Which are the best brands for external hard drives?

I got a Western Digital Passport 320GB for about $120 and it's been working great. Best thing about it is its USB powered and its recognized by the PS3 and XBOX360 so you can watch downloaded movies and stuff off of it

I use a 1TB Seagate Freeagent Pro [bought it at Costco for $180 bucks a few months back].. Have no problems with it at all.

[quote name='goukill1120']I got a Western Digital Passport 320GB for about $120 and it's been working great. Best thing about it is its USB powered and its recognized by the PS3 and XBOX360 so you can watch downloaded movies and stuff off of it[/quote]

+1

Same hard drive
Same use
Works wonderfully

[quote name='rcx4']I use a 1TB Seagate Freeagent Pro [bought it at Costco for $180 bucks a few months back].. Have no problems with it at all.[/QUOTE]

i'll back up the seagate brand... i use one at home and one at work and never had problems with either of them.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I ended up getting a WD Passport Essential 500 GB for Christmas but my dumb Windows 2000 laptop won't recognize it in My Computer even though it comes up in the the window to safely remove hardware. And of course customer support isn't going to be answering my call for a while.

Seagate, AcomData, SimpleTech, Western Digital are all good companies that I've worked with in the past. AcomData is a lesser known company, but their drives stay cool as a ice through extended use because of their cases or something.

I have been looking at lacie hard drives. Thought on those are appreciated. They seem pricey but also look rugged(certain ones anyways).

Sorry guys, I don't know/haven't had much experience with either of those brands. That fantom drive does look good in that pic, though. Still, I've seen a SimpleTech 1TB at Fry's for $119 recently that I'm thinking of picking up.

bread's done
Back