wheres the GC love at?

Skyfall_007

CAGiversary!
did midway stop supporting cube damn no MK deception eh? the cube needs more games with online support...

[quote name='Vtdgnca']did midway stop supporting cube damn no MK deception eh? the cube needs more games with online support...[/quote]

If Nintendo doesn't care, why should third party publishers? When is the last time you saw the BBA in stock at a major retail chain? I don't think I ever have.

If Nintendo doesn't care, why should third party publishers? When is the last time you saw the BBA in stock at a major retail chain? I don't think I ever have.

And this is why they are losing the console wars. If this keeps up with their next console, they will lose again. Only reason why they are alive is becuz of the GameBoy.

As for MK : Deception, they said they wanted to work on the platforms that was online capable first. There are bugs in the ps2/xbox versions that i'm hearing. One of them is very noticeable, Sub-Zero's ice clone doesn't always work. Hopefully they fix these bugs for the GameCube.

[quote name='gokou36']
And this is why they are losing the console wars. If this keeps up with their next console, they will lose again. Only reason why they are alive is becuz of the GameBoy. [/quote]

I'll have to disagree with that. They aren't losing anything. They DO have a fan base. They DO sell systems. And most importantly, they DO make a profit.
It's all about the hype.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='gokou36']
And this is why they are losing the console wars. If this keeps up with their next console, they will lose again. Only reason why they are alive is becuz of the GameBoy. [/quote]

I'll have to disagree with that. They aren't losing anything. They DO have a fan base. They DO sell systems. And most importantly, they DO make a profit.
It's all about the hype.[/quote]

"In war there is no prize for the runner-up."
- General Omar Bradley

lol i love how some people make things into "wars". Gameboy does make a ton of money but nintendo is by far not the "loser" the only losers are the people who act like its a big deal that nintendo doesnt do what every other console does... I myself will always buy nintendo's consoles as will many other old school gamers who keep a place in their hearts for nintendo's games and styles. Besides that, even if nintendo lost every old school gamer, they would have millions in sales for games like pokemon that kids love...as a father myself, i would rather my son played childish games over a GTA anyday.
When zelda cell shaded was said to be coming out...many doubted it and it sold great...
When DS was first announced it got so much heat from the haters but now that launch is near its the hottest thing since game boy itself.
So just like Burger King Mcdonalds and Wendys, this is business and it doesnt matter who you like since they all make money regardless but if only the one you liked existed...you would be paying hell of a lot more and cag wouldnt exist.

Just like every other gen, i have spent more on nintendo hardware and software than any other console. That doesnt mean im a proud owner of a gc though, it just means im too afraid to think outside the[nintendo]box.

NintendoFanGirl is right. Deception for GCN will supposedly have things to make up for the lack of online play also.

Gameboy does make a ton of money but nintendo is by far not the "loser" the only losers are the people who act like its a big deal that nintendo doesnt do what every other console does.

You're missing my point which I didn't *clearly* mention. Gamecube's power is better than PS2, and I would prefer buying the games for them since it looks better. And when the games that come out for PS2 and Xbox, I buy it for PS2 since I don't have Xbox and its not made for the Gamecube. This is why they need more 2nd and 3rd party publishers.

Weedy649 makes a great point.

And I have to ask NintendoFanGirl this cause you just sound like it all the time, are you on Nintendo's payroll? No offense intended, of course.

I'm a big N fan myself, but I keep an open mind and enjoy all 3 systems, plus PC, and portables....etc.

I grew up playing NES. I still remember how psyched I was to get a GB (ORIGINAL!). I had SNES.
And yeah, yeah, I have to admit I grew out of it for a few years.
But, when I decided to buy a new system. There was never any question. Nintendo.
I always had Nintendo, my kids will have Nintendo, such as life.

P.S. I really don't feel the need for a PS2 or a XBOX

And when the games that come out for PS2 and Xbox, I buy it for PS2 since I don't have Xbox and its not made for the Gamecube. This is why they need more 2nd and 3rd party publishers.[/quote]

