Where can I get Star Wars movies on DVD Widescreen on the cheap?

[quote name='Chrono72090']Looking for Star Wars Eps I - IV Widescreen on DVD for as cheap as possible. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

About 10 bucks at wallyworld. I think i've seen them on sale in the sunday ads for 7.50 or so at Circuit City or Best Buy. Although that is for 4-6, 1-3 you might have to get from DD for about 15 each.

Best Buy had at least eps II and III for $10 each not too long ago. Check DeepDiscount to see their prices now that the big sale is going on... Always shop around though. I know for sure about the $10 deal at BB a few weeks back.

[quote name='Drahken']1-3 you might have to get from DD for about 15 each.[/quote]

That's about the same price Wal-Mart charges for them(I think it's $14.88 each or something like that).

But OP if you buy them in a store, check Episode 1's format. Unlike the rest of the movies, it doesn't mention it's screen format on the front. You'll have to look at the bottom of the back to see if it's widescreen or fool-screen.

I'd try Gamestop/EBGames if you don't mind used. They're usually there, and the B2G1F, B2G2F, etc. deals they normally have would make it the cheapest.

I've seen them at Walmart too on the midway racks, with the discounted DVDs... $13 something IIRC, and I've seen all 6 at different times there. I think the new crappy trilogy ones are cheaper though, and the originals are the ones with the re-re-release and the 70's version.

The "70s version" are non-anamorphic. Lucas really screwed a huge part of his fan base with that mistake. The cost to make them anamorphic would have been almost nothing.

DDD has Episode I, II, III for $12.62 after 20% off. Shipping is free if you use standard shipping! In the past these movies have been $10 or less on sale at stores but that has been awhile

bread's done
Back