Where could I get a GCN disc resurfaced - and is this scratch unfixable?

Azure Grimoire

CAG Veteran
I found what I thought was a good-looking Gamecube copy of Beyond Good and Evil for $6 at a local flea market - until I got it home and it constantly forced my Wii to reset whenever I tried to run it. I somehow didn't notice in the light of the store that there are two scratches that stem from the center of the disc - not just the data part of it. Here's a semi-crappy pic that shows one of 'em (my camera outright refuses to focus well on the disc):

e5rbxw.jpg

As for the rest of it, there's a small, hook-shaped scratch on part of it, which could also be a problem (an easily fixed problem, but still). If it matters, I've tried the boiling method with no luck.

So, I'm asking this: will resurfacing help with the scratches that are near the center of the disc, and if it will, where can I get it done (the only movie rental store to speak of around here is now just Family Video, who won't resurface GCN discs) for a decent price? Thanks for any advice!

[quote name='tah84ag']When you look down from the printed side, can you see through the scratch?[/QUOTE]

Just slightly. Assuming it is unfixable, then. So... anyone know someone who'd want a nice Beyond Good and Evil case + manual?

Truth be told, I felt like an ass trying to look over all of the discs I bought from the guy - he was selling quite a few for decent prices (Super Mario Galaxy for $20, Tales of Symphonia for $15, Yoshi's Island for $10, Warioware Inc for $6, etc., all with manuals/cases and in near-perfect condition) and the rest of 'em worked, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

looks like a crack to me, plus even if its not a crack that scratch looks deep as hell it would take way too many layers to be even either it would render it unreadable or brittle, but blockbuster, playntrade and any place that sells/rents used games and movies may have a machine

[quote name='UnrealZero']How did you not notice this when you bought the game?[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, it's not noticeable unless the light hits it at just the right angle, and I've never encountered discs like it before. I honestly didn't know that any scratch like that (i.e. not on the game data itself) would affect its playability - at least now I know better.

[quote name='wesdw369']looks like a crack to me, plus even if its not a crack that scratch looks deep as hell it would take way too many layers to be even either it would render it unreadable or brittle, but blockbuster, playntrade and any place that sells/rents used games and movies may have a machine[/QUOTE]

The only Blockbuster that was nearby any more just recently closed down, so that's out. Family Video, the only other rental store, won't do Gamecube discs (evidently their machine doesn't handle 'em well) and I doubt it'd work after everyone's advice, so I'm just going to have to eat the $6 loss - nothing life-shattering, huh?

bread's done
Back