Well to be honest you make a point but the gamecube is so cheap that you dont need to own just a cube. I mean come on it cost the same price as the GBA SP and the GBA once did. That is a deal, and you know why they can do it? Its because they dont pack in the dvd player a hard drive
or a network adapter. So while PS2 has so many more games Cube has enough to keep a single console owner happy and still keep PS2 or Xbox owners happy at such a cheap price.
To make a point, in the Crash Nitro Kart review, a magazine said for 50 bucks you might as well buy a cube for the price of 2 more games because Double Dash is that much better. The truth is Nintendo has such great first and second party software, it might be the reason why third party doesnt sell as well.
I have at least 15 cube games and about 13 of them have something that make it nintendo exclusive..the average gamer doesnt even own 15 games but i dont even have half of the cube exculsives i want.
Im not a nintendo fanboy as i have way more ps2 games and i play pc games as well. Dont have an xbox but i hardly have enough time to play the games i want to on the systems i own now. So instead of looking at the bad side, look at the bright side and be happy that you have the possiblity to play such great games like Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Twin Snakes(graphics make it worth it) that are 3rd party and not on other systems.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='gokou36']

It's all about the hype.[/quote]

"In war there is no prize for the runner-up."
- General Omar Bradley[/quote]

Without the gameboy Nintendo would be in the same boat as Sega who makes almost as good a first party game. Sega kept making stupid decisions on their consoles and it turned them into a third party developer

jlarlee no offense but do a little research. First off nintendo has stated before if they ever stopped making hardware, they would stop making games so they would never be a 3rd party developer. Secondly, Sony and Microsoft already have money from previous business so even if they lose money they will be rich no matter what. Nintendo is pretty much the same thing, they outsold sega in most the systems ever made so regardless of game boy, they would still be here today. As for sega, they didnt have nintendo beat and now had 2 more to go against so it only made sense to turn 3rd party after bad sales for dreamcast. Sega does have good first party games but they dont utilize them as well as nintendo does.
Example- Dreamcast had sonic adventure 1,2 and sonic shuffle
Nintendo 64 had Mario 64 Smash Brothers, 3 mario partys, mario kart, mario tennis mario golf and have made more money off sequels on the cube.
Thats before you get into games like metroid zelda and others.
So even before you add in the game boy they would be here no matter what.

[quote name='jlarlee']
Without the gameboy Nintendo would be in the same boat as Sega...[/quote]

Where do you people come up with this stuff? :?:

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='jlarlee']

Where do you people come up with this stuff? :?:[/quote]

im thinking somewhere around the a-hole, right near thier head.

People need extremist opinions otherwise we would all get along.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='jlarlee']

Where do you people come up with this stuff? :?:[/quote]

im thinking somewhere around the a-hole, right near thier head.

People need extremist opinions otherwise we would all get along.[/quote]

I dunno so you are thinking they are making a mint selling their systems at $100 a pop? They have been consistently at least $50 below the price points of the other consoles and while a cube is probaly cheaper to make than an X-Box I doubt it was significantly less expensive to make than a PS2.

They are the best first party developer but their bone headed decisions of going with the cartridge in the N-64 and then not going with the DVD format this generation are killing them. If they had not axed their console down to a ridicolous price point they would hardly have an installed base right now.

And Sony and MS having other profits to fall back on just supports my view, Nintendo has nothing else to fall back on which makes the gameboys monopoly on handhelds vital to them staying in the console business. But hey if you think the cube profits are booming and keeping Nintendo afloat far be it from me to tell you differently.

First off nintendo has stated before if they ever stopped making hardware, they would stop making games so they would never be a 3rd party developer.

Thats a bullsh** comment if i ever heard one. Nintendo has stockholders just like MS and Sony, they will be making software until they are told otherwise.

lol a bullsh** comment is incorrect. It was what they said and what would happen. You dont really have anything better to say then bullshit? Really now grow up.
Im not even going to comment much on jlarlee's comments since it seems you know what decision is best for a company with millions yet your a cheap ass gamer like the rest of us. Not going dvd format doesnt kill anybody and with the fact that they are coming out with another console it proves that. With the fact that they have being doing so since before half the CAG on this site proves the point further.

Nintendo has made it as clear as day that the day they stop making hardware is the day they leave the game market. Period end of story. You will NEVER see Nintendo become the next Sega. It will NEVER happen.

Also Nintendo is doing very well in the Home console wars. they are 2nd place world wide. so if Nintendo is doing so bad why are they in second place in the home console market? Just because they are pretty muched tied with MS in the US doesn't mean they are tied in the world. You people who think Nintendo is doomed and everyhting must also think MS is doomed too because the GameCube and Xbox are selling the freaken same.

Gesh! You people get me so pissed off some times. Nintendo IS NOT doomed. Hell they turn more of a profit then Sony and MS. They are NOT hurting.

The only reason the ONLINE games like MK:D get pushed back from the XBox and PS2 release is because they are 1. removeing the online features and 2. they are adding new features to make up for the lack of the online play.

