Which Naruto game is better: GNT 3 or GNT 4?

Kain Vincent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I'm interested in importing one of these and I want to know which is the better title.

Price wise, I'm looking at $40 for GNT 3 and $60 - 65 for GNT 4.

For that large of a price difference, go with three. If they were about $10 apart, 4 would be the better choice, but you'll have a ton of fun with 3 until 4 gets cheaper.

they're both sorry games but if you ask me you'd be sorry not to spend the extra for the new characters and features.

[quote name='vicko']they're both sorry games but if you ask me you'd be sorry not to spend the extra for the new characters and features.[/QUOTE]
Does sorry = crap for you?

uh yes
don't get me wrong its fun to watch but there's like no combo system really, especially in 3
#4 at least has cancels where you can switch up your combos, but those consist of nothing less than pressing A for however many hits you want in a combo
it's just not a very deep game
don't get me started onthe bleach game either

[quote name='vicko']uh yes
don't get me wrong its fun to watch but there's like no combo system really, especially in 3
#4 at least has cancels where you can switch up your combos, but those consist of nothing less than pressing A for however many hits you want in a combo
it's just not a very deep game
don't get me started onthe bleach game either[/QUOTE]
The combo system may be simple, as it should be, but the games are easily the best fighters on the cube. Combos aren't everything, there's strategy, fast action, big moves, and it's a hell of a lot of fun. It is a pretty deep game, but you've got to play it to know that. Shit it is not.

best fighting game on the cube
you apparently have low standards
the only depth as i said is by coming up with juggles after your 10xA hit combos, and no combos should not be simple. Games like SFA2 (or any street fighter game) and KI are what combos are all about: Mixing specials and directions as well as 6!(count em) different strengths of attack.
I've seen the game enough to know its lame. The only people I know that like it are all fanboys, and don't even get me started on that.
If it came down to it, and i hate to say this, Soul calibur is a better fighting game. that's only because this game is, indeed, crap.
Of course this is only my opinion so you don't need to get references or support for your opinion.
You may disagree with me when I say Smash is a much better fighting game (or game PERIOD on cube, sans RE4), but to each their own.
When it comes down to it smash has a lot more strategies and tactics than Naruto, not to mention a much larger fanbase. If you go out there and look for pro smash vids, there's definitely a wide variety of fighting styles for each character to say that there's not only 1 way to play a character.
I watched 2 naruto vids online as well as watching my friends play it when we get together, and its always run away and throw darts in the air, block moves until you can teleport out and super
OMG
oh and don't forget those TIGHT SIMPLE COMBOS!

[quote name='vicko']best fighting game on the cube
you apparently have low standards[/quote]
Or because the Cube isn't a great console for fighters, as there's not that many to compare, but that doesn't mean Naruto 3/4 aren't excellent games.
[quote name='vicko']the only depth as i said is by coming up with juggles after your 10xA hit combos, and no combos should not be simple.[/quote]
There's more than the A button when it comes to comboing, B, Y, X, and even the R & L triggers can be helpful in starting combos. Your friends that you get these impressions from must really suck if you think all there is to combos are juggles and the A button.
[quote name='vicko']Games like SFA2 (or any street fighter game) and KI are what combos are all about: Mixing specials and directions as well as 6!(count em) different strengths of attack.[/quote]
That's great, but we're talking about fighting games on the Cube and Naruto in particular.
[quote name='vicko']I've seen the game enough to know its lame. The only people I know that like it are all fanboys, and don't even get me started on that.[/quote]
Apparently you haven't if you have this view on the game.
[quote name='vicko']If it came down to it, and i hate to say this, Soul calibur is a better fighting game. that's only because this game is, indeed, crap.[/quote]
I'd have to assume you're talking about SCII, since SC isn't on the GameCube. While it's a very good game (easily the # fighter on the Cube), but I tend to favor Naruto 3/4 a little more.
[quote name='vicko']Of course this is only my opinion so you don't need to get references or support for your opinion.
You may disagree with me when I say Smash is a much better fighting game (or game PERIOD on cube, sans RE4), but to each their own.[/quote]
I would most assuredly disagree with you, as Smash is vastily overrated and the fans don't do anything to help the view of their game. I've found a lot of them are Halo fans, so the annoying factor is through the roof. The GC setup here at my school always has Smash in it because the fans here whine when anything else is put in, so it's boring seeing the same game there for nearly a year and a half now. I'd think of pushing for Naruto 2 put on there once it's released here in the US this fall.
[quote name='vicko']When it comes down to it smash has a lot more strategies and tactics than Naruto, not to mention a much larger fanbase. If you go out there and look for pro smash vids, there's definitely a wide variety of fighting styles for each character to say that there's not only 1 way to play a character
I watched 2 naruto vids online as well as watching my friends play it when we get together, and its always run away and throw darts in the air, block moves until you can teleport out and super[/quote]
Of course, Smas has a larger fanbase, it's probably the first game most Cube owners buy. However, I'd say that most of the big Naruto players don't care for Smash. I have to say that you haven't seen Naruto played competitively enough, as those aren't really the playing styles of good players. I'd have to guess that they are Shikamaru players from what you say about their styles, as he can be a very cheap player, but it's all about the skill that they have. If you see some of the better players here play some Naruto you'd see much more fierce battles. One of my friends has a knack for creative uses of the combo system to put link combos into specials or just to annoy people (I like to do this, as well).
[quote name='vicko']OMG
oh and don't forget those TIGHT SIMPLE COMBOS![/QUOTE]
It may be a matter of differences of opinions, but you just have to experience the game for yourself and play good players (most likely not your friends if they're cheap Shika users) to understand why I say that Naruto 3/4 is the best fighter on the Cube.

goddamnit I thought i opened another tab in firefox to check whether or not there was more than one SC on cube (which I knew there wasn't) and my 10 minute reply was erased.
if you wish to continue this debate hit me up on AIM
vivovicko

bread's done
Back