Where do I buy the catholic church mass wafers?

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I remember I used to love those things. I saw someone on a message board saying they were addicted to them lately, but I can't remember the board to ask them where they buy them. Anyone know where to buy them?

i think the churches have a few exclusive sources they get them from.

and yeah, to some religions those wafers are part of the sacraments. i'm not sure they sell to just anyone.

It's not the body of Christ when you buy them at the store. They are only sold pre-Transubstantiation.

Still, pretty weird hankering.

Yuck, the only reason I would enjoy eating them was because I knew that church would almost be over. The taste of cardboard got associated with freedom.

Anyhow, there are Christian supply shops out there. I used to have a friend that had holy water holders in his house, and his dad would go to the supply shop to buy official holy water to fill it with. I would assume they would sell eucharists too.

Google a bit, or check the yellowpages. I'm pretty sure we have a supply shop at or near the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA if you're ever down this way. I'd check first before you went though.

[quote name='evilmax17']Yuck, the only reason I would enjoy eating them was because I knew that church would almost be over. The taste of cardboard got associated with freedom.[/QUOTE]

Great point. And they're technically not the body of Christ until the priest blesses them, which is transubstantiation.

there's a Christian/Catholic store in the Western New York area that I'm pretty sure would stock them. See if there's anything like that in your area. Do a 411.com search and see if anythine comes up.

A friend worked at a hotel years ago, and brought a case of leftover wafers from some christian conference to the bar I worked at at the time.

They were portable eucharist/wine packets. The wine was in a small (1/4 oz?) pudding cup like thing, and on top of that seal was another seal which kept the communion in place. Useful for travel, according to the box they came in.

Not useful for drinking wine.

myke.

[quote name='beerguy961']I don't know, but I don't think the body of Christ was meant to be a snack....[/QUOTE]

I agree. Plus, do you like the taste of a pasty mouth?

OMG!! Me and my sister were talking about how we use to love those things when we went to church. I don't think it's because they taste good exactly. It's just that after waking up at 7:00 in the morning to be in time for 8:30am service and not eating breakfast, you get pretty hungry by the time 9am rolls around. I remember we use to try and savor the flavor and my mom would get so mad and just say "eat it quickly it's not a snack!"

Or if you are out of luck.. go to several chuch services that offer them every saturday/sunday. So for instance on sunday some church start at 10.. others start at 11... both offer them that day. If you really liked them that much you'll get your satisfaction every time. :p Now that's not abusing the system.

[quote name='evilmax17']Yuck, the only reason I would enjoy eating them was because I knew that church would almost be over. The taste of cardboard got associated with freedom.

Anyhow, there are Christian supply shops out there. I used to have a friend that had holy water holders in his house, and his dad would go to the supply shop to buy official holy water to fill it with. I would assume they would sell eucharists too.

Google a bit, or check the yellowpages. I'm pretty sure we have a supply shop at or near the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA if you're ever down this way. I'd check first before you went though.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know the name of the one in peabody?

Also, as to the taste, I seem to like tasteless things similar to those wafers. If anyone remembers those round colored wafer like cookies with the tiny sugar candies inside, I used to love those (except I didn't like the sugar things and tossed them).

unless blessed by an ordained minister, they dont qualify as the body of christ, just wafers, so munch away, and wash it down with some cheap red wine

[quote name='alonzomourning23']If anyone remembers those round colored wafer like cookies with the tiny sugar candies inside, I used to love those (except I didn't like the sugar things and tossed them).[/QUOTE]

We called them UFO's around here.

bread's done
Back