Which games do you want to see a sequel or remake for?

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
I'll start with these and feel free to add to the list.

Final Fantasy 7 (REMAKE)
Suikoden 6
Kingdom Hearts 3
Medievil 3 ( the second one sucks and we need a another one)

Resident evil 1 and 2
FF 7 and 8(I love 8, me and the other ff8 fan in the world would be thankyou, although remaking a game with a fanbase of 2 might not work.)
Phantasy Star 4(best rpg of all time)
Castlevania, lets see Simon ruin Dracula's day proper.
GoldenEye

Rock and Roll Racing (sequel or remake)
Secret of Mana (remake)
Resident Evil 2,3 (remake)
Rolling Thunder (remake)
Pole Position (remake)

[quote name='havoksend']Resident evil 1 and 2
FF 7 and 8(I love 8, me and the other ff8 fan in the world would be thankyou, although remaking a game with a fanbase of 2 might not work.)
GoldenEye[/QUOTE]

Hey I am the other person. I am glad I finally found you.

[quote name='havoksend']Resident evil 1[/QUOTE]

Well you are in luck, Resident Evil 1 was remade about 7 years ago on the Gamecube and will be coming again for the Wii this year. I am with you though, Resident Evil 2 FTW.

FF7 will not be remade. The main guy from Square said that it was fine the way it is and that there will be no remake.

Sequel:
The Darkness

screw kingdom hearts they killed the series with kh2 but it would be cool to see the first one redone for the ps3.

a new sly cooper game is well overdo as well.

as far as remakes go id like to see RE 1-3 redone with the re4 gamestyle and add in the co-op of re 5( and nothing else of re 5) with extra added storyline stuff and online multiplayer where you can be human or monsters.

they also should look into bringing that re outbreak game out again only bigger and better. recreate the whole of racoon city and have players start up in random areas all with the goal of trying to get out of the city live. add in an rpg element for learning skills and improving fighting abilities over time with use and for added difficulty if you get infected over time you will die and turn. id also like them to make it where you can finally jump and every building ( or almost every building) should be accessable for shelter or rumaging for useful items).

id also like to see them add a mechanic to this where you can steal from others or attack people in your group and if you become a zombie you can control a group of zombies and over time maybe evolve into diff zombie types especially if you can become a nemesis.

Psi Ops is a game that deserves a sequel too as does RAD.

hell when you think about it alot of games based on movies should get a remake Predator, Batman, Gremlins.

Id also like to see someone come out with an Initial D game with all the ares from the cartoon and manga full recreated and add in the ability to customize your car and character with fully interactive areas where if you wreck you total your car and could possibly kill your character that way you cut down on the bs drivers who dont bother learning to drift. they should also have online rankings and the ability to challenge people regardless for where they live.

and i liked FF8 as well great game one of the only FF games I ever finished. that card game was very addictive.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars (Remake or Sequel) developed by Square Enix[/QUOTE]

This is just a bad Idea, seriously, I loved the 16 bit days. They hold some of my most fond memories in gaming. That said, square isn't want it used to be, it's squenix now, and it just isn't that same...

Resident Evil 1 does not need a remake (gamecube one was GREAT!) and 2 only needs a remake if you are gonna keep it the same (just needs an updating, not straight up redo) , if you are going to go the way of re 4/5 then no, no remake needed.

Final Fantasy VII.... alas, I am no fan and I don't think it needs a remake. That being said, I was very intrigued by the FF VII demo they showed back in the day, but things seem as if it will never happen and maybe it is better off that way.?

Also OP, why does suikoden 6 and kingdom hearts 2 need a remake (playstation 2, not gba)?

A third game in the Chrono series.

Another (good) Breath of Fire

Suikoden VI

And, screw FFVII, a full fledged next-gen remake of FFVI :D

I could go on and on with classic RPGs I'd like sequels for...

As for contemporary games:
Valkyria Chronicles
A spiritual successor to GTA: SA (give me back my true sandbox!)

[quote name='Voodoo_Lou']Splatterhouse[/quote]

i believe that's in the works... However, IIRC, the remake got can'd because it wasn't interesting or something like that.

I would LOVE to see a Zelda LttP remake in full 3D with all 9 dungeons, the town, lost woods, death mountain, light and dark worlds, etc. Keep the story and the general layout of the overworld but totally redo everything else using WW style graphics.

RE 1,2,3
make RE 0
FF7 remake and SQ too
remake for FF 8,9 too

Last edited:
[quote name='javeryh']I would LOVE to see a Zelda LttP remake in full 3D with all 9 dungeons, the town, lost woods, death mountain, light and dark worlds, etc. Keep the story and the general layout of the overworld but totally redo everything else using WW style graphics.[/quote]

Awesome game and brilliant idea! I would love this too.

I would be the other Final Fantasy 8 fan so one of you has to leave the club.

As for sequels, I'd go with Rygar, Sly Cooper, and Shadow of the Colossus.

