Which game to get?

AmigoOne

CAGiversary!
Being strapped of cash and having other priorities to save up for, I plan on getting one game to last me until Brawl comes out. Heres whats on my list

Medal of Honor
Super Mario Galaxy
DBZ BT3
Battalion Wars
Guitar Hero III

Im open to suggestions, but on the top of my list right now are GHIII, and MOH
I really want to get into the Guitar Hero, hearing all sorts of good things about it. But the higher price deters me. I'm also craving for online game, and FPS genre is one of my favorites for replay value. But I already have some FPS games on my computer, so I wonder if its really worth it or not. Battalion Wras piqued my interest, but when it came out, it seemed mediocre. The biggest thing is that the game will give me the most hours of entertainment. So what do you guys suggest?

If i remember right, one of the gripes of the galaxy was that it was too short. That raises a big flag for me, since I don't really enjoy replaying games like that (mario64, zelda) Im also a bit wary of first party games, since they seem to be a bit overrated, like Zelda TP.
I want the game to last in entertainment. Key point.

If you like first person shooters with good online play, why did you purchased a wii? You should of got a Xbox 360 with it's better online networking systems and large variety of fps. You could buy your pc versions of orange box or call of duty 4.

You should probably get Mario Galaxy anyway, because of amazing Toysrus sale,not to mention a really great game itself. Your right, the game is short ( I'm almost near the end). But the game is extremely fun, I never regret the purchase one bit.

Mario Galaxy is already on my list of 5 favorite games of all time, so I would definitely say that. I don't think the hype has overrated it at all.

If you're concerned about replayability, just go with whatever type of game you are most likely to play. Personally I would get more replayability out of Mario Strikers than either GHIII or MoH.

Its not like FPS is the only genre I'll play. MOH looks like a good game, I just happen to like fps, so then the game is considered for purchase. I didn't buy the console looking yearning for FPS or online play. Its just preferred to add some variety and options to the games I have.

I'll probably get Galaxy sooner or later, but for the time being, the longevity of the game is extremely important factor. I have absolutely no doubt Galaxy is a must play game, but I dont want to be bored for months with the wii after I beat it.

You want a game that will last you 4 months? I hope to god you don't mean that you're looking for one game that you're planning on playing every day.

The serious answer would be Guitar Hero III, though I'd say you're missing out.

Also good:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (supposedly it's so hard, it'll take you AGES to beat it).

Zack & Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (I gotta, man, it's MY game of the year - and you're guaranteed to put in 21 hours to beat it... but it's probably not your thing).

Super Mario Galaxy (supposed total is 241 stars to collect. if that is true, i hope the game will never end.)

Really, though, the list above are all "must-buys" for me.

Super Mario Galaxy is probably the best single player experience out there. i'm not sure how long it will last u though. if u play like 1 hour a day it'll take u like 20 days to beat it i guess?

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 I've heard has a smaller story mode then Tenkaichi 2, but it has online play so it might have the replay value you are looking for.

Medal of Honor 2 has 32 player multiplayer so that might be the highest in replay value...provided 32 people are actually playing at once.

and if u really can't decide... then just spend an extra 50 bucks at TRU next week in the buy 2 get 1 free sale so u can get a third game for free and then theirs no problem for u.

I give the toss up to either Galaxy or Heroes 2.

Galaxy is not EASY.
You only need 60 stars to fight Bowser and beat the game, but the later stars are not EASY to get by any stretch of the imagination. I've barely broken 90 stars, but my pace has slowed to a crawl because of the difficulty of later levels. Instead of whipping thru a level and getting a star in like 10 minutes, the later levels are so intricately hazardous that I usually spend 30-40 minutes to get proficient enough at the obstacles to get the star.

Like previous posts mentioned, Heroes 2 boasts REAL ONLINE PLAY, unlike a lot of lame attempts Nintendo games have shown in the past, Heroes could really set the standard for other Wii games with 32P support and NO FRIENDCODES.

But as of this writing, I have not seen any good reviews that really dissect the online experience of Heroes 2, so maybe I'd wait or go with Galaxy.

Get Galaxy...So it may be hard later...but it will surely take your time up till brawl comes around...if you dont like that you can get GH III..but how many times can you play the same exact song list..for 4 months. i sure cant.

Since you have a budget for GH3 I would instead I would do the B2G1 next week at TRU. I'd grab SMG, Fire Emblem: RD, and something else. That should be enough gaming to get you to Smash Bros.

If you have a PC you could always get HL: Orange Box or play an MMO. Those are two big time killers.

Since I'm playing it right now, I'll throw a vote for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Granted, it has 'Gamecube game' written all over it, but it's still a really great strat-RPG.

I'd say SMG and Mario & Sonic @ the Olympics -- and, like others, I'd suggest hitting up the B2G1 sale

Mario & Sonic, like Wii Sports, has a lot of replay value for me. Even after unlocking all the events, it's still fun to play alone or with others. And SMG...well, enough said.

Get Galaxy with the $25 card and then if you need another game later it will only cost you another $25 max.

Edit: And if you were thinking about spending that much on GH3 anyways, I have to throw in that you could get Mario Galaxy AND MoH for about the same price if you go the TRU route.

galaxy is good... but it's not 4 months good if you're gonna be playing often. you need something with some serious replay value...

i'd probably go with MOH only because of 32 player online. while it might not be as accomplishing as, say, getting all the stars in mario... if you just want something entertaining to last a long time, i'd imagine this is the way to go.

i'm not as familiar with batallion wars, but assuming it's like advance wars, and again, online... that should keep you busy. aren't these games typically crazy long? a have a friend that STILL plays the crap out of advance wars ds, like it's a drug.

and then guitar hero... if you're good at it, again, online should keep you busy for a few months. if you're not good at it, getting good will probably take more than 4 months. but i'll ask what others have said... if you're planning to get guitar hero, why not spring for 2 games at the same price? get galaxy for the short-term awesomeness and MOH for the long-haul.

EDIT: oh, and if you get galaxy and MOH next week at TRU, you'll get a third game... bwii?

bread's done
Back