Where Is _____ Hip-Hop Thread

Ice Cube's that dood man.

like I can give a fuck how many Are We There Yets he makes, he's still that dood.

his song off Laugh Now Cry Later was incredible:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbjcFsZkITs[/media]

that shyt's true talk man! cant fuck with that, none of these fake artists these days can

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Yeah, Hard Knock Life is hot. Anyway, here's the new single in shitty quality:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.3124/title.jay-z-blue-magic#post-form

You can already tell it's better than show me what you got.[/quote]

Hard Knock Life ain't got shit on Reasonable Doubt

41EFH96D7KL._AA240_.jpg

Reasonable Doubt is not only Jay-Z's best album but one of the finest albums in hip-hop's history... period! He was pretty good during the Blueprint but that felt a bit too commercial for my tastes.... however compared to the mainstream shit out now I miss 2001 mainstream hip-hop! Well not really... but there were some nice artists that also sold a lot back then.

And Jekki, you'll go listen to 'Laugh Now, Cry Later' a'ight? More than 17 years after his debut and he's still in the fucking game... his next album, 'Last Roll of the Dice' which is due out by 2008, will be his last...

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Yeah Reasonable Doubt is fire also. You won't hear me say anything bad about any of Jay's records. He's one of my favorites.[/quote]
My top 3 from him are:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. The Bluerprint
3. the Black Album

In addition to American Gangster, Roc La Familia Pt.2 is apparently supposed to be released this year as well. I still want to check out Part 1, which was originally released in 2000.

Also, remember Memphis Bleek?

200px-Memphis_Bleek_The_Understanding.jpg

Dude is no Jigga... but on 'Can I Live (remix)' on the re-released edition of Reasonable Doubt he kicked ass... if you only have the original version of that album then I suggest you find that track off the 'net somewhere because it's fire.

[quote name='Rozz']My top 3 from him are:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. The Bluerprint
3. the Black Album

In addition to American Gangster, Roc La Familia Pt.2 is apparently supposed to be released this year as well. I still want to check out Part 1, which was originally released in 2000.

Also, remember Memphis Bleek?

200px-Memphis_Bleek_The_Understanding.jpg

Dude is no Jigga... but on 'Can I Live (remix)' on the re-released edition of Reasonable Doubt he kicked ass... if you only have the original version of that album then I suggest you find that track off the 'net somewhere because it's fire.[/quote]
Yes sir is verse was FIRE on can i live too bad Bleek sucks now. I loved Kingdom come. Not my favorite but i am feeling the grown man vibe on it.
Reasonable doubt is a fuckING classic.
Also i loved the laugh now cry later album by ice cube cant wait to hear the new one.

Been bumpin' Common's Album Ressurection for two days straight. This is some classic shit. Beats never get old cuz that's straight up hip hop right there :cool:

200px-Smifnwessunthealbum.jpg

i've been waiting for this for a hot minute. first single, stomp, is fire.

boot camp is having a hell of a year with: jesus price supastar, casualties of war, master p and hotstyle takeover mixtapes, this, and the upcoming buckshot and 9th's the formula, rock's monstah music, heltah skeltah's d.i.r.t., and sean p's mic tyson and his album with guilty simpson and black milk.

i need some kind of o.g.c. fix though, or at least a starang solo album or something.

So after listening to Ultimate Victory (full album on Youtube), I caved tonight and picked it up. Initially, I'm pretty impressed with my first listen through.

I was a fan of Cham's stuff from The Sound of Revenge and some of his mixtapes. He sticks with the heavy South beats through most of the album but switches it up on you to keep it fresh. Overall, his approach seems more creative.

Plus, after listening to Graduation this week it was refreshing to listen to a rapper that has something to say. He gets his point across without dragging down the album as a whole. Not a classic, but good stuff.

Oh yeah, love the av woohoo.

Thanks for shout, primetime, even if you are a Steelers fan, haha.

