to take forever to get one thing to each(which will probably be needed like once a week by game time standards)

im getting on tuesday hopefully.

My brother pulled up a review earlier, I think it may have been the OPM one if I can find it I will post the link.

[quote name='el bobo']http://www.gtasanan.com/news/single.php?id=284

Lol, that took long![/quote]

Thanks for the link, its great to get some information on the final copy of the game.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='batman2million'][quote name='swetooth9']its cuz they dont wanna risk another leak[/quote]

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I don't think you know and/or understand leaked games and downloading things and how things are shared.[/quote]

from Fabolous's new single "Breathe" - "you know what? you right"

yea, i dont know as much about these things as you guys...i was just tryin to share some ideas as to why they may not have sent out advance copies to reviewers...

oh shit am i drooling, ive never hear danzig in a game before, hes gotta be one of the most unique artists. first misfits-then samhein-and last danzig

Radio:X

DJ: Sage

Finally, there IS an alternative. The home of Modern Rock. This is a revolution. Guitars, nihilistic hedonism, and telling the elder generation to go screw themselves. Nobody has done this before. We are original thinkers. We are free. Sage leads the navel grazing; she is a remarkable talent.

1. Helmet - Unsung
2. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
3. Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
4. Danzig - Mother
5. Living Colour - Cult Of Personality
6. Primal Scream - Movin' On Up
7. Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
8. L7 - Pretend We're Dead
9. Ozzy Ozbourne - Hellraiser
10. Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
11. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
12. Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
13. The Stone Roses - Fool's Gold
14. Alice In Chains - Them Bones
15. Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

im kinda sad that there wont be a full punk radio, but alternative is fine by me.

[quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='ChrisXE']I played GTA:SA a while ago, wasent so hot, but they stil had a few months to fix things, worst things are camera and controls(very bad)[/quote]

Dude, you're so full of crap I can smell you from here. You're the same guy who posted "The Truth About GTA: SA" which was also BS. Just give it up.

The game hasn't been reviewed online yet because Rockstar is very careful about their code -- especially since the leak. They've always been one of the most protective companies. Most websites have to wait to get boxed copies from Rockstar to review (I think IGN or GameSpot will get an early exclusive).[/quote]

Then why did the user joysticks IM me, and say he felt the same way? I played it, you have not, end of story

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Charlie Murphy should have reprised his role as MC Gusto.

Straight Outta Lo'Cash!!![/quote]

Maybe it's the same charater with a diffrent name. I LOVE CB4!

The game and system hating is disgustingly reminiscent of gamefaq. The difference Is I don't expect much from them, but I do from CAG, so what is up with all this immature hating? If you don't like the game, fine, but there is no need to go around posting your stupid bashing in every damn gta thread.

And for you people bitching about reviews I hope you realize how huge this game is. This isn't your typical 5-10 hour game - this game is massive and thoroughly experiencing everything to be able to review it will take a long, long, long time. In fact the OPM reviewer said he reviewed the game and he still hadn't finished it. He also said this is quite possibly the best game ever made.

BTW, OPM Reviewed GTA SA and gave it a.............

5/5. They said it was one of the best games ever (Yes they do say that about every game). Still, this game is gonna kick so much azz.

[quote name='CocaineReaver2k']BTW, OPM Reviewed GTA SA and gave it a.............
5/5. They said it was one of the best games ever (Yes they do say that about every game). Still, this game is gonna kick so much azz.[/quote]

BTW, that was posted several times on this board, and even already once in this thread.

I don't know if this was already posted or not but IGN will have their review of GTA: SA posted sometime today. I hope they got it ahead of time because I'd like to know a ballpark figure on total time for the main game and not some review like I've seen a few of in the past weeks where they haven't rated a game. All I know is this is the perfect game to tide us gamers over til Halo 2! 8)

[quote name='trustcompany1013']omfg....helmet is in gta sa?!?![/quote]

i know. thank goodness. its time about time.

also, im wondering if that Shaun Ryder listed as a voice actor is the guy from the Happy Mondays. If you saw 24 hour Party People, you'd know how cool that guy is.

[quote name='Scrubking']
I'd like to know a ballpark figure on total time for the main game

According to OPM it is 70 to 100 hours, with guide, for 100%[/quote]

Thats really sweet then!!! I usually put in 100 hours in doing drive bys and exploring everything in the city and just causing chaos lol. I cant wait to do a drive-by on a bicycle lol

Damn, other than the country one, which I don't know much about, those stations are hella sweet.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']omfg....helmet is in gta sa?!?![/quote]

Hell yeah!

To die unsung would really bring you down
Although wet eyes would never suit you

That whole alternative/rock station listing looks sweet - I have all those songs on CD or mp3 except like 1 or 2.

[quote name='ChrisXE'][quote name='ViolentLee'][quote name='ChrisXE']I played GTA:SA a while ago, wasent so hot, but they stil had a few months to fix things, worst things are camera and controls(very bad)[/quote]

Dude, you're so full of crap I can smell you from here. You're the same guy who posted "The Truth About GTA: SA" which was also BS. Just give it up.

The game hasn't been reviewed online yet because Rockstar is very careful about their code -- especially since the leak. They've always been one of the most protective companies. Most websites have to wait to get boxed copies from Rockstar to review (I think IGN or GameSpot will get an early exclusive).[/quote]

Then why did the user joysticks IM me, and say he felt the same way? I played it, you have not, end of story[/quote]

If that's the end of the story, it must be a sci-fi/fantasy story, because I don't believe you for a second. You'd have to have ties to the industry, and by your conduct, there's no way in hell that that's true. More likely, you're just another anonymous Internet loser trying to make himself cool by trolling on a message board.

bread's done
Back