Which of these NES games should I bother picking up?

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Okay, I'm in talks with some guy off of craigslist for some NES games, but some of them I don't remember so I wanted to know if any of these are worth picking up as well. Well, my strategy is shot to hell, seeing that he's here and read this, but ah well I already have copies of all the stuff I would want off his list. Never mind...

What the hell is Wrecking Crew? Is it that awful launch title from Nintendo where you run around with a hammer like whack-a-mole or some such nonsense, sort of like Donkey Kong?

But which of these should I get, if any?

Conflict (complete)
Super Spike V Ball (complete, box is rough)
Trog! (box and sleeve)
Baseball Stars (manual and sleeve)
Dragon Spirit (cart only)
Guardian Legend (cart only)
Ikari Warriors II (cart only)
King's Knight (cart only)
Legendary Wings (manual and sleeve)
Mario Bros. (manual and sleeve)
Solstice (cart only)
Tetris (cart only)
Track and Field II (cart only)
Wrecking Crew (manual and sleeve)

I wouldn't get any of them because you can play them on a computer using an emulator with an original controller pretty easily these days but if you must, I recommend:

Super Spike V Ball, Baseball Stars (ABSOLUTE MUST-PLAY) and Tetris (because level 19 is REALLY hard). Skip the rest.

[quote name='karkyco']What the hell is Wrecking Crew? Is it that awful launch title from Nintendo where you run around with a hammer like whack-a-mole or some such nonsense, sort of like Donkey Kong?[/QUOTE]

I liked Wrecking Crew I had it and played it quite abit back in the day. The best comparrison I can think of is Lode Runner, but instead of digging holes and collecting all the gold in each stage you have to go around smashing all of the lockers & brick walls to clear each stage. It also has a level editor mode like Lode Runner.

I also think these are good NES games myself

Legendary Wings (manual and sleeve) - Top view Shooter by capcom (2 Player also)
Solstice (cart only) Isometric (Like Q*Bert) view action adventure game with puzzles

both pretty much worth nothing (meaning you could get them cart only rather easily for $4ish shipped on ebay) and Wrecking Crew is worth a hair more then that.

I'd say it would be a decent deal if you can get the guy down to $2-3 per a game.

Depends on what your purpose is. If you want the best games to play, get Baseball Stars, Guardian Legend, Legendary Wings, Solstice (if you're a masochist) and Tetris. If you're collecting, definitely get the complete games and some of the ones w/manual and sleeve (Trog and Baseball Stars for sure) skipping all the cart-only games except for Guardian Legend (because it's just that great a game)

baseball stars is probably one of my all time favorite baseball games, i like it far more than the current gen bball games

bread's done
Back