Just got back from seeing Luckyiam, Greyskul, Mac Lethal and Atmosphere.
-Lucky was pretty good, but the sound was a lil' off so his rhyming was somewhat unintelligible.
-Greyskul was really good and surprised the hell out of me. Probably picking up their new album soon.
-Mac Lethal was okay at first, but became very annoying and just boring. He's like a bad Sage Francis.
-Atmosphere was pretty good, but I don't think they fit in with the other acts. Their stuff is pretty laid back while Greyskul and Mac Lethal had the crowd much more into it. The live band added a nice element to the music and made a lot of the songs sound different.
-Overall, I thought it was a pretty good show except...Tthe crowd...holy shit did those people suck. I have never been part of a more ridiculous and overall shitty group.

I couldn't get in to the new Chamillionaire. I've never been a fan and the new record isn't doing anything to change my opinion of him. Just don't like his voice. I'm enjoying that Army Of The Pharaohs though, so thanks to whoever recommended that.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Been bumpin' Common's Album Ressurection for two days straight. This is some classic shit. Beats never get old cuz that's straight up hip hop right there :cool:[/QUOTE]Ressurection is seriously one of those records that is a unanimous classic and yet I just dont like it!

I mean I listen to it and it's boring, I just cannot get into it.

another record I can say the same about is Only Built for Cuban Linx.

how the hell can there be ppl out there who think that shyt's better than Liquid Swords?!?!

Liquid Swords is prolly my favorite record ever, Cuban Linx aint got shyt on it!

[quote name='st0neface']
200px-Smifnwessunthealbum.jpg

i've been waiting for this for a hot minute. first single, stomp, is fire.

boot camp is having a hell of a year with: jesus price supastar, casualties of war, master p and hotstyle takeover mixtapes, this, and the upcoming buckshot and 9th's the formula, rock's monstah music, heltah skeltah's d.i.r.t., and sean p's mic tyson and his album with guilty simpson and black milk.

i need some kind of o.g.c. fix though, or at least a starang solo album or something.[/QUOTE]Casualties of War was aiite... definitely just a bunch of scraps they decided to put out jus becoz they could.

plus too much Buck, Tek, and Steele on that record. I mean... I love those doods, everytime they come out with an album that shyt's hot, but when I hear a Boot Camp record I wanna hear BOOT CAMP, not a 14 track cd with an 8 bar verse from Starang.

that new Smif n Wessun is gonna be fire, but the only shyt Boot Camp fans want these days is sum muhfuggin STARANG!

got damn make another OGC album, Mpire Shrikez Back >>>>> Magnum Force, BDI Thug, & Rude Awakening.

o yeay, and as a somewhat related artist to Memphis Bleek:

51ETNVHYV5L._AA240_.jpg

This is my album of the day. I listened to it a few times when it came out and never listened to it again so I aint got much to say about it. What I remember tho was that it was really good, and I should definitely listen to it again.

see? that's why I cant fuck with like all these hella giga mp3 players and stuff. Listen to an album once, go on to the next. I gotta go get me another 512mb one

EDIT:

[quote name='Rozz']And Jekki, you'll go listen to 'Laugh Now, Cry Later' a'ight? More than 17 years after his debut and he's still in the fucking game... his next album, 'Last Roll of the Dice' which is due out by 2008, will be his last...[/QUOTE]lol, I already listened to it dood, it was dope.

it's still chillin in my car too, but lately I aint had anything new to listen to since I havent bought anything since Kweli and my dvd burner wont burn cdr anymore... I should pop in Cube again tomorrow!!

[quote name='Rozz']My top 3 from him are:
1. Reasonable Doubt
2. The Bluerprint
3. the Black Album
[/QUOTE]

I will second that!

Some pictures (they're thumbs, by the way) of Common that I forgot to UL. He put on a great show, even though it was a bit heavy on Finding Forever. 3rd best show of ACL.

There were also some gals smoking some weed and making out in front of me in the crowd. It would have been pretty hot, had they not looked like they were in middle school and had they not had braces. :lol:

[quote name='Liquid 2']

Some pictures (they're thumbs, by the way) of Common that I forgot to UL. He put on a great show, even though it was a bit heavy on Finding Forever. 3rd best show of ACL.

