Wherehouse.com 20% off EVERYTHING USED , after buying 3 CD's used

I just received this in my e-mail and I figured it'd be a nice counter to the current gen only Gamestop 20% off coupon.

Here's the deal:

Buy any THREE used CD's(they don't mention a minimum price) and they'll take 20% off your entire order(wonder if it includes the original three CD's?) of movies, games and CD's.

Here's the code to put in: BUY3WH9

Unfortunately, they do restate that as long as you buy 3 CD's, you get the deal, so that's the only catch.

Here's a list of rock CD's on the site that start off at .47 each. Cheap filler to get in on the deal: http://www.wherehouse.com/music/browse.jsp?itb=2&sort=6&genid=11519&submit=Go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there will be a loophole...
Haven't found anything from them in a long time, but I used to order from them a lot years ago. Thank you for posting!

They're another side site of Transworld(who also run Coconut's, FYE, Sam Goody, etc, etc), so most of their stuff is usually in good or better shape compared to GS as well.

I can't get this to work...

only grabbed 1.20 off ...

Purchase Total: $39.38 Shipping: -- Select Method -- Standard Expedited $8.49
Sales Tax (WI 5.50%): $2.57 Do you wish to redeem a gift card? Do you wish to redeem a virtual gift certificate? Wherehouse.com Promotion (BUY3WH9)
(Save 20% on all Used when you buy three or more Used CDs!) ($1.20) Order Total:$49.24 New Credit Total:($0.00)

Geist Used Game7.99 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Used Game14.99 Virtua Quest Used Game14.99 [Should be like 8 dollars]...

[quote name='xycury']I can't get this to work...

only grabbed 1.20 off ...

Purchase Total: $39.38 Shipping: -- Select Method -- Standard Expedited $8.49
Sales Tax (WI 5.50%): $2.57 Do you wish to redeem a gift card? Do you wish to redeem a virtual gift certificate? Wherehouse.com Promotion (BUY3WH9)
(Save 20% on all Used when you buy three or more Used CDs!) ($1.20) Order Total:$49.24 New Credit Total:($0.00)

Geist Used Game7.99 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Used Game14.99 Virtua Quest Used Game14.99 [Should be like 8 dollars]...[/QUOTE]

EXACT same thing happened to me. I put about 4 used cds in my cart plus 1 used game, and all I got off was $1.20. Weird.

[quote name='billg']Please specify the code is to take 20% off USED merchandise. Just waited five minutes of my time.[/quote]

Like you wasted the clerks time at Circuit City on Black Friday whining about not getting the doorbuster deals when you went there in the afternoon? Or do I have the wrong BillG, who should've been nominated last year for CAG Asshole of the Year?

[quote name='cranguy']Tagging for the imminent bitchfest.[/quote]

Nah. I'm just taking that one shot and that's it. I'll probably delete it before I go out today as it is.

But from the looks of things, this thread serves no real purpose anyway, since I'm guessing the code doesn't work from what more than a few have said already.

It probably works now. Their sales always begin on Fridays.

This is a middling offer. Most of their sales now don't include games, so 20% off games is good.

However, you have to buy three CDs and pay shipping, including shipping on the CDs. There goes that 20% you just "saved".

Decent deal if they have 3 CDs and some games you really want, but otherwise it can be a bit of a pain.

bread's done
Back