Wherehouse.com 25% off all used Games/CDs/DVDs

Even though they don't have a direct link to it anymore - their Dreamcast site is still up in case anyone cares at all.

http://www.wherehouse.com/games/browse.jsp?platid=9

Although, it looks like for the moment all they have are sports titles in (which is typically the case). However, just a week ago they had a copy of Resident Evil: CODE Veronica in for 1.99 used, and they usually have games like Aero Fighters and Sonic Adventure pop up once a week or so for .99. So just a heads up.

hmm, the order page says my order is in progress, but clicking for further details it says my order was cancelled.

normal?

[quote name='hhhdx4']hmm, the order page says my order is in progress, but clicking for further details it says my order was cancelled.

normal?[/quote]

Yeah, WTF?!?! :bomb:

That's exactly what my account on wherehouse.com says when I look at what I ordered; In progress with an order total of $0.00 (glitch perhaps?) and when I click on it, it says my order is Cancelled...

BTW, I was going for Trauma Center for DS. Maybe this is an out of stock issue?

Anybody else having these problems?

I ordered a number of DVDs & a game the other day and when I click on my order status it says "in progress" for all items except 1 item that says "cancelled." The cancelled item now seems to be out of stock.
On the Help/FAQ page it says that if something goes on backorder (out of stock) after you place your order they will hold your order for 5 days and if they do not get the item after that time that item will be cancelled from your order.

[quote name='hhhdx4']hmm, the order page says my order is in progress, but clicking for further details it says my order was cancelled.

normal?[/QUOTE]

Whenever I order from Wherehouse, I really don't expect everything to ship. They don't seem to keep track of their stock very well. I ordered 4 games from this sale and 2 of them were canceled.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']tag for later when I have money

anyone know when this expires?[/QUOTE]

1/18/07

what a bummer. They cacneled my alfred hitchcock boxset. that pisses me off, I got a helluva deal with the 25% off and when I added it to the cart, it didn't even say "last one" next to the box. What a bummer. I guess they don't keep track of their stock after all.

[quote name='andysavestheday']what a bummer. They cacneled my alfred hitchcock boxset. that pisses me off, I got a helluva deal with the 25% off and when I added it to the cart, it didn't even say "last one" next to the box. What a bummer. I guess they don't keep track of their stock after all.[/quote]

I was going to order a season box set, but they claimed not have it the night i placed my order, the next day they have it it was litterally like 9 hours, and they surprisingly have more then one.. i'm not saying this isn't possilbe but it just seems odd

I keep checking, hoping and praying that it's somewhere or they find another one. I've been wanting that box set for a LONG time and I can only afford it with that discount.

Did anybody receieve an email regarding why their order was cancelled? I got nothing of the sort, even in my Spam folder. I also emailed customer service about the issue and have yet to receive a response.

[quote name='erectionProjection']Did anybody receieve an email regarding why their order was cancelled? I got nothing of the sort, even in my Spam folder. I also emailed customer service about the issue and have yet to receive a response.[/QUOTE]

I have never received an e-mail from them when they canceled any of my orders, so I'm not expecting one this time. The first time they canceled one of my orders, I sent them an e-mail asking about it. I received a reply a couple days later saying that the item was out of stock.

All my items have shipped..

which is surprising how rare AND valuable all three of my items are...

no games though, just two dvd sets and a music cd

sarausagi - can you please update us when you receive that Sailor Moon set? I ordered one last night and am curious on any feedback.

I just noticed that Wherehouse.com now offers CASH for trade-ins via PAYPAL or check. Has anyone actually tried this?

This is what I ordered last night after trading in some games at the local wherehouse. I had $101 in store credit for like $40 worth of games and movies.

Pink Floyd ~ Wall [Remastered] Used CD $11.99
Led Zeppelin ~ Led Zeppelin Remasters Used CD $12.74
Live Aid [4 Discs] Used DVD $14.99
Blue Man Group: The Complex Rock Tour Live Used DVD $5.99
Beach Boys: Good Timin - Live at Knebworth, England Used DVD $6.74
Paul McCartney: Back in the U.S. Live 2002 Used DVD $8.99
Johnny Cash: Live at Montreux, 1994 Used DVD $6.74
Lost: The Complete Second Season - The Extended Ex Used DVD $26.99
Training Day [Widescreen] Used DVD $4.49
Beautiful Aquarium Used DVD $3.74

For a total of like $102 + Shipping + Tax. I paid like $20 out of pocket. So, $60 total for all this, I am pretty happy.

BEWARE WHEREHOUSE. Maybe it's just me, but I placed my order back on the 13th and some of the items (including the one I most wanted) where canceled, which is cool, used stuff has limited avalibility. No big deal (even though the website said they WERE in stock).

But here's the kicker. They still charged my card for the canceled items and after the other items in the order have been shipped and the order is completed, they have not refunded the canceled items or even acknowledged that they were canceled. So I ended up paying about $70 for canceled items that I will not recieve, yet they still charged my card.

To make matters worse, they sent me an e-mail, saying they have refunded me for a DVD that was marked as SHIPPED. So they are giving me a refund for one shipped DVD and charging me for 3 CANCELED items that I will not recieve.

I've never dealt with Wherehouse before, so maybe this is how they operate. Whether this is an isolated case or not, I will NEVER do business with them at all and I advise everyone to be cautious.

They're customer service (e-mail anyways) is very unhelpful, one message contained the same "cut and paste" reply (you know, the generic one "i'm sorry your items were out of stock, blah blah blah") twice, so it was hardly helpful with my situation.

BEWARE!!

never ever again will I shop wherehouse. After canceling three of my items and charging me for them, without shipping them, two of the three appear in stock days after I place my order. And convienently after the 25% off sale ends.

