Where Can I Donate Games?

Rodster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I came up with a splendid idea. Instead of trading in my games which don't have a lot of value and as crappy as the economy is. I thought I might donate my seldom used games to those less fortunate for Christmas. Any ideas where can I donate them in my area? :bouncy:

Do you want my home or work address? :)

I think Childs play would be a good place to start. If not there, it will at least point you on the right direction

[quote name='shadowkast']Do you want my home or work address? :)

I think Childs play would be a good place to start. If not there, it will at least point you on the right direction[/QUOTE]

Childplay's doesnt accpet used games, but they will point you to where you can donate

this is a good thing you are doing.

I would like to recommend hospitals, specifically special children's hospitals or facilities that have a significant pediatric program. I know based on what I see every day, they just want to do what every other kid is doing. since they can't always take part in the normal physical/outdoor activites, they really get a kick out of gaming.

just a thought. wherever you donate you are doing a good thing.

This might sound crazy at first, but hear me out: you should see if your local library is interested. My hometown's library has a big DVD collection, so that's evidence enough that [at least some] libraries lend out electronic entertainment items. Even if they don't have any games that they borrow.. if they're being donated, I don't see much reason for them to refuse to accept them. ;)

And the kids in the neighborhood would be eternally grateful, I'm sure. I can only imagine how exhilarated a 10-year-old me would have been upon finding a collection of games in my local library. :)

[quote name='irighti']this is a good thing you are doing.

I would like to recommend hospitals, specifically special children's hospitals or facilities that have a significant pediatric program. I know based on what I see every day, they just want to do what every other kid is doing. since they can't always take part in the normal physical/outdoor activites, they really get a kick out of gaming.

just a thought. wherever you donate you are doing a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Hospitals are a very good idea. I barely remember playing some game with the main character as a star when I had to stay in hospital for a little over a week for a head injury many years ago. Made my time a little more enjoyable and I know there are many kids that are there for much worse reasons that I was.

Dress up as Santa and stand next to the Salvation Army dude or Girl Scout cookie girls at your local grocery store and give 'em away.

[quote name='ndheah']The Midwest has Goodwill, unsure if it's nation wide. Plus, you can get a tax write-off.[/QUOTE]

Goodwill will then charge the customers for the games, though. Then, someone (not an unfortunate child) will stop by and grab the games on the cheap. I don't think Goodwill is a good option for what you're trying to do. Don't get me wrong, I've donated to Goodwill plenty of times, but there has to be a better option.

Some churches have programs to give children presents for Christmas.
I know my friend's church does this every year.
People can sign up to give gifts to less fortunate children who wouldn't have presents otherwise.
You give the items to the church and they distribute the presents to the families.

bread's done
Back