Which MGS Game to play next?

KtMack23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I have the Metal Gear Solid HD collection and I have the Twin Snakes for Game cube, I've already played MGS2, which should I play next?

Honestly, I'd suggest picking up MGS on PSN. The original beats out Twin Snakes and should make the story on MGS2 make a whole lot more sense.

play them in order of release

Metal Gear Solid--> MGS2--> MGS3 Snake Eater --> MGS4--> Peace Walker

Didn't play PSP games so dont know about Portal Ops and whatever.

I'm actually on 360, I asked in the sony forum because these are generally considered Sony games. I guess I could buy MGS on PSX , but I really don't want to bust out the ps2.

So you started with 2? If you have access to Twin Snakes (and not the original), I'd play it next. You need to play it before you play 4, but not necessarily before you play 3.

That said- i'd play the ones on the disk in order of release and not try to do some sort of timeline based playthrough.

Also- Portable Ops is in the main story line, but it contributes VERY little to the overall story, so i wouldn't worry about skipping it.

Since you already have Twin Snakes there really isn't any point to buying the PS1 version. The things people complain about with Twin Snakes really is just nitpicking/preference.

Also that's probably what you should play next since it is the beginning of the story (sort of :p )

yeah a lot of people bitched about some changes in the cut scenes and voice actors but it was still a good game you should enjoy it

I need a CRT tv playing ps1 games on an hdtv is shitte

Play them in order, however, you can start with mgs3 since is a prequel. Mgs3 is an awesome game....awesome...

i played every MGS but since i got the HD collection i started in timeline order and finished mgs3 yesterday and its my FAV of the bunch so i start with 3 unless you started already

[quote name='GUNNM']yeah a lot of people bitched about some changes in the cut scenes and voice actors but it was still a good game you should enjoy it

I need a CRT tv playing ps1 games on an hdtv is shitte[/QUOTE]

PSP Go is a beast for PSOne classic games. They look great.

[quote name='whoknows']Since you already have Twin Snakes there really isn't any point to buying the PS1 version. The things people complain about with Twin Snakes really is just nitpicking/preference.

Also that's probably what you should play next since it is the beginning of the story (sort of :p )[/QUOTE]

PLAY TWIN SNAKES!!! Possibly my favorite gamecube game! It's also very valuable apparently.

I finished Twin Snakes today. It was sooooo good. Easily my favorite game cube game. I've already beaten 2, so on to 3!

[quote name='GUNNM']3 is the best of the bunch. Peace Walker is a sequel to 3 but its not very good at least I didn't like it[/QUOTE]

After playing the hd collection, I found peace walker to not be good, sadly. So I agree.
MGS 3 is definitely my favorite of the series.

The collection has Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 I believe, try those out to see Snake's original adventures as he takes on Big Boss.

Chronologically it goes

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid (The Twin Snakes)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Just finished MGS3 today! It was super good all the way through. So now I've played Twin Snakes, 2, and 3. Ill be borrowing a buddies ps3 (I've been playing on 360 and GCube remember) to play 4. I'm super excited!

I do agree MGS 3 is one of the best. Though if you only have a 360 then you're missing out on 4 which also is one of the best in the series IMO. I never like 2 (Sons of Liberty) since it was more about raiden. Never liked the PSP ones, they're kinda weird.

bread's done
Back