where could i cash a wester union money order

Mind_n_Soul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
i can't find any info of it online

i am a high school kid, without a credit card or personal account. can i still cash it?

i recieved it from a trade here

Just go to a bank like Washington Mutual or Bank of America. I know that they'll cash checks even if you don't have an account with them. I'm not sure about money orders, but I think you should try the bank first rather than pay a fee at those other places. Besides, you could just open a free checking account anyways.

[quote name='olanmills']Just go to a bank like Washington Mutual or Bank of America. I know that they'll cash checks even if you don't have an account with them. I'm not sure about money orders, but I think you should try the bank first rather than pay a fee at those other places. Besides, you could just open a free checking account anyways.[/quote]

Banks won't cash checks unless you have an account with them, even if the account the check is from is in that bank. You have to waity 7-10 days for the check to "clear", meaning they have to find out if there's adequare funds for to cover the balance of the check. The money they give you for the check comes out of your account, and is returned once the check clears.

bread's done
Back