Where to buy glasses online?

Malice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Making this because I didn't want to hijack the contact lenses thread.

What's a good website to buy glasses at? I just got done my eye exam and have my prescription, but there's no way I'm spending the amount of money they wanted for frames at my local Pearle Vision.

Can you even buy glasses online like contacts? If so, where? Any and all help is appreciated.

I've bought 4 pairs of glasses for me and my girlfriend from Zenni Optical and all of them were great. I think it was about $50 total for all four pairs (girlfriend picked a $20 pair). Just make sure you make the measurements properly, your prescription is up to date, and also compare the width of your current frames with the ones you're interested in so they aren't too small or too large for your head. Takes a couple weeks but the money saved made it worth it.

Warby Parker

All glasses are $95 (plus $30 for high index lenses) and free shipping. In addition to virtual try-on, you can have them send you frames for a home try-on (5 at a time, up to 5 days), with free shipping both ways. And for every pair you buy, they donate a pair to a person in need.

My prescription fulfillment was clean and professional, and I received my glasses in less than a week after ordering.

+1 for Zenni Optical... like the previous person mentioned measure you're current glasses to compare for size. Also order an extra pair in case you break one pair. (that way you dont have to wait 2 weeks to get the replacement for said pair)

Related question: The last time I got glasses, they measured and wrote down my PD as 53.5. If I'm ordering online where they only allow whole numbers to be entered for PD, would I use 53 or 54?

[quote name='Miranda']Related question: The last time I got glasses, they measured and wrote down my PD as 53.5. If I'm ordering online where they only allow whole numbers to be entered for PD, would I use 53 or 54?[/QUOTE]

It's in mm, so it wont be much of a difference. I'd go with 54 though.

Eyebuydirect is having a BoGo sale till June 6th. Ive bought from them twice and they are actually really close to me. I'm planning to order some more within a few days, it takes about 10 days from when you order your glasses to receive them but then again, I live on 30 miles away from their HQ.

I havent bought from Zenni before but I hear good things about them.

I bought from Eyebuydirect and the pair I had eventually had a problem where the lens sticks out and won't stay in place (still works). But they're fast and keep you up to date with a status update. I'm gonna try their B1G1 free deal. Zenni Optical has a nice pair that I'm looking at. Warby Parker has higher end glasses that are very stylish which I will also try as well.

If you keep an eye out, coastalcontacts is a really great place, I picked up an $80 pair for free when they were doing their giveaway. Check them out on FB now and then to see if they throw any codes up. I had a great experience with them, the prices are in an awesome price range if you do pay. Also with my free pair, I received a case, a cover, a mini screwdriver kit that can go on your key rings and I also got a cleaning cloth as well.

bread's done
Back