Where did the CRT TVs Go?

Craigslist and it's a buyer's market for sure. Shame how heavy the fuckers are. Even my old 21" WEGA was a royal pain to move around everywhere until it finally shit the bed. If I could find another 21" that displayed HD (does this even exist!??!?!) I would gladly pick it up.

I remember my 27" Sony Wega being nearly impossible to get up stairs. When i bought my 32" LCD i brought up here in the box with one hand.:D

[quote name='JolietJake']I remember my 27" Sony Wega being nearly impossible to get up stairs. When i bought my 32" LCD i brought up here in the box with one hand.:D[/QUOTE]

I had a 27" sony trinitron . I needed two people to lift

If you get a LCD monitor instead of a TV, you're actually in good shape as far as lag is concerned. Monitors generally dont add any sort of video processing lag. Vdigi makes a good PS3 and Wii adapter, theres the retail one for 360, and some old aftermarket ones for older machines.

[quote name='JolietJake']I remember my 27" Sony Wega being nearly impossible to get up stairs. When i bought my 32" LCD i brought up here in the box with one hand.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was happy to give away my 27" Wega when I got my HDTV as well (50" Sony e2000 LCD RPTV) a couple of years ago. Pain in the butt since I move pretty often.

[quote name='Paco']CRTs in general, especially ones made by Sony seem to have the half life of a Gameboy which is approx 1000 years. And you're wasting that CRT playing rpgs. Give it to me. The lag for fighting games is killing me.[/QUOTE]

My Sony Wega died on me. It was the only tv I've ever had that happen. Although I do admit it was a really nice tv, and had a extremely good picture.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Love this thread. CRTs 4 life. I will be using mine until it craps out, but Sony Wegas seem to last a long ass time. It probably helps that I really only play RPGs. However, I was playing RE5 last night and it still looked great on my CRT; at least it wasn't so much worse than a HDTV that I'd pay hundreds of dollars for a nice new one.[/QUOTE]

I am still rockin my trinitron from 97 and have had no problems whatsoever. Although I can't wait till I get to rock my new hd lcd tv here in the very near future. I also say that I don't really see the difference in the tv's, but I will truly answer this question for myself, when I know I have bought the proper cables and have the tv set up properly, then I will know.

You can probably find one free on craiglist. I just got a 32" flatscreen HD CRT TV free on my local freecycler site. Everyone is going flatpanel.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I love my wega.[/QUOTE]

I would totally marry my wega if it was legal. I've been using it for six years, and it's a fucking amazing gaming TV. It's a large flat screen non-rear projection SDTV, and it kicks so much ass. It's great for light gun games, too. Guncon 2, Zapper, and Super Scope work perfectly on it. It's even got a 16:9 enhanced mode.

Sony Wega really big tube SDTV, I love you

Sounds like my TV. I have a Sony 32" Trinitron that used to be in the living room but when we got an LCD, I had it moved to what has become my makseshift gaming room. Getting into that room sucked, but now that it's there, I'm loving it. Plus, it comes with a set of wireless headphones. Don't even need surround sound when you got them. :D

Oh yeah, check out what I dug up! Pictures!

3355508152_5ae7b8d84e_o.jpg

3355507964_4d3d0b0678_o.jpg

I love my TV :)

we've got an hdtv, but i play a lot of rhythm and fighters that get lag like hell on it, so i bought a 20'' or so sdtv at goodwill for 20 bucks and they look beautiful.

I only notice lag on Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but the lag adjustments in the game take care of it for me.

But I'm a very casual player and generally just play on medium and hard and don't try for high scores etc.

You probably did the calibration then--it's very noticeable on most every HDTV if you don't do the calibration.

Once calibrated, I don't notice any lag. But people playing on expert etc. apparently do.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Shit, my 27" Sony WEGA was 90 fucking pounds.[/QUOTE]

We just got a 36" CRT from a friend, so we had to take the old 32" CRT upstairs to my sisters room. The 32" had to weigh 200lbs. I didn't think they made TVs any heavier until I lifted the 36" which had to be 50lbs more. :hot: The only thing I don't miss about CRT. If I weren't in a dorm, I totally would have take the 32" CRT for old SDTV shows and games. You can teach a new TV old tricks.

bread's done
Back