Where are you buying your PSP Slim?

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sorry for the dumb question...

Where are you guys buying your PSP Slim? I went to Circuit City and TRU this past weekend looking for one (so I could see it in person) but neither store had them. Not even any signage or promotional material to indicate that a new model had just been released! I asked someone at TRU and they said that it would not come in until possibly November!!!?

Also, please fill the n00b (me) in on what color(s) it is available in. I want a white one, is that available in the US or is that an import color only? Is the white ones available now or will they be available later on like the black ones?

So obviously you guys are getting yours somewhere. Are they preordered from online websites, or bought online, or at a B+M store? And is everyone's PSP Slim silver because it is all that is available right now?

PS- Has anyone seem Worms Open Warfare 2 for sale anywhere either? I could not find it at CC or TRU either. TRU didn't even have any record of it in their system. I know it's been out for a little while, I would have expected to see it on the shelves by now?

I guess it's a good thing since if I had found Worms for either the DS or PSP I might have been forced to buy it :) Saved me potentially like $200 :D

Ruahrc

Bought mine at Gamestop the Saturday before last. They had only 3 in stock, and there's still 2 left as of Sunday. Seems the word isn't getting around or the people in my area just don't care (or don't like the silver).

Bought mine at Target two weeks or so ago, it had a faulty analog nub and a dead pixel, returned it and picked a second one up at Gamestop that seems flawless.

I PMed mine at a Wal-Mart like 10 days ago.

If there's a reason there aren't any in stores it's because some people are going through 3+ systems claiming that a dead pixel that isn't even visible during gameplay or movie playback is reason enough to return a system.

[quote name='Halo05']If there's a reason there aren't any in stores it's because some people are going through 3+ systems claiming that a dead pixel that isn't even visible during gameplay or movie playback is reason enough to return a system.[/quote]

If I'm going to pay $200 for something, I'm going to try my best to get a product that isn't problematic.

[quote name='Rocko']If I'm going to pay $200 for something, I'm going to try my best to get a product that isn't problematic.[/QUOTE]

I know your case, you had a broken stick and I certainly would've returned mine if it had the same issues. Someone in another thread mentioned that they were on their 5th PSP Slim. At that point I have to raise the bullshit flag and say that they're simply imagining things.

Just got it from amazon.com . Pretty great service since I got in within one day. Mind you, this is plain old free shipping with items over $25.

[quote name='Halo05']I know your case, you had a broken stick and I certainly would've returned mine if it had the same issues. Someone in another thread mentioned that they were on their 5th PSP Slim. At that point I have to raise the bullshit flag and say that they're simply imagining things.[/quote]

I agree, I had a dead pixel group smack in the middle of mine. I thought I would be ok with it but it was too distracting so I had it exchanged at Best Buy. But I told myself if this second unit had a defect too I would return it and not exchange it. Because, if these PSPs had many flaws then it would be best to wait until they fix the problem. I wouldn't even dare trying 5 times to return any item fearing that the store would ban me.

Got mine at Gamestop with some credit (paid about $39 out of pocket). No dead pixels.

Now if I could just find those damn component cables...

I got mines from some dude's backpack i found at school. JK, I actually don't really see a good enough reason to buy one. Doesn't really add any good new features except the tv out.

[quote name='jling84']Just got my FF7 Crisis Core Bundle from Play-Asia yesterday![/QUOTE]
Are you going to open it and play with it? For that kind of money I'd have a hard time breaking it open. Especially since the number was so limited.

by the way which games are you guys getting? mines going to come with daxter and family guy umd. ill probably get metal gear with it as well. does anyone have a coupon for this pos. the only raeson im buying a system from phony $ony is because i need something to play while im bored at work.

Some people have found them already. I haven't looked since I PMed the Target website at Wal-Mart for the silver one like 2 weeks ago.

I'm waiting for the last minute on the SW Ceramic.

I have a BB GC and the CC $40 off $199.99 ready. Come on Target misprint!

Got mine at amazon. 1 dead pixel in the upper right area. It's a little distracting, but I'll live with it. My first PSP had a lit pixel in the lower left area, and because it wasn't completely dead, it was less annoying.

I say buy it in store if you can as it's a bit easier and faster to return.

I can do returns with Amazon, but it's not worth the hassle and waiting to me.

If I had more of a problem with the unit besides the 1 pixel, I'd return it, of course.

think im going to pick up a slim this weekend. not sure if i want the bundle or the black one with a 4gb, i plan on using that $40 off coupon at circut city, so im not sureif ill just go for the silver and be done with it or get the black one. i already got some composite and componet cables on order from gaminglagoon.com (totally roxrz) and an extra charger for work.

I picked up a Crisis Core bundle when I was in Hong Kong. Cost me about $320. I'm not willing to play with it just yet, since I still have my old PSP working rather well.

Sorry I got mine at gamestop the local mom and pop store didn't have any and then I ran over to toys r us cause they have some really cheap games for psp

bread's done
Back