Where to find old cables (besides teh ebay)

punkmaggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
240 (100%)
First off: spelling error on purpose (sarcasm!) and apologies if there is a similar thread. I searched the forums and found nothing.

Just picked up a Madcatz portable screen for the Gamecube but it's missing the 12V power cable and AV cable as well. Tried ebay and nothing. Even emailed madcatz, who said that they don't have any as it hasn't been produced for some time now. Any suggestions?

Yeah, like I said in the craigslist finds topic, try radio shack, fry's, or an electronics supply store if you have one.

Like a regular plug into TV for the gamecube (Yellow/Red/White plugs)? Gamestop sells one for 12.99 with attatchments for Xbox/PS2 built onto it, but I think you can get it a lot cheaper on Amazon (usually it's 0.01 for price, but 8.00 shipping)

Along the same lines.... is there any alternative to getting component cables for the gamecube other than the $75 ebay wants for them?

[quote name='punkmaggit']Naw, the AV all goes into one singular plug, similar to that of a headphone jack. 0_o

... it might be a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a camcorder type cord .

One with 3 rings [right/left/video/ground] around it on the plug itself . Headphones have 2 rings around them .

31K0WX07YML._SS500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy sells both of those. The power cable will be found in the Home Theater department. Its a universal adapter. They also sell the A/V cables most of the time they have them around the portable DVD players. If all the searching fails just ask someone who works there (especially in Home Theater since thats where they both should be).

Aren't these the same type that the PS1 LCD screens used? I remember reading a thread about it when K-mart was clearing them out.

[quote name='Richlough']Sounds like a camcorder type cord .

One with 3 rings [right/left/video/ground] around it on the plug itself . Headphones have 2 rings around them .

31K0WX07YML._SS500_.jpg
[/quote]

We have a winner!! It's exactly like that, except the input needs to be for the Gamecube. I might be able to find some sort of adapter for the 3 plugs. Thanks!

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Ya, these were the cords I was talking about. They sell for 12.99 at Gamestop.[/quote]

What? Where? I just checked the site and found nothing.

*edit* I need the plastic-y input to the gamecube and the 3-ringed output, not the YWR plugs. I found something like this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Mini-Pl...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1218731886&sr=1-52, which would work, but that only covers audio. I'll keep looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='briansraregames']I think you need:

1x gamecube av cable

1x Female to female AV coupler (should be available at radioshack/cc/best buy)

And one of the cables mentioned above.[/quote]

Thanks. I believe I'm heading to Radioshack after work *shudder*

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Wii AV cables should work for the gamecube right?[/quote]
Nope. a SNES or N64 cable will work tho

A big "thank you" to everyone here. I picked up that F to F converter on ebay for about 3 bucks, and that "camcorder A/V cable" for another 4. I should be able to find a 12 V DC converter at Radioshack after work so my search will be over!! Portable Gamecube goodness here I come!

[quote name='punkmaggit']A big "thank you" to everyone here. I picked up that F to F converter on ebay for about 3 bucks, and that "camcorder A/V cable" for another 4. I should be able to find a 12 V DC converter at Radioshack after work so my search will be over!! Portable Gamecube goodness here I come![/QUOTE]

I'm glad I could help .

If your looking for cheap adapters and have a St. Vincents or another thrift store near you, you could probably find a matching adapter for a couple bucks at the most. St. Vincents sells adapter cords usually for pennies like 50 cents. Its really a universal adapter just make sure that the polarity and voltage and everything else matches and you should be fine. You can usually find that information on the product itself.

[quote name='plft']Try monoprice. If they have anything, it should be cheaper.[/quote]

Yea monoprice would have cables like that and for insanely cheap. Also the shipping from Monoprice to vegas takes ~2 days for the cheapest shipping.

bread's done
Back