Which fighting games are worth buying?

Vhehs2

Banned
The major ones I'm looking at are Street Fighter (IV/Super SFIV), Tekken (5 or 6), Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat vs DC, and Soul Calibur. Which ones do you think are good?

I'm mainly looking for a game that has replay value and accessibility. I'd also like to stay away from button mashers. I'm not necessarily limiting myself to just one game, so I'm not asking for which one is the best - just which ones are worth the money.

Super Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue Continuum Shift. Those two should hold you over until Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is released next year.

They are all good, minus Mortal Kombat.

If you aren't looking to get competitive, I'd go with Soul Calibur as it's the most "accessible," and it has character creation which you can have fun with.

I'm old school, I guess, because I'm sticking with Street Fighter and Tekken, here, although Soul Calibur does have its finer points; and when Marvel vs Capcom comes out, FFS BUY IT.

Tekken 6 is worth buying if you're willing to invest a lot of time into it.

I'd pick SSF4 if I were you. Not the hardest to get into, but still takes a lot to master.

Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart, and BlazBlue are great fighting games with great mechanics, but I personally wouldn't considering them to be accessible.

And (imo) Virtua Fighter hasn't been good since 3.

So it sounds a lot like SFIV, Tekken 6, and Soul Calibur are the top runners.

What are the main differences between Super SFIV and SFIV? Is there any reason to take the original over the update?

dunno if it technically counts as a fighter but ive always been partial to the fight night series. didnt like the last one they did but the 2 before it were addictive.

Super Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue no doubt. I'd go with SSFIV first, as the community is really strong and it has a bigger roster. If your really interested in fighting games I would also suggest investing money into a fighting/arcade stick of some kind as they drastically improve your skill and make the games a whole lot funner.

bread's done
Back