Which SSX game should I get?

Duke Vandal

CAGiversary!
A simple enough question. I've played and loved both the original SSX and Tricky, but never bothered to pick up either 3 or On Tour. Which one should I pick up?

I went with 3, but it was a little disappointing after Tricky. Still good though, and much better than On Tour, IMO (though I may have just been bored of it at that point).

SSX3 is pretty awesome. I never got way into it myself but I had a neighbor who was a wizard at it, I used to watch him play all the time.

id go for both if i were you. i want to get ssx3 again myself but ive played all the ssx games and me personally i plan on owning them all ( ive got them all except ssx and ssx 3). ssx 3 i think has the better courses they play and feel better theyre just short as hell is all but fun to replay. ssx on tour has more to do and being able to use skis is fun but its main strength to me is the music. more music to choose from and some awesome hip hop tracks. id suggest getting tricky too its got a diffeent trick system i believe and is still fun.

Although the original and Tricky are still the best ones, 3 is still worth playing. The level design just wasn't up to par to the standards set by the first two, though. Never bothered with On Tour.

I played the demo for On Tour, and didn't like it that much. I know some people complain that SSX 3 isn't as good as Tricky because its less crazy, but I like that. IMO, it feels awesome just riding down the mountain, bypassing every single event if you want to, just to ride.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']It really surprises me how much those 2 games fail compared to Tricky[/quote]

I loved tricky. I bought 3 and it wasnt anything like it at all. I hardly played SSX 3.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I liked 3 the best as far as gameplay, but Tricky was better as far as characters and style.

On Tour was just plain garbage.[/QUOTE]

Seconded (or 28th as far as voting goes).

bread's done
Back