Wherehouse.com 25% off all used Games/CDs/DVDs

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Does their used games come with the manual/box or box insert ??? If anyone can confirm this then I'll definately pick up a few games.[/QUOTE]

They're supposed to all be complete, but I've recieved a few games from them incomplete or damaged. Returns are real easy though.

From their help page:
How do I know the used stuff I buy is of good quality?
Wherehouse.com has hundreds of thousands of used CDs, DVDs and video games in inventory at very reasonable prices. Every used item at Wherehouse.com is in excellent condition and is thoroughly inspected and includes all original elements (i.e. inserts, instructions, etc.). Plus, Wherehouse.com has a (30) day satisfaction guarantee on everything we sell to be free of defects. Our goal is for every customer to be 100% satisfied with their used product purchase.

Good thing I had over $113 worth of credit.

I picked up Elder Scrolls: Oblivion CE (last copy)
My Morning Jacket's "Z"
Roseanne Season's 2&3
Star Wars KOTR

All for $86 or so.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Does their used games come with the manual/box or box insert ??? If anyone can confirm this then I'll definately pick up a few games.[/QUOTE]

YES, like posted above, they are sticklers for used games, Ive had them refuse me over a tiny scratch before... even when peolple here were ordering N64 games from them, they all came COMPLETE

[quote name='Jack']They're supposed to all be complete, but I've recieved a few games from them incomplete or damaged. Returns are real easy though.

From their help page:
How do I know the used stuff I buy is of good quality?
Wherehouse.com has hundreds of thousands of used CDs, DVDs and video games in inventory at very reasonable prices. Every used item at Wherehouse.com is in excellent condition and is thoroughly inspected and includes all original elements (i.e. inserts, instructions, etc.). Plus, Wherehouse.com has a (30) day satisfaction guarantee on everything we sell to be free of defects. Our goal is for every customer to be 100% satisfied with their used product purchase.[/QUOTE]

If they are not complete they usually just send you another game and tell you to dispose of the other one that was not complete. i had done this deal the last time they had it and ordered Super Mario Strikers. They sent it without the manual. I e-mailed them and they sent another. The next one came and still did not have a manual. Second email, second reship and was complete. I then “disposed” the two incomplete games at ebgames. I think Wherehouse.com is the only place I would consider used buying used games.

Nice, I was waiting for this. Got most of the CD's on my wishlist. They've been on that list for a while. Came out to be about 70 shipped for 9 cds. Thanks OP

[quote name='ndcurtis']Is this deal online only or are the Brick and Mortor stores doing this as well?[/QUOTE]

It's always been online only, as far as I can remember.

Thank you for the heads up, I picked up 6 criterions and 2 other dvds for about 140 with shipping and tax. Pretty sweet, considering those criterions came out around 15 a piece.

The bad news is now I have no money. :cry:

[quote name='ndcurtis']Is this deal online only or are the Brick and Mortor stores doing this as well?[/QUOTE]

Online only.

The closest thing that the local stores have is a `buy 3 get 1 free' deal, but that's only 25% off if you get 4 of the same priced items.

You can get some great deals that way though. I just bought Need for Speed: Carbon, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Dead Rising and Saints Row for the 360. All are $39.99 normally, but with the 1 free deal (and their backstage pass 10% off), it was $115.10 total with tax. They must have restocked their used games that morning though, since that was the first time I'd seen 4 really good games that I wanted in stock at the same time.

i know the one guy said they rejected a disc of his with a small scratch, i want to know if any more of u got rejected. i have a lot of stuff to send in and a few things have very small marks.

ps...anyone know of any shipping codes?

I saw this in my email, but I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, OP! :)

I got (including discount):

New Super Mario Bros.
Used Game - Price: $14.99

Angel Sanctuary
Used DVD - Price: $5.30

Blood: The Last Vampire
Used DVD - Price: $6.74

Princess Mononoke
Used DVD - Price: $9.74

Shipping and taxes about killed it though, almost $8 just in those two. :( It still came out to $45.28 though, which isn't too bad.

I bought the Escaflowne Movie: Ultimate Edition from them before, and it came in perfect condition. Very impressed.

