Where did the console license go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBolts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've done the trick before where I'll put my gt on a friend's console so when I buy something it's tied to his console and my gt, but this time I did something different.

His internet was being slow so I grabbed his HDD and took it to my house to only download the XBLA *trial* and did the same on my HDD so when I take both back to his house, I can click "Buy" under my account on *his console* and it'll be instantaneous thinking the license will be on his console.

Go back, do that, says I got the full game but when I then put his HDD on the console, it won't let him play it. His marketplace still has it listed for a price. I went home thinking maybe the license is on my 360 but the other accounts on mine can't use it either...

Did the console license get lost or something? :whistle2:#

edit: Fixed, had to recover my account on my friend's HDD and redownload there. After dl-ing it, the trial became full.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I know that. Both consoles are always able to be online and I've done this before except this time it was a little different.
Just wondering if no one on my friend's console can use the content even though it was bought there nor mine, then what happened to the license for the console?

Even though you bought it at your friends, since the trial was downloaded on your console I'm guessing the license is tied to yours. It's pure speculation on my part, but it sounds like the only thing you've done different then before.

maybe you can go to your download history and redownload the game to "refresh" the license?

i wonder if it matters which hard drive you use on which 360. how weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back