Where are the Falcon 360s?

whitehawk

CAG Veteran
So, does anyone know where to find a Falcon 65nm 360 in the GTA. I'm talking about the one that uses 175watts instead of 203watts.

Does anyone know? I've called many places and they're all 203watts.

The falcons are a myth. They are not real. They do not exist. JK. I have heard that amazon is only selling the falcons now. Not sure though so do some searches first if your interested.

They've been around for a while. Check online to see what the serial number is supposed to be for Falcons and just check it out on the box before buying.

Also, not all falcon boxes are labeled 175w PS- many are out there that aren't. I have only seen two with the 175w label, one arcade and one pro. Myself, I am looking for an elite to replace my pro. You can get a guide for picking the lot numbers and build teams then roll the dice, do the inspections and mess with a return if you still miss out.

[quote name='whitehawk']So, does anyone know where to find a Falcon 65nm 360 in the GTA. I'm talking about the one that uses 175watts instead of 203watts.

Does anyone know? I've called many places and they're all 203watts.[/quote]

Not all Falcons are 175watts. I have a 203watt Falcon. The first few waves include 203s.

Hi guys, I did a lot of research to find me, so I'd love to share :)

Two places you want to go for Falcons if you're Albertan: Best Buy and Future Shop over in Northland Mall, Calgary. They've had several reported, including mine; Premiums AND Elites (I got an Elite, I was as shocked as the guy working there was).

Don't be mislead by the sticker saying 203W - there's Falcons that don't have that sticker on it yet. Look for any Lot 041 or higher. The key is to lift the flap (FS and BB will let you) on the machine and check the last five digits. You want to find 041 before the 05 or 07 at the end. If you do, you should be holding a Falcon. When you open it up, the power bar will confirm your find -- stating the magic 175W number. Plus, the fact that it's still cool to the touch after 6+ hours of gaming... lol.

I'm looking for one in Edmonton for my friend and will post if I find any place that has one. FS is my #1 bet though, then BB.

If there's none on the store floor ask if there's any in the back form a new shipment. The Future Shop in Kanata hid the ones with the 175W sticker ones in the back so they could sell the older models first.

Thanks guys. I asked if they had a new shipment in the back one time around the 28th, and it still said 203w.

I'll just keep looking.

[quote name='whitehawk']Thanks guys. I asked if they had a new shipment in the back one time around the 28th, and it still said 203w.

I'll just keep looking.[/quote]
Read my post bud, there's Falcons in boxes marked "203W" (as mine was). Check the lot number and/or serial on the machine itself!

[quote name='whitehawk']Thanks guys. I asked if they had a new shipment in the back one time around the 28th, and it still said 203w.

I'll just keep looking.[/quote]

...Are you even reading our posts?

lol, ya I am reading them. I just have a feeling that I'm gonna pick up a 203w model, and it will indeed be a 203w 360. It would be re-assuring to see 175w on the box.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Are the Halo 3 consoles Falcons?[/quote]

I believe that they are... I did a lot of research before I bought mine and was lead to believe that the Halo 3 models had at least one chip at 65nm. They also have the HDMI port and do seem (to me) to run cooler than the older models. Mine has only locked up once since I've had it, and that was not a "red ring" type error... seemed to be a glitch in the game.

[quote name='kevbot']I believe that they are... I did a lot of research before I bought mine and was lead to believe that the Halo 3 models had at least one chip at 65nm. They also have the HDMI port and do seem (to me) to run cooler than the older models. Mine has only locked up once since I've had it, and that was not a "red ring" type error... seemed to be a glitch in the game.[/quote]

I have one, and I can say, for a fact, that NOT ALL of them are. Mine isn't, neither is my friends H3 Xbox 360. I recently opened mine up and got hit with, what felt like a mac truck. I have a H3 xbox 360 with the Zephyr motherboard AND a hitachi-LG 79FL dvd drive. Oh, and also the 203watt power supply. Yeah, it sucks hardcore.

But then again, it was the very first box that we got in (so it was our first shipment). I am currently sending it back to MS to see if they can replace my motherboard/dvd drive to get a newer one. Hope to get a falcon/benq drive. I can wish, can't I? ;)

I have a Halo 3 edition 360 it's defiantly a zephyr model with a Benq drive it was bought when Halo 3 came out. It runs cool.

Yeah, I remember reading something like, if it was manufactured after 10-17-07 then it will be a falcon + Benq. So I would look for a recent xbox 360 if you want the best chance to get a falcon.

Two weeks ago I helped my buddy find a Falcon. Lot 051, box still showed 203W but the power supply was indeed 173W. That was Southside Edmonton Future Shop for those looking locally. It was a Pro package too.

i had to check other 360 websites for info- my box/system labels say my unit was made 1/23/2008. both state it being 203w, but after checking the power brick, that label states the brick at 175w. also after playing it for a few hours straight, the system was still cool. team cson, lot 0803

bread's done
Back