There were also some gals smoking some weed and making out in front of me in the crowd. It would have been pretty hot, had they not looked like they were in middle school and had they not had braces. :lol:[/quote]
Good looking on the pictures. I wish I could go some shows this year but the move made that almost impossible.

mfgrimmhuntforthegingerzj5.jpg

MF Grimm - The Hunt For The Gingerbread Man comes out SEPT. 25th! I almost missed this one, I will getting this and Halo 3 on the same day damn my pockets will be empty.

I finally got around to listening to this:

51191NJSZ9L._AA240_.jpg

The Pharcyde: Bizarre Ride II... It's a dope, light-hearted hip-hop album that should be in all of your collections by now... It's the type of album that puts you in a good mood, and it's real, as in, you "feel" it. :D

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet but MF DOOM was hospitalized recently for "asthma-related problems."

*nervous/scared*

I love that pot-bellied, masked, monotone motherfucker.

I'm really hoping that this is part of a huge publicity stunt, but we'll all have to wait and see.

I've heard the rumors but havent seen any credible sources on MF Doom's recent health.

supposedly dood smokes too much, that shyt gets to you. Especially compunded with his work stress. But rite now it's all speculation, nothing confirmed.
[quote name='Rozz']I finally got around to listening to this:

51191NJSZ9L._AA240_.jpg

The Pharcyde: Bizarre Ride II... It's a dope, light-hearted hip-hop album that should be in all of your collections by now... It's the type of album that puts you in a good mood, and it's real, as in, you "feel" it. :D[/QUOTE]that album is incredible, but as a younger cat I gotta say...

41GXS18TDPL._AA240_.jpg

one of my top 5 records of all time.

it's different than bizarre ride II, hence why the former record is often preferred over this one... but that difference makes me choose the 2nd album over #1. This one's much more melodic a smooth over playful and energetic. Still... I can listen to both albums all day.

[quote name='headpiece747']
mfgrimmhuntforthegingerzj5.jpg

MF Grimm - The Hunt For The Gingerbread Man comes out SEPT. 25th! I almost missed this one, I will getting this and Halo 3 on the same day damn my pockets will be empty.[/QUOTE]I never listened to Grimm before except for Downfall of Iblyss which I only listened to ONCE. I have disc 1 of American Hunger from emusic but never finished the other two... I think I needa relisten to Iblyss and get this too.

but that aint the only thing comin out today. I jus came back from the store to buy that new Special Teamz shyt (Edo G and friends, released on Duckdown with a SPECTACULAR production lineup aka Primo on a track).

Unfortunately they didnt have it and I got this instead:

61nI-BiedRL._AA240_.jpg

and then the sales clerk at the register started talking to me about hip-hop, he apoligized that he doesnt like Vinnie Paz but he said he liked Chief Kamachi, and we talked a bit about Rock the Bells :lol:

new Lupe Fiasco song for all yall, featuring... VERBAL of all ppl!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/38085967b20207/

Verbal rappin about lovey dovey shyt same as lately... fuck dat! rap about spaceships and shyt again. Still if this goes pop it'll be a trip hearing Verbal in US media!!

here a really quick album of the day... been on my mind for a bit:

41PBC0KE7VL._AA240_.jpg

more hot underground shyt! this album was sum raw as hell backpack music rite here, and it was dope! video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1-qu24oD0[/media]

they released a sophomore album, Date of Birth, and it was real good too but not as good as As the World Burns. In that album they went from 5 members to 3... the black doods left.

I donno what happened to them after that... their leader Q-Unique released a solo on Uncle Howie records (Non-Phixion & Necro et al) which was a lot more personal and reflective than Arsonists style who rap mostly for fun. It was a pretty good record too... but I ended up selling it lol

So apparently DOOM is fine and has just been working more in the studio.

