Where are the PS4s?

Navex said:
I really don't how you could be starved for a new one but regardless even so the fucks the point in rushing out to get it when there's hardly jack to play on it? All power to you I guess but considering the circumstances don't really see the point.
I played through the entirety of AC4 on it and I'm almost done with my first season in NBA 2K14's MyCareer mode. I ended up not liking Killzone that much, though.

My goal was to play AC4 on my couch on a system that wouldn't display it as a juttering, jaggy, pop-in piece of shit mess, basically. And the device served its goal well. I was one of the few people that ended up liking AC3 after it's 10-hour tutorial and introduction sequence, but the one thing I hated was how jaggy it looked and how poorly it performed. I've long held that the current gen consoles have been running games that they have no right to run.

Infamous is out this Friday, which should give us our first taste of what next-gen open world is going to be like.

Hardware defects don't worry me. If a system is going to fail, it's probably going to do so within the first year, especially at the rate I've been using it. If the problems are on par with that of the Xbox 360, they would be expected to extend the warranty, which I took advantage of with my Xbox 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus, after a year, you'll be able to make at least an initial judgment as to the quality of games coming out for each console, which one has the optimal versions of multiplatform games, which one is selling better and is therefore more likely to receive support from developers and publishers, etc.
I think any informed consumer knew this information 6 months before the consoles released

People are still having trouble finding these? Wow, I haven't really been paying attention to their availability, but that's ridiculous considering its been out for a few months already.
You must not remember the 360 launch. I wasn't able to get one till my birthday in April 2006. I lucked out and found one in a local mom and pop game store.

I've literally only seen 1 in a store. That was at a Walmart. One's seem to be overflowing at the stores here

Stock seems to have stabilized.  The Costco I got mine at 2 weeks ago still had 7 or 8 today (and a bunch of X1s).  Amazon still has them in stock as well.

I think any informed consumer knew this information 6 months before the consoles released
PS4s could all start malfunctioning in a couple of months. It's still early in the game, and while PS4 definitely has a leg up on the One, it's not as wide a gap as the 360 had on PS3. At this point of the last generation, the PS3 didn't even exist yet.

It's still early in the game, and while PS4 definitely has a leg up on the One, it's not as wide a gap as the 360 had on PS3. At this point of the last generation, the PS3 didn't even exist yet.
True. But the 360 did launch an entire year before the PS3. And how much of their comparative performance in the market was due to Microsoft's brilliance, as opposed to Sony's mistakes?

It's easy to forget, but Sony made a huge number of mistakes with the general design and launch of the PS3. They've managed to revise and refine the system in the intervening years. But at the start it was really rough. And there were some decisions that still haunt them.

What's really amazing about the PS4 is that Sony was willing to back-peddle so hard. They basically threw out most of the hardware decisions that had held the PS3 back and started over from scratch.

Microsoft took a similar approach with the XBox One. But since the 360 didn't have nearly as many long-lasting hardware-related flaws, it is questionable if this approach was to their advantage.

bread's done
Back