Where Can I Buy Buffy The Vampire Slayer-Chosen Collection...?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Oh and for as cheap ass possible. I remember seeing these all the time at Costco, but said to myself that it would probably replace the single season sets and that I'd have time to get it. Oh and the fact I didn't have any money should also be counted. now I can only find it for MSRP at BB which is needless to say, too much. Also I can't seem to find it on DDD anymore...

Nope.
Limited edition, out of stock most places. You could maybe find it at a B&M, but the cheapest I've seen it for new was 180 from DVD Pacific, I think, and it may have even been out of stock.
I've heard the regular season sets will see a price drop in the near future, along with a repackaging, but if you missed the Chosen collection, unless you get lucky, you're out of luck.
Me too :( I kick myself for not buying it from DDD's 20% sale last year. I was about 1/2 way through the series, renting via BBO, but I could have bought it, cancelled my BBO, then sold it when I was done watching it.

[quote name='dtcarson']Nope.
Limited edition, out of stock most places. You could maybe find it at a B&M, but the cheapest I've seen it for new was 180 from DVD Pacific, I think, and it may have even been out of stock.
I've heard the regular season sets will see a price drop in the near future, along with a repackaging, but if you missed the Chosen collection, unless you get lucky, you're out of luck.
Me too :( I kick myself for not buying it from DDD's 20% sale last year. I was about 1/2 way through the series, renting via BBO, but I could have bought it, cancelled my BBO, then sold it when I was done watching it.[/quote]

Same here. Right at the endo f the DVD sale last year I was so hesitant about buying it. I kept looking at the price tag, and then at how much I had already spent, and ughh...Yaeh. I should of gotten it.

I managed to snag it as a preorder from Amazon for 120 or so.. worth every cent though.. a great package.
Which seasons are you missing now? I have 1-7 in the old 6 disk packaging as well.
watched once or so. some small wear on the cardboard for a couple of the seasons

100 shipped for those if you want em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUFFY-THE-VAMPI...goryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy on Ebay is selling it for about $200 new, plus $20 shipping, which is what I paid for it at Barnes and Noble website about three months ago. A bit pricey, but still cheaper and way more convenient than buying each season separately (isn't it?) and , in my opinion, worth every penny. And I don't think you're going to find it cheaper than $200 unless the re-issue it.

I wish they would come out with a similar collection for Angel, or at least re-issue the season sets with the slimmer packaging.

[quote name='jonlubbe']http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...0798/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/203-6071647-7803930

This is the European Angel DVD box, which much like the buffy box before it is (was) a EU exclusive.. but the buffy box did get released in the states eventually.

So I believe that much like buffy, this angel box will eventually find its way onto our shores.. Hopefully I will have money saved up by then.. (stupid car payments)[/QUOTE]

That's great - thanks for the info. I guess I'll hold off on buying the individual sets for a while longer. Do you have any idea how long the Buffy set was out in Europe before they released it in the states?

Your best chance on getting a copy of this is on eBay. I haven't seen a copy of this set on sale online since December. These sold real quick and I still kick myself for not getting one when I had the chance. In the end I ended up picking up all 7 seasons last month when they were released in the new slim packaging and Amazon was selling them for $20 a piece.

Check ebay. This set is long gone from most stores. It was truley a Limited Edition. If you find it for under $200 SNAG it.

However, the did lower the price and re-issue all of Buffy. Season 1 is $19.99 and the rest are $29.99 each.

I was never a huge fan, but I was going to get it last year as well. Its one of those shows the wife and I can sit down and watch together. Right now the chosen collection and the robotech protoculture set are the 2 items I am kicking myself for not preordering on amazon or getting at the DDD sale last year.

Dang I shouldve boughten it at Costco last christmas. I remember it was like $120 after 30 off coupon for Fox dvd sets.

Hope the release something similar on HDDVD or Bluray.

Is their any other series that released all seasons in one box? I thought the Buffy Collection was really cool because the price.

Looks like there's due to be a rerelease:
9/19/06
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD031290

Also shown on Amazon.

Now, I'm not so interested in it...we're almost finished with S5 through BBO, and though there are some episodes I wouldn't mind watching again, I don't know if I'd watch the whole series again. Of course, my wife just started watching with me, and she missed the whole Mayor/Faith season [I really liked him as a bad guy] and 'Hush'....

This is a great set (I bought it when Amazon offered it as preorder a couple of years ago) but I wanna know when they are gonna do the same with Angel. I know they have it in the U.K., I just wanna know when it'll make it accross the pond. I've got S1 but I hesitate to pick-up anymore b/c I want the complete set.

Im with you Seamus, I want the Angel set to come over also. I have 1 and 5 but I dont want to waste money on the others until I know for sure we will never get the box set.