Anyway, there are a lot of good deals to be found. Though, I had to scour through 23 pages of anime to find those three I ordered. :p

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']How does Wherehouse usually package their shipments, boxes or bubble mailers???[/QUOTE]

Most orders for 1 or 2 items (they usually split up orders if you order a bunch of items as items ship from different locations), ship in a cardboard mailer (not a box)

[quote name='nativetongue88']i know the one guy said they rejected a disc of his with a small scratch, i want to know if any more of u got rejected. i have a lot of stuff to send in and a few things have very small marks.

ps...anyone know of any shipping codes?[/QUOTE]

Can't use more than one code on a single order.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Most orders for 1 or 2 items (they usually split up orders if you order a bunch of items as items ship from different locations), ship in a cardboard mailer (not a box)[/quote]

Thanks Yoshi! :applause: I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't get crushed DVD cases! Order placed for 6 Pixar movies, and 2 Disney cartoons ($105 shipped- not bad for cartoons that hold their value and are $20+ each on DDD and Amazon). My main DVD collection (100+ DVDs) was missing an animated section; problem fixed :D.

Sailor Moon S [6 Discs]
Used DVD - Price: $35.99

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Apocalypse Saga DVD Collection
Used DVD - Price: $17.24

Jethro Tull ~ Nightcap: The Unreleased Masters 1973-1991
Used CD - Price: $10.49

"Nightcap" is worth $20 alone...Sailor Moon S can be worth up to $150 if it's original and mint.

They still have Sailor Moon S in stock..but I doubt they even have ONE....so I'm thinking my order will be cancelled

IF YOU WANT TO TRY....go ahead and search for Sailor Moon...S will net you at least $70

And if you don't beleive me about the SM, every season on eBay is bootleg..the only legitimate box set is the Super S set on there and right now it's $100 with days left.

I had to go back. I got another criterion and alfred hitchcock masters collection (14 freakin movies!) shipped for 60. the hitchcock is $90 on DDD. I just hope it's in good condition, but I feel pretty confident with what people have been saying.

I've ordered a game from them (Perfect shape with manual) and a season of a TV show (Box was a bit dogeared and looked used). On one episode on one disc it skipped a little bit, so I called 'em up and they gave me a refund in store credit and told me to keep the set, so I ordered the next season of the show and everything was kosher.

Generally their stuff is in good shape, and if it's not they've got good customer service.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I've ordered a game from them (Perfect shape with manual) and a season of a TV show (Box was a bit dogeared and looked used). On one episode on one disc it skipped a little bit, so I called 'em up and they gave me a refund in store credit and told me to keep the set, so I ordered the next season of the show and everything was kosher.

Generally their stuff is in good shape, and if it's not they've got good customer service.[/quote]
Ditto.

Too bad they often screwed up orders. I only made two orders with them. Both times I got wrong items. Anyway as already stated they have a very good customer service. The stuff I got from them was usually mint.

[quote name='nativetongue88']i know the one guy said they rejected a disc of his with a small scratch, i want to know if any more of u got rejected. i have a lot of stuff to send in and a few things have very small marks.

ps...anyone know of any shipping codes?[/QUOTE]

If you're not sure then don't send it because you wont be getting it back either way. If they dont accept a game they still keep it. Better make sure all your stuff looks new out of the wrapper.
I'm sure the wherehouse has a large bin for rejected free games for the workers. I seriously doubt they just throw them away.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']If you're not sure then don't send it because you wont be getting it back either way. If they dont accept a game they still keep it. Better make sure all your stuff looks new out of the wrapper.
I'm sure the wherehouse has a large bin for rejected free games for the workers. I seriously doubt they just throw them away.[/QUOTE]

They always sent back the games they rejected from me.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']They always sent back the games they rejected from me.[/QUOTE]
Even if they have been, the official line is that they don't, so don't rely on it.

http://www.wherehouse.com/help/#sell
What determines what CDs/DVDs/Games are accepted?
We accept items based upon sales and the current number in stock throughout the Wherehouse chain. In addition, the final arbiter is the condition of the item. It must be free of visible scratches and have all the associated artwork in good condition. Please examine your trade-in items carefully, as rejected product will not be returned to you.

Someone mentioned they picked up the Oblivion CE on the site. Any idea if the used CE comes with all the collector's edition stuff? (the coin, extra manual, extra dvd, etc.) The website description doesn't mention any of it.

bread's done
Back