which is better? GH: WT or RB2?

exar khun

CAG Veteran
Feedback
4 (100%)
i'm confused which one to get, Guitar Hero: World Tour or RockBand 2.
Which has good songs and highly quality equipments?
what is the pricing on both of these?
and of course, where can i get cheaper pricing for either of them (in canada)?

Rockband - If you're a social gamer and want to play with friends.(No Fail Mode, easy to digest, casual rock playlist) better value if you borrows a friends old rockband disc)

GH:WT - If you're a guitar hero fan and are mostly going to play the game by yourself. (Hardcore rock setlist, more difficult game, music creation for hobbiest.)

Also, it's worth noting that Rock Band 2 has a much, much larger song list than Guitar Hero, since you can nab the original disc for pretty cheap and transfer all those songs, as well as access all the downloadable songs to date. RB2 seems like the best bet of the two.

I'm getting both (discs only) :D
Rock Band is def. fun w/ friends, I'm just wondering how GH is countering this going the same route. I guess it comes down to track lists, and Rock Band, def. has the bigger one.

It's really up to your musical taste.

There are quite a few songs in both GHWT and RB2 (and even more in common if you count DLC).

The mechanics of both are almost the same with only subtle differences so the easiest way too tell is look at the setlists of both games. If you like the songs in Guitar Hero World Tour more then get it. Or if you like Rock Band 2 more get it.

Personally I got the RB1 instruments and I'm getting disk only copies of the other 2.

I believe all the hardware is compatible, so just buy the Rock Band 1 bundle, and the disc's of Rock Band 2 and/or Guitar Hero World Tour.
Only downside (or upside for some people) is that the old set is wired where both new sets are completely wireless. You may also need to buy symbol attachments for the drums in the future.

If you wanted to buy just one of the new bundles however, I'd go with Rock Band 2 as it has a HUGE track list.

I'd take RB2 over GH3 any day. I'll probably end up getting GH:WT if it's backwards compatible with RB1 instruments. If not, I have no interest in it at all.

Rock Band 2 is IMO the best option all around. Maybe get the GHWT disc if you are hardcore about playing them all, but if you're just casual about it, stick with Rock Band... the long term value is 100x better, and the DLC is already massive.

I haven't played GH:WT yet, but I've been a Rock Band fanboy since I picked up the bundle at launch. I'll be picking up the disc only for GH:WT, but there's no way it'll take away my love for RB2.

As others have mentioned, there's already an insane amount of songs available for download (250 for download, 80+ on the disc, another 50+ if you import from RB1, and the 20 free songs that are due out anytime) and there's still a crapload more due out before the end of the year. New songs every week is something that Activision will have a near-impossible time topping, in my opinion. Rock Band also has AC/DC down (with that expansion disc in November), which is ungodly.

Plus Rock Band 2 has dealt with all the problems that the first one had (Band World Tour online, fixed talky parts on vocals, solo Bass mode, etc).

I get giddy every friday when the announce the new DLC songs for the following week. This week's DLC was one of the best ever, cause I've been waiting ages for Offspring in a guitar game.

For the game alone, the 360 one is already out, 360 bundle and PS3 versions on Oct 19, and PS2/Wii in November. Haven't seen it at a discount yet.

I highly recommend buying it new, because that way you'll get the code on the back of the booklet that lets you download the 20 free songs when they're available.

you dont HAVE to afterburn, you can pick doing any of the 4 instruments: g,b,m,d, and can choose how many you'd like to use. Of course, if there are 4 people playing and everyone wants to play, then someone has to to play mic. But otherwise, noone is forced to sing.

I'm not sure which console you're buying the game for, but if it's for Wii you should watch out. GHWT will need a wiimote for every instrument being used (since the instruments are wireless), while RB2 will not (USB connection). That's my deciding factor since I only have one wiimote.

Rock Band on all fronts. GH:WT's art style sucks, the interface pales in comparison (and hurts your eyes), it's overly hard with retarded notecharts, and the setlist this time around is ass compared to RB2's.

For me, it'll be Guitar Hero:WT. I already have two GH controllers, and none of the RB games/controllers. Since the launch price is set to be around $180, I'm not sure if I can afford the entire bundle. So I might pick up the disc only for now. I won't have all the extra Awesome Guitar Features, but the guitars will at least work. I'll probably save up again and get the mic (and perhaps the drums at a later time).

Also, GH:WT has not one, not two, not zero, but THREE Tool songs. Aside from the rest of the playlist that looks like it was lifted wholesale from my ecclectic mp3 player-- well, that was a massive selling point for me.

Of course, the game comes out two days before my 30th birthday, so I have been dropping a few hints to friends and family-- y'know, if they wanted to chip in, or get me eb gift certs. =)

World Tour had me with its DLC for Wii, and custom music maker. Of course, now Rock Band 2 has DLC for the Wii, and the custom music in Guitar Hero has been nerfed.. so, back to Rock Band.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']I'm not sure which console you're buying the game for, but if it's for Wii you should watch out. GHWT will need a wiimote for every instrument being used (since the instruments are wireless), while RB2 will not (USB connection). That's my deciding factor since I only have one wiimote.[/quote]
The wii Rockband controller is wireless (3 AA batteries), and I would assume the instruments for GH:WT(except the guitar) would be wired, or use their own bluetooth, not using more wiimotes.

Rock Band 2 I think wins on sheer quantity. 84 songs or something on disc + 20 free songs to download + rent Rock Band 1 and pay $5 to import all but 3 songs from the game to Rock Band 2.

Personally I am going to go with GH:WT. I never picked up rock band last year and I really like what I see of the GH:WT drum kit and slide function on the guitar. I also prefer the set list in GH:WT to Rock Band 2. Originally there was a lot of talk about controllers being compatible in both games so I am curious how that is going to work out. I also have two guitar controllers from previous guitar hero games and they are said to work with the new version. The idea of creating my own music seems really enticing as well. I hope Rock Band implements this next year and that both games push each other to be better.

Neither, there's just way too much to play to throw down $200+ on a GH or RB bundle (even $60 for the games if you have the instruments).

[quote name='Sousanator']The wii Rockband controller is wireless (3 AA batteries), and I would assume the instruments for GH:WT(except the guitar) would be wired, or use their own bluetooth, not using more wiimotes.[/quote]

According to this image from IGN, the drums need a wiimote. I just assumed that the mic would need one too.

guitar-hero-world-tour-first-look-20080619000618181_640w.jpg

bread's done
Back