Where to find cheap 360 (fat) wires/controllers/HD?

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
Hey guys, I just bought a lot of 4 untested 360 fat systems for $5 each. Turns out 2 of them worked perfectly and the other 2 had broken disc drives.

If I were to look to make these systems complete with all wires and a controller (possibly also a hard drive), what would be the best way to go about this? All of the systems have HDMI so I could grab the cords on monoprice, but as for a power cord or controller, I haven't been able to spot either on the cheap anywhere. You could get both at gamestop for like 60 total, but at that point I'd be able to just buy an entire console with everything. The local craigslist scene isn't great either. Possibly ebay?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Post a CL ad, explaining what you're looking for, see what comes up in response.

Garage sales / flea markets would be other options as well.

Make sure that the power supplies that you buy will work with your consoles. There were three different power supplies in the fat 360 days, 205-watt, 175-watt and 150-watt. The Xenon/Zephyr used the 205w, the Opus/Falcon used the 175w, and the Jasper used the 150w. (The lower the wattage, the newer the chipset.)

The power supplies are forward-compatible, meaning that the 205-watt power supply (circa 2005) will plug into any fat 360. The 175-watt power supply (circa 2007) will plug into the Opus/Falcon and the Jasper, but not into the Xenon/Zephyr. The 150-watt power supply (circa 2008) will only plug into the Jasper.

Here's an image that shows both the motherboard jack and the power supply plug so you can determine which version(s) of the 360 you have and what wattage of power supply will work with them:

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/images/360psu.jpg

PM me if you have any questions.

bread's done
Back