Where can I get the Fatal Fury OVAs and Motion Picture for less than $40?

Yeesh- it wasn't THAT good...

Try secondhand DVD shops, if you have any around you. I recall seeing the movie turn up in Gamestops a lot, but it's been awhile.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/aViMbrQQjWmXeYgj4D/browse/item/8310/4/0/0[/quote]

No longer for sale.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']http://www.force-anime.com/index.as...roductid=475&gclid=CKu6tYWoiJMCFQlaQAodAkp7UQ[/quote]

Bootleg.

[quote name='SpeedBrkr']http://www.hotmoviesale.com/p41421/Fatal-Fury-motion-Picture-lbx-Hybrid-Dvd.html[/quote]

Possibly? It shows it's in stock.

It'll be tough because these are now out of print by the manufacturer. I'll keep my eyes open locally and if I find a good deal, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Whoa-oh! Oh Angel!
Come greet the dawn, it's a brand new day!
Whoa-oh! Oh Angel!
Let burn the passion that fires your soul!!

Each lonely night I get through without you becomes my victory
Each empty night I fight against the light that is my destiny
Yet, I know that having might don't mean you're right
I can't be both cruel and kind!
When nothing makes sense I look up at the clouds in the sky
They don't answer but I still ask why...

RAISIN TACO!

[quote name='hero101']maybe half.com or ebay or just rent it on netflix.[/QUOTE]

Nothing on ebay that isn't bootleg. Half is also horribly overpriced. And it's not even in netflix's database from what I can tell.

[quote name='thelonepig']

It'll be tough because these are now out of print by the manufacturer. I'll keep my eyes open locally and if I find a good deal, I'll be sure to pass it along.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks.

I remember watching them on VHS long ago. They weren't that bad. The thing that bothered me about the OVAs though is how they kinda shoehorned new characters in (The girl in the first and then the kid in the second). Then the Motion Picture was WTF all around, but still a good watch.

Thanks for doing research guys!

I just did a quick Google search earlier when I made my post and went a few pages deep; didn't have time to see if they were actually in stock or if the websites were reputable.

For the most part, I understand it is very hard to find in stock.

I personally liked the OVAs and The Motion Picture (saw it on VHS the first time around).

Damn, I think I'm starting to get tempted to buy it for that ridiculous price. What the hell kinda cheapass am I?

*Looks at DVD shelf*
Ah I didn't anyone know anyone besides me liked those. For some reason I loved the movie. It wasn't that great, but when I was younger it was just awesome. My first experience with snk characters.

I have a mint non-bootleg copy of THE MOTION PICTURE. I'd put it up on ebay for 30 bucks buyitnow if you are interested. I also have The Night Warriors darkstalkers revenge 1 and 2. It's crazy how the Anime market works. Before anime was depreciating in value like crazy because of all the bootlegs but because of the bootlegs many Anime companies like Pioneer and media blasters, bandai usa, etc. went out of business and now the original non-bootleg titles are skyrocketing in price. I just sold my tenchi Muyou ultimate dvd collection for 130 bucks which was on the low side as they are going for 200 bucks on ebay. It's all cause Pioneer will never release it again and the license is in limbo cause no american company will bid on it cause of all the fakes. ADV is the last company that will release anime now.

The Double Impact OVA set has been OOP for years. I think one of the contributing factors was that it was a joint effort between Viz and some other company. Pioneer/Geneon, I think. Once their deal ended, the thing went OOP.

The movie was a Viz only release, and I didn't even know it had gone OOP. It was in stock at Rightstuf a couple years ago, so I'd say it might not be too hard to find.

I found the OVAs in late 2001 when they were still in print, and I got the movie last year at Gamestop. I've seen both releases in Gamestop surprisingly often, but since they seem to be getting out of DVDs, that might have changed.

I, too, enjoyed the series. The sad thing is that these aren't particularly valuable, per se. Niche stores just find them and put them up at an exorbitant cost because there aren't any available. In reality, if you were to put this up on ebay, it wouldn't really go for near that amount. Birdy the Mighty is one that has a similar situation. Thankfully, CPM put both DVDs in a collectors pack with some other titles and I was able to pick up 4 or 5 new movies for less than half the cost of one of the used Birdy DVDs.

