Where's the best place for a pre-built gaming PC?

Full Metal XL

CAGiversary!
So I'm looking to get more into PC gaming and while my laptop is fine, I'd rather go  ahead and replace my poor old desktop. Before I get a torrent of "Go ahead and build it yourself" comments, I freely admit I lack the knowledge on how to do such a thing. And while I probably could look it up online, I also lack the patience and a tolerance to the frustration that would surely come my way as I fumble thru the process. Much like someone that doesn't want to cook but would rather go out, I want to take the easier path and buy it ready to go. The money I could've saved building it myself ain't worth the other hassles.

So where should I go for the best pre built for somewhere in the range of $600-$900? i want the most bang for my buck, but I also want to deal with someone reputable. I saw this at egghead.com:
Avatar Gaming FX6164 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-6100(3.3GHz) 16GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Windows 8 64-Bit  That was going for like $630.

Should I go for that one? How well will that one handle games coming up, and how long do you think that setup will be viable as far as gaming goes? Anyone see anything better anywhere online and if so, where?

Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

I do a little of both, build em and buy depending on my mood and schedule but I have many friends like you who call and ask the same questions.

I'd recommend you give Maingear a look.  Everyone I've recommended buy from them is happy.

They've got some preconfigs, small mods and complete BTO, depending on your preference.

They will build it exactly as you want it, drives, partitions, names, programs installed, OC'd or not.

I did have an odd experience with their parts dept for an RMA drive replacement that took a few calls to get resolved but 2 other issues (warranty repairs for OEM part failures,) were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

Best of luck in your search.

TMG

People like Ibuypower. i configured one for a co worker a couple of months ago and its still running well. They are a little pricey but that's the cost of convenience. Make sure you dont go cheap on the video card. 660 ti or 7950 is what you'll probably want at your price range. 8 gigs of ram and at least a 750w power supply.

bread's done
Back