Where the shaq-fu is my medicine!

cgpwns

CAGiversary!
I'm supposed to take Fosamax once a week to keep my tumor from recurring, but I can't afford to buy those damn things every four weeks so I signed up with the Merck Assistance program. Well today is my Fosamax day and I still haven't gotten my medicine. There is no way to contact the drug company concerning this issue since it is all done by robots. All I could find out was that it was shipped on September 29th via US mail tracking number 75810090926. Well the local post office says thats not a tracking number even though the robot says it is, and I've tried the different shipping companies websites and they all give me error messages. Naturally my doctor is on vacation and the nurse is of no help. I can't afford to buy the medication so what the fuck do I do now! If I don't have this medicine my tumor will most definitely come back.

Do you guys know of anyone that ships out with an 11 digit tracking number like that one?

Your physician may be able to give you some samples to tide you over until your order comes in.

Sorry, I didn't see that your doctor was on vacation. Well, his office may have some samples stashed away...

Does your doctor have another doctor working with him? Or another doctor he can refer you to? Your best bet is to hope they have some samples. Try calling Merck again. Maybe they can overnight you some pills if there is a shipping problem. I entered your tracking number on the USPS website, and it says you can't track that package through their website. Possibly go to your local post office and try to check that, if you haven't done so already.

Hopefully you get your medicines. Best wishes.

Well the doctors office is actually upstate, several hours away. I managed to talk to a human being at Merck and they got delivery confirmation at my address with the wrong zip code?! That makes no sense considering I got my letter of acceptance and first month supply from them with no problem. Anyways they are sending me out a pack and it won't be here for at least 7 business days so I'm going to try and see if the doctor's office can ask one of the local offices to give me a sample for this week. If not, I guess I'll just hope for the best.

There should always be a covering doctor so try your doctors office again and insist that you speak to the covering physician to just prescribe you enough to tie you over until your regular doctor comes back and can sort the whole thing out.

Yes a covering Dr or emergency number..

If you get treated like this now think about your future... Move to a more responsive doctor asap once this is settled.

[quote name='cgpwns']Anyways they are sending me out a pack and it won't be here for at least 7 business days so I'm going to try and see if the doctor's office can ask one of the local offices to give me a sample for this week. If not, I guess I'll just hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Bummer.. what's the latest on this?

bread's done
Back