Thanks dtcarson. I've noticed that recently as well and have been keeping up with the status of it through a thread over at DVDTalk and this thread. Right now I'm just trying to figure out where I should pre-order it from...probably Amazon as I love their packaging and even though DDD has a great price for it, I just don't want to risk it for this set.

Is there any reason this would be worth owning over the single season releases? I ask because I am only missing season 6 have all the others.

[quote name='darkk']Is there any reason this would be worth owning over the single season releases? I ask because I am only missing season 6 have all the others.[/QUOTE]

It has a couple special features that can only be found on the complete set. Well that and the packaging just looks cool as all hell.

[quote name='darkk']Is there any reason this would be worth owning over the single season releases? I ask because I am only missing season 6 have all the others.[/quote]
If you really wanted it, you could probably sell your sets to pay for the slayer set.

This IS BEING RERLEASED! Check Amazon and a few other sites. Sucks for people like me who like owning something that is truley 'limited', but atleast it lets other get it.

It's got one bonus disk, and a letter from Joss Whedon, and of course the packaging. Each of the 39 other disks is exactly like the current release.

I've never had a major problem with DDD, although i know lots of other people have. The one problem I did have was when I ordered 2 copies of the same thing, and only got one--one phone call and five days later, I had the other copy.

from DDD:
"BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER-COMPLETE 1-7 SHIPPED 1 $139.87 1 08/15/06 $139.87"

Appears to still be available, it's on their front page. I searched for the UPC and it does come up as the Chosen collection.
I haven't been able to find any news, I don't know if this is a reprint, or if DDD happened to find a truckload somewhere, or if Fox released a few more cases.
It's listed on Buy.com and a few other sites, with a preorder date of 9/19.

You can get S6 for ~23.00 from DDD, so if you could sell your current seasons for 20 bucks each or so, you'd almost be breaking even buying the Chosen.
People are insane. Recent completed auctions for this set on ebay range from 125 shipped [deal] to 229 shipped, although the current auctions aren't going for that much.

Holy Shit! Thanks dt! I'll place an order when I get home for one through DDD since they seem to be the place to go with it in-stock.

Someone sell me season 3-7 for cheap... I'm serious about buying them (even if it means my 1-2 slim cased versions look out of place :/). PM me if you're interested!

[quote name='Aliens']Someone sell me season 3-7 for cheap... I'm serious about buying them (even if it means my 1-2 slim cased versions look out of place :/). PM me if you're interested![/QUOTE]

They're only like $18 right now at Costco.

Awesome, I ordered one of the Buffy Chosen Collection sets from DDD and it has already shippped today to me. Can't wait to get it. Thanks guys!

No costcos nearby, but thanks for the tip. I would be glad to take someone's 3-7s off their hands and give them the chance to "upgrade" to the complete set ;)

[quote name='dtcarson']It's theoretically available at Amazon now, free shipping, says 'ships in 7-10 days'.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...7799/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-6252262-0339139?ie=UTF8

But it's also 199.98. For sixty bucks savings, I'll risk DDD's shipping, but I can understand how someone might not want to.[/QUOTE]

Damn it! This was OOS at Amazon the other day and I would have preferred just ordering it from them. If my DDD order comes in mangled or even one corner is mess up I will order another without a doubt.

Yeah, I saw this on DDD today and realized how much I've been screwed in the ass.

I missed out on the release last year, so when I finally saw a copy at a different Best Buy than I usually frequent, I impulse-bought it on the spot!

I could have saved $60! (Although there were no indications of a re-release, as this was supposed to be LIMITED.)

The only good thing this could lead to is a Angel set. They better release one after doing this to me!

Got mine from DDD today, packed in a big box. Seems to be in good shape, though I'm going to open it and check the disks.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']

The only good thing this could lead to is a Angel set. They better release one after doing this to me![/quote]

Yes, please. A Complete Angel collection would be just what the doctor ordered. I wonder if it would be cheaper since it only went two seasons shorter than Buffy. Like I said, I've held out buying the individual seasons of Angel in hopes of a "Complete Collection" but it's getting harder.

[quote name='dtcarson']Got mine from DDD today, packed in a big box. Seems to be in good shape, though I'm going to open it and check the disks.[/QUOTE]

Is yours numbered? If so, what is it? Curious to see if this is the extra of the original stock or a wholenew edition.

I haven't noticed yet, I'll look harder.
Were they ever actually numbered? I heard that they removed the numbering before the first release, though that might not be true. Do you know where the number would be?

My mistake. I thought these were humbered...guess not. Still curious if this is additional product or leftover from a warehouse.

bread's done
Back