Where's my free car?

elessar123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
I didn't burn the Quran either, so where's my free car?

Controversial pastor gets free car for not burning Quran

The Rev. Terry Jones, the Florida pastor who caused a firestorm last month when he came close to staging a public Quran burning, is getting a new car courtesy of a New Jersey dealership.

In the run-up to the planned book-burning, Brad Benson Hyundai in New Brunswick offered Jones a vehicle if the pastor backed down on his threat.

“We heard on the news that he was going to burn the Quran," Benson Hyundai general manager David Canton told CNN on Saturday.

After condemnations from around the world, Jones called off the burning.

A representative from Jones' church, Dove World Outreach Center, called Benson Hyundai recently to see whether the offer was still good, Canton said.

It was. Jones is getting a 2011 Hyundai Accent, valued at around $13,600.

"He stood up to his end of the bargain and we’re standing up to ours,” Canton said.

A woman who answered the phone Saturday at Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida, said Jones would donate the car to a Muslim charity.

So if I go on television and publicly state Im going to burn the book but at the last minute dont that means I get a free car also right? Oh boy I cant wait, if I knew I could get stuff for free just by almost causing a riot then I would have quit working years ago! Must be nice to be a pastor. Free tax breaks, dont have to go work in a sawmill or a machine shop for your money since people just give it to you and you get to cause problems and get free cars for it. Man what a life. I should get ordained a minister of my own religion. But hell, he is a man of the cloth, he should be used to be getting stuff handed to him for not doing a damn thing except standing around and talking.

And he isnt giving it to any muslim chairty. Thats horseshit. If he does it will be in 15 years when he has driven the wheels off that thing and it isnt worth 3 dollars so he can write off on his taxes, oh wait, he doesnt pay taxes. Anyone who thinks he will is stupid. Im sure the real context and unedited portion of him saying he would donate it to a muslim charity was more like "Yeah, Ill donate it to a muslim charity" /rolls his eyes and sighs loudly "When god comes down for judgement day!"

On a side not that preacher has no backbone or conviction. If he truly believed in what he was doing he would have done it regardless. What a pussy. Not that I agree or disagree with him but it would be nice to see one of them for once follow through with something. It seems the only people in the world who will follow through with something is the people we call terrorists. Because lets be honest, everyone wants to do something bad they just chose not to because they afraid of the consequences. Ill hand it to those al qaeda guys, when they want something they go after it 100%. Yeah they may have done some bad stuff but they say what they mean and they mean what they say.

I just emailed that dealership asking where our free cag cars are, if I hear from them Ill be back with the reply.

bread's done
Back