[quote name='chodax']

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoksend
Resident evil 1 and 2
GoldenEye

Hey I am the other person. I am glad I finally found you.[/quote]

Hey I've been looking for you guys...where have you been lol

[quote name='Serpentor']FF7

I wanna see Tifa in HD![/quote]

If Crisis Core is any indication of how Tifa would look in HD, she was quite attractive in it lol

Snowboard kids (N64) - Ps3 version developed by Racdym + DL Content + Online = Win
Sheep Raider (PSX) - Sequel = Nuff said
Super Mario RPG - If Sega can borrow Mario, so can Sony & Square Enix.

[quote name='mastagoalie']

Also OP, why does suikoden 6 and kingdom hearts 2 need a remake (playstation 2, not gba)?[/quote]

We're talking remakes and sequels here. He was saying he wants a new Suikoden game and a sequel to Kingdom Hearts 2.

[quote name='javeryh']I would LOVE to see a Zelda LttP remake in full 3D with all 9 dungeons, the town, lost woods, death mountain, light and dark worlds, etc. Keep the story and the general layout of the overworld but totally redo everything else using WW style graphics.[/quote]

Great idea, and its never even cross my mind. I would buy this for sure.

I was just thinking the other day how they should start remaking games. I would happily play the same game with better graphics.

So, as for me, REMAKES:

Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX
Zelda LTTP (as of now)
Chrono Trigger
and actually I'd be up for a remake of any awesome games on the NES, SNES, N64, or PSX.

SEQUELS:

Why Kingdom Hearts 3 isnt even being made at the moment, baffles me.

Another Team-ICO game, which I think is being made now...

Valkyrie Profile sequel

and thats all I can think of right now.

Sequels:

Suikoden
Ogre Battle
Twisted Metal Black
Deathrow
Valkryie Profile (would like it to go back to 2d like the original)
Dino Crisis
Summoner
Hitman
Freedom Fighters

Remakes:

FF7 - never played it
Resident Evil 2 - I'd like the remake to be like the Gamecube remake of RE1
Silent Hill 1-3

[quote name='ksuwild25']Sequels:

Suikoden
Ogre Battle
Twisted Metal Black
Deathrow
Valkryie Profile (would like it to go back to 2d like the original)
Dino Crisis
Summoner
Hitman
Freedom Fighters

Remakes:

FF7 - never played it
Resident Evil 2 - I'd like the remake to be like the Gamecube remake of RE1
Silent Hill 1-3[/quote]

Silent Hill 1 remake ("re-imagining") is actually coming out soon....

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/969/969866p1.html

Bring back Bushido Blade!!!

Remake:
Xenogears
FF 7
FF 8
Metal Gears from back in the day

Sequel:
FF Tactics - none of that advance crap
Metal Gear Solid 5
A real Shining Force game

Sequels in/for the following would be more than welcome:
Ape Escape series
Chrono series
Contra series
Dark Cloud series
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Valkyrie Profile series
Viewtiful Joe series
Zone of the Enders series

Remakes:
Crash Team Racing (or even a full-blown sequel)
Final Fantasy 7 (have yet to play it)
Final Fantasy 9
Gunstar Heroes
Wild Guns (although I think this might be better suited for the Wii)
Vagrant Story

Tried to stick with games/series that weren't already mentioned, but some are just too noteworthy. That's all I can think of right now...

If some of these games actually happened, I'd probably bite the bullet and buy a non-CRT TV and make the jump from PS2 to PS3.

Sniper Elite
Warhawk
Time Pilot (remake into a modern game not 2D)
Golden Eye ((N64) Remake)
Any of the JANE's Combat Simulations (Remade into PS3 formats)

[quote name='Richlough']OMG , way too many Square fanboys in here .[/quote]

I don't think it's fanboyish to admit that Square made some damned fine games back in the day. And since Square Enix basically spends 95% of their time nowadays re-releasing old games (not that I don't buy them) these hopes are at least partially realistic.

[quote name='kamiza']Ik+[/QUOTE]

hahaha the Atari ST making a comeback!

from whats has already been said...I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to jade empire. I really enjoyed that.

from now on my name is betty...

Lunar 3 (good choice darkcecil32)
Skies of Arcadia 2 (another good choice)
Shenmue 3 (never gonna happen... but come on he should at least release his transcript of the remaining story by now [I need closure])
Fear Effect 3 (wasn't this series first to introduce cel shading?)
Final Fantasy Tactics 2 (I need to buy a psp to play that remake one of these days; story was prolly one of the better stories squareenix have produced...a bit lost in translation though)

Final Fantasy 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-ervoOpAM

It's pretty sad that my mind is full of remakes I would like to see happen. FFVII and FFVIII are about the only games I want to see remade on an HD console at this moment.

The other ones on my mind are Lunar 1 and 2 and Xenogears but I would prefer a PSP remake for those instead.

remakes of these would be epic

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Quest for Glory IV
Betrayal at Krondor
Quake
Blood
Shadow Warrior
Lands of Lore
Ultima IV

[quote name='integralsmatic']hahaha the Atari ST making a comeback!

[/quote]
I was thinking more of my Commodore 64 version that's stuck in my loft gathering dust. I must get that out.

Does any other fighter have three character action at once?

bread's done
Back