Where do the old demos from Gamestop go?

xorealix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey there fellow CAGers,
If any Gamestop employees could provide this information, I would be grateful. What happens to game demos that are set up in the store for customers to play (the limited versions i.e. Pokemon Trozoi) after they get new demos to stick in? Do you they send them back, or take them home, or throw them out? Or do they just stick them in storage?

I've been wondering about that for a while, but haven't had a chance to ask an employee. I'm interested in DS demos in particular. Thanks for any insight.

I don't work at a game store but I can tell you that its pretty much a mixture of everything you mentioned. It depends on the company and the demo.

A lot of the demos like that the Nintendo reps take, because they are the ones that usually switch them. The things like the kiosk discs for cuve are more prone to be left behind, because the employees usually change those

Dave

What about those demo discs that come out before the retail games do? I hardly see them in any game stores but see/hear about them all over ebay and some internet sites?

In the case of BLACK demo disc, how did one go about getting one?

[quote name='eau']In the case of BLACK demo disc, how did one go about getting one?[/QUOTE]
My local GameStop had a stack of them. They are supposed to give them out with preorders, but I'm pretty sure he would have given one to me if I had asked.

To all others, thanks for the responses. I never knew that Nintendo reps came out. I guess I assumed that the store was sent new demos to plug in themselves.

I really want a 360 kiosk demo disc, those are thrown out I think, but I heard they delete everything on a normal unit's hard drive, so I dunno.

Special limited demos like Nintendogs and whatnot are picked up by the reps, as stated earlier.. most other demos are just thrown out.

Either picked up my reps, resold, or thrown away. I always took the Nintendo ones home (GameCube Kiosk discs and GBA NFR's)

I used to steal the demos out of the R-Zone when I worked at Toys R Us. 9 times out of 10 they would just throw them away because they got a new one from a vendor.

bread's done
Back