Which games are online capable?

TheBigBoi

CAGiversary!
Greetings all. I was thinking about getting a Wii, and I was just wondering which current games are online capable, and if anyone knows of any future games that will be online capable. Thanks for the help.

None at the moment.

Smash Bros Brawl is slated to have it. Metroid Prime 3 might, there's hints that it will.

Outside of those, I'd suspect a lot of third party games might eventually do that.

The best answer is that there's really nothing to go on at the moment. If you want online gaming, best bet is a 360 or PS3, with a 360 being the better choice. Looks like you've gone that route, though.

Battalion Wars 2 should be, as I'm sure Animal Crossing will be.

Elebits is online "enabled" as you can share custom levels and whatnot.

The only game thats remotely close to online capable is Elebits. You can trade levels and screenshots through WiiConnect24.

Other games in the future that are planned to be online include Battalion Wars 2, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Smash Bros. Brawl. Of course there are sure to be third party games in the pipeline as well... though which ones we aren't sure yet.

There were rumors that the recent delay were for that, but I'm going to tell you now that I'd be very surprised if it went online.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Is Mario Party going to be online? Because if it is, then that settles it, and I'm getting a Wii.[/QUOTE]

No announcement of it being online enabled.

Dont let the online component be a Pro for your purchase. Nintendo is being overly slow and strict in adopting those features.

Partially because they fear a backlash if someone contacts a kid and partially because while XBL is a great service, it might not actually make Microsoft any money yet and Nintendo doenst do the money losing game.

[quote name='hack'] Of course there are sure to be third party games in the pipeline as well... though which ones we aren't sure yet.[/quote]
Godzilla Unleashed is going to use WiiConnect2, though they haven't announced how yet. Personally I'm hoping for online battles and cities to have weather conditions based on the current weather.

[quote name='botticus']Battalion Wars 2 should be, as I'm sure Animal Crossing will be.

Elebits is online "enabled" as you can share custom levels and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

This is mostly off topic, but did anyone else actually check out the manual that came with their Wii? Under the 'memos' section, they actually had ones that with an Animal Crossing 'leaf' on them instead of the pin they usually have. Was this a hint for us? I cannot wait for this game, at least some info!

Any nintendo title online will use the dumbfuck "friend code" system, thus few games will have it, the interface for all will suck, and the VAST majority of third-party developers won't bother. If you want to play online, pretty much anything else is a better choice.

[quote name='mietha']Any nintendo title online will use the dumbfuck "friend code" system, thus few games will have it, the interface for all will suck, and the VAST majority of third-party developers won't bother. If you want to play online, pretty much anything else is a better choice.[/QUOTE]

Well, Elebits does not require a friends code for the game itself (works off your main Wii list), so that is an encouraging sign for them not to be required for all games. We'll see how it goes with more real-time connectivity, though.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Godzilla Unleashed is going to use WiiConnect2,[/QUOTE]

That's such a rip-off! I paid for 24-hour service, and they're gonna stick us with some lame 2-hour limit. I sure hope the timeslot's good...

[quote name='Cisco327']That's such a rip-off! I paid for 24-hour service, and they're gonna stick us with some lame 2-hour limit. I sure hope the timeslot's good...[/quote]My first response was :whistle2:s, but then became :lol:

[quote name='Cisco327']That's such a rip-off! I paid for 24-hour service, and they're gonna stick us with some lame 2-hour limit. I sure hope the timeslot's good...[/quote]
:lol: I should read through what I'm about to post when I'm tired.

[quote name='zatos']This is mostly off topic, but did anyone else actually check out the manual that came with their Wii? Under the 'memos' section, they actually had ones that with an Animal Crossing 'leaf' on them instead of the pin they usually have. Was this a hint for us? I cannot wait for this game, at least some info![/quote]

Animal Crossing for Wii is inevitable, that's a fact. So the picture of the leaf memo in the Wii Menu is not a hint, but simply an example of what the Wii Menu can be capable of. That is, software being able to cross-interact with all the system's functions. Its been used as an example many times in Nintendo's speeches/keynotes.

And of course we're all excited for Animal Crossing Wii. It'll be a very interesting game.

bread's done
Back