which is the best pad for ddr?

Link127

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I plan on buying my g/f ddr extreme for christmas. She already has Max2 and loves it. We got the cheapy 20 dollar pad to go with it. She loves it so much I want to get her a better pad. Since I dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on a metal pad, I'm looking in the 40-50 range, and from reading previous topics about this, you guys have suggested the following two:

-Deluxe DDR Dance Mat V.3.1 from Level Six
http://www.levelsix.com/detail.aspx?ID=20

- BNS Ultra DX-Xteme Dance Pad w/ Xtreme Dense Inserts & Free LPT Port PC adapter
http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-ULTDX/

What I want to know is, which one is the best? Also, can any of these be bought in stores, preferably BB so that I can use a GGC?

I got my pad for $30 (total including S&H) from a store in California, here's the link:

http://store.imarketcity.com/ps2psx.html

more specifically:

http://store.imarketcity.com/plpsdarefode.html

It's $19 (10 S&H). It's a nice pad, it has the foam insert and works very well. If you want to spend the extra money, the high density foam is probably bettter. I have the low density foam and it feels like jumping on a bed after a long time playing it. It's definately worth it though.

BTW, I liked the pad in your first link better and Red Ignition makes the best pads.

Both pads are basically identical so I would go with the cheapest one. And no, those pads are not sold in stores. EB sells the Red Octane pad that is also basically identical to those 2 pads but they want $110 for it. Red Octane pads are a ripoff IMO. They only cost more because they have a long reputation as a DDR pad company even though their pads don't appear to be better than the Level 6 or BNS pads.

Personally I recommend modding a soft pad yourself, you can find information on this at ddrfreak.com. A modded cheap softpad will work better and last longer than any softpad money can buy imho.

[quote name='Link127']I plan on buying my g/f ddr extreme for christmas. She already has Max2 and loves it. We got the cheapy 20 dollar pad to go with it. She loves it so much I want to get her a better pad. Since I dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on a metal pad, I'm looking in the 40-50 range, and from reading previous topics about this, you guys have suggested the following two:[/quote]

First do her a favor and go with MAX one over Extreme. Just trust me on that one, actually there's probably several that would agree with me on that. Unless you're hell bent on the mini-games/eyetoy support, Max is fundamentally a better mix. The Level 6 pad looks to be a Topway, who makes a large percentage of the foam pads. The BNS has a slightly better feel to it (as compared with a Topway, mine is branded Vortz, but made by Topway), since the foam is a little better.

As for a metal pad, you could go the EBay route and get one ~100-120 after shipping, or find one of the kits that has 2 Metal Pads and Game all together for a pretty reasonable cost. You can also do that with the foam pads, and might just be your best bet. All I can say is to beware of the "rape shipping".

The best pad I've seen was in a Newtype ad. Its an actual arcade model ( that connects to the system) the deluxe model ( if I recall correctly) is around 1k. ($1000)

I agree with BigDirty....don't get Extreme! It's the worst of the PS2 games! Grab MAX 1 or Extreme 2....NOT EXTREME!!!

(It's an okay game after unlocking the songs...but IMO, it's the worst PS2 mix...)

EDIT: Woah. Old thread. Heh, probably doesn't matter now...oh well.

[quote name='Rig']I agree with BigDirty....don't get Extreme! It's the worst of the PS2 games! Grab MAX 1 or Extreme 2....NOT EXTREME!!!

(It's an okay game after unlocking the songs...but IMO, it's the worst PS2 mix...)

EDIT: Woah. Old thread. Heh, probably doesn't matter now...oh well.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realise that till you said something. Over a month old! Why bump an old thread dragyn?

[quote name='dragonpancakes']Didn't realise that till you said something. Over a month old! Why bump an old thread dragyn?[/QUOTE]

its over a year old but yeah

bread's done
Back