Which do you value more?

ShadowRayden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Your DVD collection or your game collection? I know that many of us here have both a DVD and game collection going. I'll have have to say my game collection. Although my anime collection is gaining steam. I love anime.

Game collection. DVD's are the same thing every time.. there's only a few DVD's I love and couldn't live without.. but definately my game collection.

Neither...My Book Collection ( Leather LOTR included)

but between the two, my dvd collection, because i love the LOTR extendeds, Matrix's, And my all time favorite Movie The Cowboy Bebop Movie

oh man, this is actually hard, i have tons of each, and i love each collection very much... but i think in the end i have to go with games, i def. put more time into them.

I always find it funny when people amass huge movie collections. They did it with VHS, they did it with DVD and they will do it with the new standard that comes next. I just can't understand why people are content to spend thousands of dollars on the same product every few years.

Oh yeah, and I value my game collection more.

I guess I'd go with DVD collection since my DVDs I plan to keep for the long haul (only buy stuff I really want to own). It's fairly small though (Probably a few dozen.)

Games I pretty much churn (play 'em and sell 'em off) I hound the deals to where I generally make more selling them than I paid so my theory is I'd rather just keep playing fresh stuff at practically no cost vs. sitting on a pile of old stuff I've played through.

Game collection. I only own like four DVD's! (Because, buying a ton of movies seems like a waste to me...)

My game collection. I own a lot of DVDs but none of them are really rare or anything. And I spend a lot more time playing one game than watching a DVD.

Game, could not be more happy with it, and it is not that fact that I have awesome games or a few rare ones. but cause of this place I have some many cheap ones. before this site I could not afford to bulid a collection cause I was paying regular retail for everything. but cause of this site I have amassed some 500 games and 80% cost less then 20 bucks. thank you Mr. Cheapy D.

I like both, but if it comes down to it i'd say my gaming collection, just because i've invested much more money in it. I'd say my comic book collection would come next, even though i haven't bought a comic book in forever, i value my age of apocalypse series.

[quote name='twanky']I like both, but if it comes down to it i'd say my gaming collection, just because i've invested much more money in it. I'd say my comic book collection would come next, even though i haven't bought a comic book in forever, i value my age of apocalypse series.[/QUOTE]
I loved that arc in the X-Men universe. I stopped collecting comics right after the Age of Apocalypse.[/off topic]

My games. Even if the quality was maintained, but the size and the value plummetted to equal the dvd's. Many of the older games would be extremely difficult to replace (such as my donkey kong competition cart, which surfaces maybe once or twice a year on ebay it seems). It also has a lot more memores and sentimental value.

My favorite memory is from vay (turn based rpg for sega cd) about 10 years ago. I got lost in the final castle and used up most of my items (to the point were I was about give up and load an old save file). I was very under leveled (though I usually am), to the point of the regular enemies I was facing presented an actual risk of losing (I looked online later, the recommended level was 55, my party's members ranged from 42-47). I finally got to the last boss. He had the same attack pattern he continuously used. After about 50 minutes (this game had really long fights sometimes) I get down to where I have no more healing items, no more magic, and all my characters would die during his next attack (which, according to the pattern he followed, was an attack that hit everyone in my party). I killed him on the very last attack possible before he wiped out my party. You take away that game from me and I kill you.

Great sig zion.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Neither...My Book Collection ( Leather LOTR included)

but between the two, my dvd collection, because i love the LOTR extendeds, Matrix's, And my all time favorite Movie The Cowboy Bebop Movie[/QUOTE]

same simply cause of the LOTR

but games is second, then dvd's (i only collect t.v. show seasons)

Movie collection. Movies will always be placed over games for favorite hobbies. Right now I have about 350 DVD's with no end in sight. I love collecting SE's and tv sets.

That's not to say I also don't love my game collection.

Game collection since I've spent far more on that then anything else. My DVD collection is fairly weak anyways, but I might start collecting anime if I get paid a bit more.

Games by far, both for the nostalgia of my original stuff from my childhood as well as the time and care I've taken constructing a quality collection at a bargain price since then. DVDs are great, but it's just not the same building a DVD collection (and I tend to game more than watch DVDs anyway).

[quote name='alonzomourning23']My favorite memory is from vay (turn based rpg for sega cd) about 10 years ago. I got lost in the final castle and used up most of my items (to the point were I was about give up and load an old save file). I was very under leveled (though I usually am), to the point of the regular enemies I was facing presented an actual risk of losing (I looked online later, the recommended level was 55, my party's members ranged from 42-47). I finally got to the last boss. He had the same attack pattern he continuously used. After about 50 minutes (this game had really long fights sometimes) I get down to where I have no more healing items, no more magic, and all my characters would die during his next attack (which, according to the pattern he followed, was an attack that hit everyone in my party). I killed him on the very last attack possible before he wiped out my party. [/QUOTE]

Same thing happen to me in Skies of Arcadia. Last character alive & last special attack. I feel your pain ;)

bread's done
Back