Where Do You Go To Buy a Day One Game?

jkanownik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Where do you go to buy a game on day one (i.e. the Tuesday release date)? I don't really have a specific store I go to because I have had mixed results everywhere, but I was wondering where other people go.

Used to go to Circuit City for my girlfriends discount. Now, I'm not sure where. Maybe Fry's Electronics or Amazon for me now.

I go to B&M stores, depends on the preorder deals though. If I am buying it B&M, I want it ASAP, so I don't order online.

I buy very few games day 1. Hell I buy very few games period since I get most on Goozex.

But when I do it's usually either Best Buy (3 blocks away) or Target (1 mile away, will go there if I need to grab some other stuff). Sometimes I order on Amazon since I have an Amazon visa so I often have $25 GCs lying around.

Day-one purchases have become less common for me. When I do get new games, they're usually from Amazon. I have Prime membership and 2-day shipping is great. Worth the wait. My gamestop won't even sell me day-one release without preorder anyway.

Fred Meyers, used to be Gamestop or Gamecrazy, but they lost my business thanks to their stupid policies.

Only game I ever bought on release date was World of Warcraft. I was there at a Walmart at 12:00am with about 8 other dudes I never met before. But we all knew why the others were there.

Next game I'll buy on release day will be Mass Effect 2. Probably get it through Amazon, unless some store around here convinces me to buy it from them instead.

i have to go with Amazon b/c i can avoid sales tax, but if it is a must have then i'd probably go with Gamestop, since i know they will have it.

Gamestop. They hold everything for me even if I don't pre order it if I ask them. It helps to be friends with them.

[quote name='ninja dog']I didn't take a pledge of allegiance to a game retailer, I go where it's cheapest.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Kind of moot most of the time though as often Day one releases are the same everywhere. I guess some times there are freebies, but those are usually just knick knacks I don't want or making of the game features I'll never watch etc.

One exception for me is that I won't set foot in Gamestop or Gamecrazy regardless if the game is cheaper there. I'll either pay more or wait for a better deal somewhere else.

I usually go with Amazon since they usually have the best deal. Or I wait for a good deal and don't buy Day 1. The only thing I bought Day 1 at retail price in a long time was Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii. I went with Amazon because I was guaranteed a copy and I didn't have to wait in line/kill soccer moms to get them.

[quote name='Genocidal']Wherever I can get the best preorder bonus.[/quote]

This. If I'm buying Day 1, I might as well get something for it.

Whoever has the best deal. If the prices are all the same, then Gamestop since it's 2 blocks from work and the next closest possible store after is half a mile away (I walk/take mass transit).

I would have to go with Gamestop for the fact if I'm getting a game day one I most likely will be buying it with store credit.

[quote name='cdeener']I would have to go with Gamestop for the fact if I'm getting a game day one I most likely will be buying it with store credit.[/quote]

Not only are we dressed alike, we think alike too. I think I've only bought 4 "Day 1" games. 3 (AC, ME, GTA4) were at Gamestop. Not because of any allegience, but rather cheap credit.

The other, Fable II, was @ BBV. Again, this was where I had the cheapest credit at the time.

Anywhere that isn't Gamestop. This tends to be Amazon most often, but I rarely find myself buying anything on day one anymore anyway. I'm cheapass enough that I'd rather wait for price drops in most cases.

bread's done
Back