Where was you 30 years ago today?

chatgirl4

Banned
Today marks the 30th anniversary of the murder of beatles member John Lennon, for those who were alive, do you remember what you were doing when you first heard the news?

Part of me was in Texas (I'm guessing), the other part of me was in Pennsylvania.

(aka: not yet born)

I was 6 and I don't remember what I was doing but I had just moved and was probably trying to adjust to a new school.

[quote name='csidegamer']If there is a Rock and Roll Heaven, You Know they have a Hell of a Band.[/QUOTE]
Amen.:applause:

Just curious as to why no one (other than JStryke) is in one of their mother's ovaries?

[quote name='Vader582']Amen.:applause:

Just curious as to why no one (other than JStryke) is in one of their mother's ovaries?[/QUOTE]

Because people enjoy saying 'ball-sack' and 'testicles'.

Is english not the OP's first language?

Dad had not penetrated my mom yet, so i wasn't born.

P.S: You know Ringo Star is gona be the last beatle to die, since he was the ugly/least popular one. Its his way of getting back at us.

I didn't want to reply to this simply because of the poor English displayed in the title.

But... I would have been 1. I don't remember anything from my childhood, even if someone showed me a photograph. At one year of age, I imagine that I would have enjoyed defecating and not vomiting.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Wasn't alive back then. Also Dimebag died on this day as well.[/QUOTE]

I remember this day because of Dimebag, not a Beatle. And I was in my mother's ovaries.

Myself, and most of this board, are too young to have really felt the impact of his death and it's hard to imagine very many people in this world that would leave such an impression on such a widespread audience. We definitely have a soft spot for our favorite artists and musicians for their ability to entertain, connect and inspire us and for that reason it's not hard to emphasize and appreciate anyone who is touched by his works.

I'll also be taking a moment to celebrate the music of "Dimebag" Darrell Abbot, best known as the guitarist of Pantera. His life abruptly ended by gunfire on stage while performing as a member of Damageplan in Columbus, OH at a venue called Alrosa Village six years ago. His heavy, driving, and authoritive guitar riffs helped usher metal into the 90s.

Both talented men who had more to offer at the time of their passing.

[quote name='Viol8tor']
P.S: You know Ringo Star is gona be the last beatle to die, since he was the ugly/least popular one. Its his way of getting back at us.[/QUOTE]

Heh. Something tells me Pete Best will be the last to die. His way of getting the last laugh on the Beatles considering he was their original drummer before Ringo Starr.

bread's done
Back