Which Fighting Game Should Capcom Make next?

I'm pretty sure Capcom can't port any of the Marvel games, as it no longer has the Marvel license. EA has that license now.

I've heard that before but someone mentioned that they still "could" because they have the patent...either way...this is hypothetical.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I'd much rather play a NEW fighter than some compilation of games I already have for 2-3 consoles.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well..Capcom got rid of most of its 2D team. Therefore, I highly doubt anyone that wants a NEW 2d fighter isn't going to happen. Sorry.

I honestly want them to resume/release news on Sammy vs Capcom but oh well. Voted for Capcom vs. SNK 2, but if they actually did that then I want the CPU to be smarter.

blech, no Vs. games please!

Third Strike or Project Justice all the way.

3rd strike would be the best though, with infrastructure. I'll be playing that game long after I get sick of every other fighter...

Voted for Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but would love to see Powerstone 1 and 2 some how make a return on the PSP. Oh man I can dream...

Any Marvel game would be impossible. I don't want either Capcom Vs. SNK game because I already have CVS 2 on the Xbox... why not a new game? Or hell, SFIII: Third Strike. If I could play that, SFA 3, and GGX2#Reload whereever I am, I would have no incentive to accomplish anything in life because I'd be too damn busy beating people up.

lol only games from vs. series??? oh please :lol: ... What we really need is either a port or sequal to Project Justice/Rival Schools or a new fighter from capcom... put my votes in for thos two...

[quote name='Apossum']blech, no Vs. games please!

Third Strike or Project Justice all the way.

3rd strike would be the best though, with infrastructure. I'll be playing that game long after I get sick of every other fighter...[/QUOTE]

As much as I love Project Justice, it is easily one of the most broken fighters I've ever played.

Give me 3rd strike any day of the week. I still believe that is the peak of fighting game technology.

[quote name='Tromack']As much as I love Project Justice, it is easily one of the most broken fighters I've ever played.

Give me 3rd strike any day of the week. I still believe that is the peak of fighting game technology.[/QUOTE]

Well, even if it's very broken, it's incredibly fun to play. Even if a fighter is broken, if the gameplay is fun then it really dosn't matter. The latest Mortal Kombats and a few other random fighters sure are broken or not that deep, but they are still fun to play. A majority of fighters are not balanced, but that hasn't stopped people from enjoying the genre so much. So broken or not, it's still fun.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i always wanted capcom to make a dragon ball z game[/QUOTE]

i don't like DBZ at all one bit, but the past snes releases were actually not bad at all..

IF capcom does do a new vs. game, I just want the obscure characters from offshoot series be in the fighter... not mainly street fighter characters. Something like Dan Smith (killer 7), Dante/Vergil (DMC3), Arthur (GaG), Random Monster Hunter Character, Falcon (Power Stone), Batsu (Rival Schools), etc...

actually, Power Stone would be great on the PSP... the analog stick would work perfectly for it...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i don't like DBZ at all one bit, but the past snes releases were actually not bad at all..

IF capcom does do a new vs. game, I just want the obscure characters from offshoot series be in the fighter... not mainly street fighter characters. Something like Dan Smith (killer 7), Dante/Vergil (DMC3), Arthur (GaG), Random Monster Hunter Character, Falcon (Power Stone), Batsu (Rival Schools), etc...

actually, Power Stone would be great on the PSP... the analog stick would work perfectly for it...[/QUOTE]

Lol... so you want them to try Capcom All Stars again? I'd like to see that on PS3 or 360.

And as far PS 1/2 goes... I think they should "mix" the games together. PS2 had the right idea except the stages got too insane. They were cute at first, and even when you got to know them in and out, it could lead to someone's untimely demise. Plus, I thought PS2 had too many weapons in it. It's on thing to have the Mega Buster but another to have just an upgraded tripple shot or a three element swords or three element staffs.

I think the fighting could be more focused, giving those without items or stones a chance at sucess. So that means having individual combos and special moves for characters to make them stand out more besides their speed and power. I also so drop the super with the tap of the shoulder buttons and make them a bit more involved and use the shoulder buttons for something else, like make R block and L for something else. And to handicap people after their power change, take away their abilty to pick up weapons.

But enough of that... I'm pretty sure Capcom can't release any more Marvel games so that dream should just die already.

My vote is for Power Stone or Rival Schools.

HAHAHAHA oh man.

you guys know i'm a marvel freak. absolute mvc2 freak. but you know what?? i own a psp and i've said it on other forums....i plain dont want to see fighters on the psp, period.

the d-pad is absolutely horrible. IMO sony is wasting their time making fighters for psp.

I picked Marvel vs. Capcom. It's fun. Honestly though I think capcom needs more than anything to make a wi-fi street fighter for the DS. It has a great d-pad for fighters.

[quote name='jkam']I picked Marvel vs. Capcom. It's fun. Honestly though I think capcom needs more than anything to make a wi-fi street fighter for the DS. It has a great d-pad for fighters.[/QUOTE]

yep the d-pad for the ds is actually pretty decent. i can pull off hard moves for super turbo on it pretty well.

seriously hopefully they do release sf games for the ds.
----------------

can you guys imagine doing custom combos or juggles on cvs2? i think i'd end up chucking my psp to the wall:lol: :lol: :lol: :hot:

bread's done
Back