*prays for another Madvillain as well as the Ghostface collaboration*

[quote name='JEKKI']new Lupe Fiasco song for all yall, featuring... VERBAL of all ppl!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/38085967b20207/

Verbal rappin about lovey dovey shyt same as lately... fuck dat! rap about spaceships and shyt again. Still if this goes pop it'll be a trip hearing Verbal in US media!!

here a really quick album of the day... been on my mind for a bit:

41PBC0KE7VL._AA240_.jpg

more hot underground shyt! this album was sum raw as hell backpack music rite here, and it was dope! video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1-qu24oD0

they released a sophomore album, Date of Birth, and it was real good too but not as good as As the World Burns. In that album they went from 5 members to 3... the black doods left.

I donno what happened to them after that... their leader Q-Unique released a solo on Uncle Howie records (Non-Phixion & Necro et al) which was a lot more personal and reflective than Arsonists style who rap mostly for fun. It was a pretty good record too... but I ended up selling it lol[/quote]
I was just listening to Halloween off that album yesterday I think or the day before. Great album and yeah Freestyle also released a solo album but I never picked it up.
Jekki check this out: http://members.aol.com/settnfires/bottomtop.html
the original Arsonists site on AOL I remember this back in '98 and it is still up. That's horrible.

geez I remember that site!! that's how I make websites lol! I am surprised it's still up, I remember in sum AOL chat room Freestyle was talkin about how he made that website himself and he was all proud of it too!

this website for the cool orange county azn hangout place useta look like that too, unfortunately they made it look more hi-tech now...
http://www.irvinegenki.com/

back to hip-hop... if u guys didnt hear the breaking news... Detox got pushed back again.
http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/09/23/18636581.aspx

it's time to put your money up... which record comes out first? Detox or 11th Hour?? coz neither one's gonna be here 2007!

and whatever happened to that sarang01 guy? I dedicate this one to him:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLAPXXNQ46I[/media]

[quote name='JEKKI']
it's time to put your money up... which record comes out first? Detox or 11th Hour?? coz neither one's gonna be here 2007!
[/quote]

I'm gonna say 11th Hour is going to come out first.

new The ARE freebies on www.rappersiknow.com

[quote name='senorwoohoo']So apparently DOOM is fine and has just been working more in the studio.

*prays for another Madvillain as well as the Ghostface collaboration*[/QUOTE]

Stones Throw Records responds to MF Doom rumors on their website:

Every day for the past month we've been hit up by people wanting explanations, statements, clarifications, and declarations about MF DOOM. Is he lip synching? (No. Listen to the videos on Youtube.) Is he an impostor? (No, but he did lose some pounds.) Is he in the hospital? (No, he's in his studio ... or if not there, you can find him in the pub with the grub stain.)

Reached earlier this morning at his home in Georgia, an alive and well MF DOOM issued this statement:
"What up? I'm dead."

classic doom.

it doesnt explain why he's skippin shows n stuff tho...

anyway sum vids for the recent releases I've been listening to.

Army of the Pharaohs:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vDG2mCCuk[/media]

Strong Arm Steady:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uBVeE1QZoA[/media]

and the old shyt I've been bumping:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDkWO3n9WQ[/media]

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I couldn't get in to the new Chamillionaire. I've never been a fan and the new record isn't doing anything to change my opinion of him. Just don't like his voice. I'm enjoying that Army Of The Pharaohs though, so thanks to whoever recommended that.[/quote]

I don't know what it is about the dude, but I don't like him either. I did like Slick Rick's verse on "Hip-Hop Police" though.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'm listening to O.C.'s debut and damn, lots of stuff on here that gets sampled/used by newer artists.[/quote]

now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Great album

[quote name='fart_bubble']now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Great album[/QUOTE]

I wanted to ask you, are all Moka Only's albums good? Like I wrote before, I really like Lime Green, but I don't want to waste my ratio for nothing.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I wanted to ask you, are all Moka Only's albums good? Like I wrote before, I really like Lime Green, but I don't want to waste my ratio for nothing.[/quote]

yeah and the projects he's done on the side are really good as well. Also grab his song Red Dragon off of the Battle Axe Warriors II which is one of the best pump you up type of songs of all-time IMHO

though to be fair, I'm probably the wrong person to ask (HUGE fan)

[quote name='fart_bubble']yeah and the projects he's done on the side are really good as well. Also grab his song Red Dragon off of the Battle Axe Warriors II which is one of the best pump you up type of songs of all-time IMHO

though to be fair, I'm probably the wrong person to ask (HUGE fan)[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought you might say that. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still dig his stuff at least a lil' bit.

