Where to buy plastic dvd display cases?

phear3d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
i've been trying to find some for awhile now. i've looked at sports collector places and they dont seem to have one that fits just a dvd or cd.. any help would be appreciated.

not dvd cases sorry.. but the ones you see from stores like bestbuy.. although theirs require an expensive detacher.

You want what are called DVD security cases or security DVD cases. They're not cheap and not easy to get, you'll need to find a specialty supplier and most likely buy them in bulk. I'd check online for more info.

Try this website, though the key dock to lock/unlock the cases is about $75 BEFORE shipping.

Link: http://www.demco.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAW...NG+FUNCPARMS+ZZWGOTOPG(A0800):blk9957&C5BXXXX

I actually found another website with the locking/unlocking thing running $54 or so. If I remember where the hell the link is for it, I'll direct you there.

Here's a link to the same site with the same kind of cases/system like Blockbuster uses with the magnetic key for the cases:

http://www.demco.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAW...G+FUNCPARMS+ZZWGOTOPG(A0800):BLK11004&STA0000

[quote name='YodaEXE']Just out of curiosity, why do you want cases like that OP?[/quote]i want to put them in storage. so instead of using cello bags like the ones FYE uses for their used dvds, these actually are much better for protection purposes. the only cons i find with them is that they require a key which isnt cheap. i want the ones that doesnt require one if there is.

i found a guy on ebay that sells thousands of them.. he used to run a store in canada. but when i asked him if they can be altered he said they are security cases, they cant be.. i dunno if he was tryin to get me to buy a key from him or not with his answer. he says he does have the keys.

i did however found these

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/detail.asp?cat=465&subcat=246&product_id=sdvdbx

they are snapper cases, like the ones you store NES or N64 or SNES games.. they are not as strong but could be good enough.. i ordered 25 of them.

i just got them. here are some pics :)

[img-l=4661]4332[/img-l]

[img-l=4661]4333[/img-l]

[img-l=4661]4334[/img-l]

[img-l=4661]4335[/img-l]

they are good and pretty much get what you pay for. have you ever seen one of those perfume or cologne plastic boxes? they are pretty much the same quality. theyre good for what their purpose are for now (until i figure out a much better way to store them individually). if some of you are thinking of buying them, i think they are worth it if you really are a die hard collector. maybe test a few of them before buying in bulk.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the fit for standard DVD sized games? Is it snug or kinda loose?

Also, do you have any steelbook cased games (like FFXII Collectors Edition or RE4 Platinum Edition) that you could test it with?

[quote name='Vinny']How is the fit for standard DVD sized games? Is it snug or kinda loose?

Also, do you have any steelbook cased games (like FFXII Collectors Edition or RE4 Platinum Edition) that you could test it with?[/quote]hold on, ill take more pics..the fit is good, its just the right size for the whole body. and no extra weight unlike the dvd security cases

Last edited by a moderator:
[img-l=4661]4337[/img-l] very little room from side to side. i think they did it that way so you can easily get the dvd out.

[IMG-L=4661]4336[/IMG-L]

[img-l=4661]4338[/img-l] the top and bottom has no room at all, which is good.

[quote name='phear3d'][img-l=4661]4337[/img-l] very little room from side to side. i think they did it that way so you can easily get the dvd out.

[IMG-L=4661]4336[/IMG-L]

[img-l=4661]4338[/img-l] the top and bottom has no room at all, which is good.[/QUOTE]

Damn, those are good fits. I'll have to get some.

bread's done
Back