[quote name='SMMM']Damn, I think I'm starting to get tempted to buy it for that ridiculous price. What the hell kinda cheapass am I?[/QUOTE]

The kind that doesn't want to admit being defeated by a DVD set. ;)

[quote name='sparklecopy']I have a mint non-bootleg copy of THE MOTION PICTURE. I'd put it up on ebay for 30 bucks buyitnow if you are interested. I also have The Night Warriors darkstalkers revenge 1 and 2. It's crazy how the Anime market works. Before anime was depreciating in value like crazy because of all the bootlegs but because of the bootlegs many Anime companies like Pioneer and media blasters, bandai usa, etc. went out of business and now the original non-bootleg titles are skyrocketing in price. I just sold my tenchi Muyou ultimate dvd collection for 130 bucks which was on the low side as they are going for 200 bucks on ebay. It's all cause Pioneer will never release it again and the license is in limbo cause no american company will bid on it cause of all the fakes. ADV is the last company that will release anime now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the DVDs depreciated due to bootlegs- all older, undesired DVDs see a big price drop. It's when said titles go completely out-of-print that the handful people still want start to increase in price (you think Fatal Fury is bad? Check out what Sailor Moon boxsets go for.)

And there's many companies releasing anime other than ADV- Funimation, Bandai, and Media Blasters to name a few. Actually, of those, ADV seems to be the one most likely to go under next right now.

What the hell? I thought the OVAs and movies were great, I must have bad taste..

Anyway I've been recently trying to track down the DVDs as well, I've got them on VHS but I wanna upgrade. I haven't seen these at the GameStops I go to but I suppose I'll have a look at the other stores.

Holy crap, those dvds were so plentiful at one point you couldn't spit in a suncoast without hitting one , how times have changed

I'm guessing they were burned for the company bonfire or are all sitting on the shelf at some thriftshop in knowwheresville, USA.

No go here - I checked all of the shops that sell anime and all those that have used DVDs. Sorry OP.

Should've sold them to me. >_>

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm guessing they were burned for the company bonfire or are all sitting on the shelf at some thriftshop in knowwheresville, USA.

No go here - I checked all of the shops that sell anime and all those that have used DVDs. Sorry OP.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I really appreciate you checking. If anyone has them, I'm willing to buy them for $20 each.

I have the bootleg of double impact and its horrible. An old college buddy of mine has both, should have grifted them off him when he needed cash.

Unfortunetly, I really doubt you can get these for any reasonable price outside of perhaps a mom and pop shop where they have no idea what they are worth. Perhaps a flea market or pawnshop. If you dont mind vhs those are still floating around at somewhat more reasonable prices.

I feel your pain though. Those were among some of the earliest animes that i watched so they have a special place in my heart.

Oh and you can thank Toei for the insane prices on sailor moon dvds in the us. I have one of the adv box sets, those are amongst the most painfull to find, and the quality is awfull. Toei seems to simply not care about the american market and seemes to have given the finger to even good companys that tried to put out sailor moon. not to mention how fist of the north star never made it here. Of course now they will let you download eps of Fist directly for 2 bucks each. Mabey well see Sailor Moon take the same route.

I was just about going to bite it and buy Double Impact for the $40 I saw it for on Amazon....but now it's up to $58. What a cruel world...

man, i just put up the Motion picture up on ebay for 40 bucks buy it now and was going to post the link here for you guys but someone snatched it up quick. Didn't realize that it was that rare. Man, my mom always complained that I bought too many dvd's but I've sold so much of my old collection for a profit. being an early adopter had it's perks. I know I probably underpriced it but i bought it for 15 bucks and needed to get rid of it quick. I'll probably put up my darkstalkers nightwarriors dvd's (which are much better movies than FF IMHO) next week.

[quote name='Mendoza']Oh and you can thank Toei for the insane prices on sailor moon dvds in the us. I have one of the adv box sets, those are amongst the most painfull to find, and the quality is awfull. Toei seems to simply not care about the american market and seemes to have given the finger to even good companys that tried to put out sailor moon. not to mention how fist of the north star never made it here. Of course now they will let you download eps of Fist directly for 2 bucks each. Mabey well see Sailor Moon take the same route.[/quote]

Some of the FotNS series was released stateside.

As for the SM boxsets, I picked up both for my wife from Rightstuf a few years back when they were $24 each. I had no idea they'd skyrocket. :D

bread's done
Back