Online play isn't a selling feature for everyone, infact most people still don't give a shit about online games. You just have a small LOUD group of people who think online gaming is everything. Its nice to have the feature, and next gen it mighty be a bigger deal.
Acording to WIRE mag. about 80% of the online console games sold don't even go online.

Just because Nintendo didn't suport Online games this gen doesn't mean its the end of the world for them. Gesh!

[quote name='Weedy649']lol a bullsh** comment is incorrect. It was what they said and what would happen. You dont really have anything better to say then bullshit? Really now grow up.
Im not even going to comment much on jlarlee's comments since it seems you know what decision is best for a company with millions yet your a cheap ass gamer like the rest of us. Not going dvd format doesnt kill anybody and with the fact that they are coming out with another console it proves that. With the fact that they have being doing so since before half the CAG on this site proves the point further.[/quote]

Ive been gaming 18 years so I just may know what I'm talking being a CAG has nothing to do with it that is a totally irrevalent point/jab/comment? Nintendo not getting DVD lost them at least one customer... me. At the time the consoles came out I didn't have a DVD player. And I'm sure it was an issue to a lot of people back then as well because there was a lot of talk about it. This was before $30 DVD players at Walmart. It made my decision to buy the ps2 very easy. Believe me if the cube had DVD I would have bought it first instead of waiting until they cut the price to a ridicolous level. A good hint for you that a console is in trouble is when it is the first to start lowering its price Sony has been in the cat bird seat and only had to do reactionary price cuts

[quote name='CapAmerica']Nintendo has made it as clear as day that the day they stop making hardware is the day they leave the game market. Period end of story. You will NEVER see Nintendo become the next Sega. It will NEVER happen.

Also Nintendo is doing very well in the Home console wars. they are 2nd place world wide. so if Nintendo is doing so bad why are they in second place in the home console market? Just because they are pretty muched tied with MS in the US doesn't mean they are tied in the world. You people who think Nintendo is doomed and everyhting must also think MS is doomed too because the GameCube and Xbox are selling the freaken same.

Gesh! You people get me so pissed off some times. Nintendo IS NOT doomed. Hell they turn more of a profit then Sony and MS. They are NOT hurting.

The only reason the ONLINE games like MK:D get pushed back from the XBox and PS2 release is because they are 1. removeing the online features and 2. they are adding new features to make up for the lack of the online play.

Online play isn't a selling feature for everyone, infact most people still don't give a shit about online games. You just have a small LOUD group of people who think online gaming is everything. Its nice to have the feature, and next gen it mighty be a bigger deal.
Acording to WIRE mag. about 80% of the online console games sold don't even go online.

Just because Nintendo didn't suport Online games this gen doesn't mean its the end of the world for them. Gesh![/quote]

Nintendo has been at it longer than the other two so anything short of number 1 should be considered an embarrasment. They may be beating MS but they are just doing it barely and this is on MS's first foray into consoles. Nintendo is stubborn and they don't go with the flow on some of the issues that they should. Their decision to go with cartridges on the N-64 is just about the stupidest thing I have ever seen in video games

/\ Old boring thing everyone has discussed before.

Online gaming is big to people online. Thats why you read so much about it ONLINE.

They made what turned out to be a mistake at the time. They did it for amny reasons etc but most notable was probably pirating.

Now on to what decisions Nintendo made and is currently making. They have new leadership and the old leaders are gone as well as their old ways. That happens a company regains popularity and then grows even larger.

They are the most profitable and the absolute largest publisher in the world they are not hurting.

Secondly they are in 2nd place but can you honestly tell me that the PS2 is better than either Xbox or Cube? I would rather have both or either one than another PS2. Its junk in todays terms. They are not dropping the price because thats what everyone hears is Sony this, Sony that. So thats what is bought. Believe me when their backlash comes it will be just as hard if not harder.

Nintendo is changing. Sit back and ignore it or jump on board and try it out. If it wasnt for them this site, platformers, etc would even exist right now.

I am out as this topic has been done adn its almost 2 years ago that people stopped fighting against Nitnendo.

Nintendo is doing business the way they see fit. I play my Cube more often than I play my Xbox or PS2. I love all consoles, however, I am a Nintendo fanboy at heart. It's a known fact that selling systems makes a company almost no profit. It's the software that makes a console strong and profitable. And about the original topic: the GC love is at my house, while I am playing another fine Nintendo game.

If nintendo gets in a tough spot, they will go 3rd party, or they will lose all thier shareholders, and be forced to spend thier 6 billion dollars to stay in the industry to continue to make 'hardware'.

bread's done
Back