[quote name='fart_bubble']now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Great album[/QUOTE]whaaaaat u serious?!?!

I thought I posted his picture with Slick Rick a few page back??

Word... Life is a great album, but I prefer Jewelz (his 2nd album)

also if u can get his japanese release, Starchild, that record is INCREDIBLE!

and yeah, RED DRAGON! that song was my shyt back in the days of downloading from Kazaa Lite

[quote name='JEKKI']whaaaaat u serious?!?!

I thought I posted his picture with Slick Rick a few page back??

Word... Life is a great album, but I prefer Jewelz (his 2nd album)

also if u can get his japanese release, Starchild, that record is INCREDIBLE!

and yeah, RED DRAGON! that song was my shyt back in the days of downloading from Kazaa Lite[/quote]

I've been having trouble getting pics to show up on this board for awhile now so I probably missed it.

Never got around to checking out Starchild but Jewelz was a good album from what I can remember (its been awhile since I've listened to either of those two)

woohoo, for Moka Only:

start off with Road Life and Lowdown Suite and then I would go with Apenuts, Flood, Everyday Details and then Is...Ron Contour, Mokafluenza, Mr. Behavour and then I would get into his new albums: both versions of Desired Effect (there are a few songs that are on both but they are a different beast), Station Agent and Vermillion. And thats not even including the side projects which I would have to say Nowfolk and Dominant Mammals are the better of those

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've been having trouble getting pics to show up on this board for awhile now so I probably missed it.

Never got around to checking out Starchild but Jewelz was a good album from what I can remember (its been awhile since I've listened to either of those two)

woohoo, for Moka Only:

start off with Road Life and Lowdown Suite and then I would go with Apenuts, Flood, Everyday Details and then Is...Ron Contour, Mokafluenza, Mr. Behavour and then I would get into his new albums: both versions of Desired Effect (there are a few songs that are on both but they are a different beast), Station Agent and Vermillion. And thats not even including the side projects which I would have to say Nowfolk and Dominant Mammals are the better of those[/QUOTE]

Dayumn, that's a shitload of stuff. Thanks!

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Dayumn, that's a shitload of stuff. Thanks![/quote]

shit, thats maybe a third of his album output outside of a few odd tracks and the side projects

It's been a while since I visited this thread... I have a confession to make. Outside of Panacea and Aesop Rock, I haven't been listening to any new hip-hop since the last time I posted in here. I don't even have anymore hip-hop concerts lined up for the rest of the year!

So what've I been doing? Listening to folk-rock. ...Yeah.

Though I am hyped to see that CunninLynguists are putting out something new!

Listening to Supervision- Baby

I found this song off the movie Thirteen, I can't find anything by them besides this song, anybody heard of em?

more j-rap, Gagle - Big Bang Theory

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn57_owcUKg[/media]

music video is pretty dope.

this music video i dope too, but these doods are more (korean) pop-rap

Epik High - Fly

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKn18VbnPPc[/media]

more Epik High - Love Love Love

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RTl3HXK_NI[/media]

I'm too lazy (or too busy?) these days... I wanna buy new shoes and cds... but I'm jus chillin at home chilling and doing other things...

sux coz I still need that Special Teamz shit! no emusic, I want the actual CD!!

1cf3619009a0e8fb6f745110.L.jpg

Finally got my records from HipHopSite.com and I didn't get my King Honey damn it but got a hard copy of SOB - Razor Tag, Mick Boogie with Nas/Jay-Z and some Scion Music Sampler for free. They also got their digital store running now.

There's another black album remix on oink. This one has beats from the metal fingers albums. It's hot.

This is how alot of people feel about hip-hop and music in general.
Artist: Lupe Fiasco
Song: Dumb It Down
Album: The Cool
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Et1siZhTk[/MEDIA]

bread's done
Back