Which game scheduled for 2010 do you believe will be GOTY?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I played it and had fun, but you can't really be serious.

Maybe you just never played anything else 2007 had to offer.

Here's a list organized by "least offensive to reviewers" so you can see what else came out. ;)[/QUOTE]

Based on reviews (it has the highest average overall for 2007) and the many outlets who selected it GotY, he has a valid point. But I don't see Galaxy 2 repeating as simply put, it's not going to have the same "wow" factor that the original had, not to mention that we're seeing some amazing things being done (technically) on other systems which the Wii simply can't handle.

2010 already? I haven't even decided on 2009 yet. But thinking about 2009, I had no idea Batman would wow me like it did, or that Uncharted 2 would be such a leap ahead of the original (a game I loved). I would have doubted either of them serious contenders for number one title of the year a year ago, and yet here we are.

I imagine whatever wins my pick for 2010 will also likely be a surprise just like Bioshock and Portal have been in years past. I think the obvious ones rarely live up to expectations, or even wow people because we see so much of them in advance. However, if any sequel can wow me, it will be a Nintendo title like Mario Galaxy 2 or Wii Zelda. Not always, but more often than not Nintendo completely surprises me with their titles.

I don't think I saw anyone mention The Last Guardian. That is definitely my most anticipated game of 2010.

I have the feeling that it will either be Bioshock 2 or Halo: Reach. Halo: Reach from the way it's been spoken about, seems like a huge step up for an already great series. But Bioshock was a fantastic experience and I expect 2K to produce a good follow-up including new multiplayer. GoW III could be but, the series isn't that amazingly good IMO and It is only going to include a single player campaign as far as we know.

You sons of bitches, I mentioned last guardian and heavy rain before and people later post " I don't think anyone mentioned this game..." :whistle2:#

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I played it and had fun, but you can't really be serious.

Maybe you just never played anything else 2007 had to offer.

Here's a list organized by "least offensive to reviewers" so you can see what else came out. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to drop in and say Neener Neener.

I don't think anything will top Mario Galaxy 2 this year, not even The Last Guardian.

After getting years tons of crappy games from Nintendo, I don't think anyone expected SMG2 to be better than SMG but Nintendo delivered.

Of course, I'm not say SMG2 is GotY. It's better than SMG in every way possible but the concept isn't as original as it was back in 2007.

Given the state of gaming journalism today, you're looking at either SMG2, Halo Reach, or COD:Black Ops.

Heavy Rain doesn't deserve it, FFXIII is linear (oh no!), Starcraft 2 is going to be misunderstood by 90% of critics, and Team Ico's next game is less about killing stuff this time around so I highly doubt it will win the big one.

[quote name='AfricanFruitWaynely']None, too many tired series that need to take a rest.[/QUOTE]
The only one you are talking about is FFXIII... yea, way to go.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't think anything will top Mario Galaxy 2 this year, not even The Last Guardian.

After getting years tons of crappy games from Nintendo, I don't think anyone expected SMG2 to be better than SMG but Nintendo delivered.

Of course, I'm not say SMG2 is GotY. It's better than SMG in every way possible but the concept isn't as original as it was back in 2007.[/QUOTE]
Yea the scores Mario games get are based on other Mario games. They should not be qualified for top Metacritic reviews. Mario Galaxy was ok dumb fun, but no fucking way is it near Orange box, Uncharted 2 ect. Ridiculous and embarrassing...

Just because Japanese just cut and paste ideas doesn't mean we all have to go ape shit over them. (Sorry in a bitter mood at the moment.)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea the scores Mario games get are based on other Mario games. They should not be qualified for top Metacritic reviews. Mario Galaxy was ok dumb fun, but no fucking way is it near Orange box, Uncharted 2 ect. Ridiculous and embarrassing...

Just because Japanese just cut and paste ideas doesn't mean we all have to go ape shit over them. (Sorry in a bitter mood at the moment.)[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to how when a sequel improves upon its predecessor, critics tend to use the first game's score as a base and go up from there?

I don't agree with that logic either. It gives games way too much credit. I haven't played SMG2 though so I can't say anything about that particular case. The first one was great, but I found the 10/10 scores a bit laughable.

I can't believe I voted for God Of War III in this poll. After playing it(and hopefully Rockstar fixes some of the damned glitches)I have a feeling that Red Dead Redemption is gonna be GOTY for this year.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm rooting for BayonettaPalinetta myself, but I don't actually believe it'll happen.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.;) I had a chance to grab that game for $20 from HWV, but I chose MAG instead. #-o

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can't believe I voted for God Of War III in this poll. After playing it(and hopefully Rockstar fixes some of the damned glitches)I have a feeling that Red Dead Redemption is gonna be GOTY for this year.[/QUOTE]
Definitely, if they can support it throughout the year. FIXING the tons of things that need fixing and adding to it, it should be great all year.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Definitely, if they can support it throughout the year. FIXING the tons of things that need fixing and adding to it, it should be great all year.[/QUOTE]
Probably one of the sickest glitches is that certain sections of ground will projectile you straight up about 100 feet or so. How do I know this? There's videos of a horse and carriage bouncing up and down and then flying far up into the air on YouTube AND I personally witnessed another CAG go flying up in the air one of the first times I played the multiplayer.

There's also the infamous wolfman and donkey lady ones, where the graphics for NPC's got intertwined with those of some of the animals in the game. I personally haven't seen any of them as of yet, but I have no doubt I will see them sooner or later.

Mass Effect 2 has my vote so far, (very very close second to Super Mario Galaxy 2, haven't finished it yet so they could throw something awesome at me that makes me throw it ahead of ME2). I am hoping Fallout New Vegas will be the best game of the year since it is yet to come, and I loved Fallout 3.

My my how the landscape changes. It's not even June and I'll say that Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mass Effect 2, and Red Dead Redemption have all set the bar so high for the fall/winter releases. Really curious about the E3 impressions of what's yet to come this year and will have to revisit this thread to make more predictions in a few weeks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Probably one of the sickest glitches is that certain sections of ground will projectile you straight up about 100 feet or so. How do I know this? There's videos of a horse and carriage bouncing up and down and then flying far up into the air on YouTube AND I personally witnessed another CAG go flying up in the air one of the first times I played the multiplayer.

There's also the infamous wolfman and donkey lady ones, where the graphics for NPC's got intertwined with those of some of the animals in the game. I personally haven't seen any of them as of yet, but I have no doubt I will see them sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

The bird people and man cougar are much better.

bread's done
Back