I don't know about you Andy...but I know I am extremely pleased

I received my order today...okay

Nightcap by Jethro Tull, MINT, absolutely MINT

Utena Apocalypse Collection, if it wasn't for a big used sticker, it was new...

and as for the real surprise

SAILOR MOON S COMPLETE SEASON, I was scared to death it would be a bootleg [many of these places take the bootlegs in as if they were legit, they can't tell the difference]

but no, oh my god, it's the REAL DEAL, not only that

NEW, 100 PERCENT NEW, NO USED STICKERS, LOOKS IDENTICAL TO MY AMAZON.COM NEW SET FROM WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, NOT ONE SIGN OF WEAR, TEAR, THE CASE, THE COLORING, EVERYTHING, 100 PERCENT ABSOLUTELY PERFECT

Time to watch Utena, listen to Tull, and list Sailor Moon on eBay [I already have one thinpak and one full single DVD set..yeah, I'm crazy, doubles of Sailor Moon]

^^^^^I had the same experience^^^^

I just got my shipmetn last night (which was pretty fast).

Pink Floyd ~ Wall [Remastered] Used CD $11.99 Mint condition
Led Zeppelin ~ Led Zeppelin Remasters Used CD $12.74 New condition
Live Aid [4 Discs] Used DVD $14.99 New
Blue Man Group: The Complex Rock Tour Live Used DVD $5.99 New
Beach Boys: Good Timin - Live at Knebworth, England Used DVD $6.74 Mint
Paul McCartney: Back in the U.S. Live 2002 Used DVD $8.99 Mint
Johnny Cash: Live at Montreux, 1994 Used DVD $6.74 Mint
Lost: The Complete Second Season - The Extended Ex Used DVD $26.99 Mint
Training Day [Widescreen] Used DVD $4.49 Mint
Beautiful Aquarium Used DVD $3.74 Great condition, but not Mint

Overall I am very very impressed with my stuff from wherehouse. I am tempted to find more games to trade at wherehouse and then make another purchase.

Edit: I emailed them about the order and they refunded me the entire amount and told me to throw out the bad items. I'll have to give them enthusiastic thumbs up for customer service!

Wow.... I ordered New Super Mario DS and Kameo Elements of Power and both items are in piss poor condition:

New Super Mario:

- The cartridge LITERALLY looks chewed on.
- The game doesn't work..the contacts look corroded ( from chewing )?
- No manual.

Kameo:

- The box is broke
- The disc is in somewhat poor condition.

Strange...I have had decent luck with them in the past. Sigh..

I really am sorry to bump a thread like this, but I just received my two games today from Wherehouse: Psychonauts and Zelda: FSA for GCN. The Zelda game was shipped in a pretty shoddy regular DVD case, not a Gamecube case. I emailed customer support, and I was able to get my order resorted out in under 5 hours.

I just wanted to let others know how great they are! Aside from the case, everything sent to me was in perfect condition (case slip inserts, manuals, discs).

I got today my order. Everytime they screw up something. Their customer service is top notch though.

They sent me a backup copy of DMC3. Whoever trade that game in used a printable DVD-R. My brother told me that the PS2 was displaying an "Illegal Disc" error. So I flipped the disc and I saw that it was DVD-R.

Anyway they already told me that a replacement is coming.

[quote name='farmecologist']
Wow.... I ordered New Super Mario DS and Kameo Elements of Power and both items are in piss poor condition:

New Super Mario:

- The cartridge LITERALLY looks chewed on.
- The game doesn't work..the contacts look corroded ( from chewing )?
- No manual.[/QUOTE]

I received my copy yesterday, the box was just a little worn but the cartridge was mint, as well as all the inserts. Hell it even included the game code insert so I registered the game with Nintendo.com ^_^

The same with Mario 64 DS. The movies I bought had some scratches (one looked resurfaced) but they seem to play fine, so no worries.

I must have shit luck then. My dvds all had used stickers and crap, a few were missing the insterts and the discs were scratched. I was finally refunded for the items they charged me for but never shipped, but it all took about 2 weeks. I've got to e-mail them about the crappy conditions of my items. A few were in nice shape, but the others were blah.

I'll never shop with them again.

Haha. Yeah, I actually had two problems this time. One game didn't even load at all (heavy scratches) and another was missing. The case with all the material in it was sent, but there was no game in the case. CS is great though.

Maybe they're just bad with games, because with the $300 I've spent at Wherehouse on DVDs, I've never had a problem.

[quote name='SniperREX']I got today my order. Everytime they screw up something. Their customer service is top notch though.

They sent me a backup copy of DMC3. Whoever trade that game in used a printable DVD-R. My brother told me that the PS2 was displaying an "Illegal Disc" error. So I flipped the disc and I saw that it was DVD-R.

Anyway they already told me that a replacement is coming.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo from them. Kameo's plastic on the case was wrinkled and creased everywhere, but it came with the manual and the disc in pretty good condition.

I wish I could say the same for PGR 3! It came in a black standard DVD case and a blank CD-R with a PGR3 tray sticker slapped on the top of it. I sent them an email...hopefully they'll reply soon and send a REAL copy of the game with expedited shipping.

[quote name='vinhjdao']I ordered Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo from them. Kameo's plastic on the case was wrinkled and creased everywhere, but it came with the manual and the disc in pretty good condition.

I wish I could say the same for PGR 3! It came in a black standard DVD case and a blank CD-R with a PGR3 tray sticker slapped on the top of it. I sent them an email...hopefully they'll reply soon and send a REAL copy of the game with expedited shipping.[/quote]

Ditto. I got a pirated copy of DMC3. They sent me a replacement immediately though :).

bread's done
Back