Which to choose?

mckyle9423

CAG Veteran
I have exactly $68.75 after buying Madworld. My only games for the Wii are Wii Sports, GH Metallicca & III. I'm looking to build up my collection, osyeah.

Anyway.

Here are the games I can get:

Mario Kart Wii (no manuel/comes with original wheel) ------ 37$
Super Smash Bros Brawls (no manuel) ------ 28$
Mario Party 8 (complete) ------ 27$
Super Mario Galaxy (complete) ------- 30$
Ninjabread Man (complete) -------- 7$
Battle Of the Bands (complete) --------- 13$
Resident Evil 4 (sealed) ---------- 19$
Zack And Wiki (complete) ------- 11$
Obscure: The Aftermath (complete-OPO) --------- 14$
Octomonia (complete) --------- 7$
Heavenly Guardian (complete/never been played) ------- 8$
Harvey Birdman: attorny at law (complete) ---------- 9$
Geomatry wars: galaxies (complete/OPO) --------- 11$
Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 3 (complete) ---------- 13$

These prices aren't shipped, so add like $3 to everything (except Kart - that'll be a bit more). I've played Brawl before and really liked it, but maybe my money can be spent on something better?

I think of all the games on your list, you really can narrow it down to these.

Kart
Brawl
Galaxy
RE4
Zack and Wiki

and from those, pick 2 of the Mario games depending on what you like, you can't go wrong with any of the 3.

If you will mostly play single player, my choice would probably be Galaxy, RE4, Zack and with shipping, only $0.25 over budget... you must be able to find that somewhere :)

If you can't go over your budget, then save whatever unused rather than pick one of the cheaper game... For example, I've never played Ninjabread Man, but say you have $8 left over, save it rather than buy that...

The budget's not completely strict, but that's only if the guy selling can give me a little wiggle room :p

I'm extremely torn over the Mario games x-x I don't particularly like playing by myself, but thats' mostly because my Wii's in the family room. The other 2 you suggest (RE & Zack & Wiki) are 2 that I was seriously considering =P Just can't decide about one of the Mario games x-x

I can rule out Kart, though - won't ship w/o the wheel =/

It's a shame you can't get Kart cheaper without the wheel. It's interesting to try said peripheral, but the Wiimote/nunchuk combo is much, much better.

Galaxy is by far my favorite of all the games you listed, but you did say you preferred to not play by yourself. Brawl is excellent as well. RE4 was great for the GC, but if you choose to get that, just buy it at Best Buy for $19.99. Zack and Wiki is supposed to be great, but I haven't played it.

Mario Kart probably has the most replay value out of the Mario games listed (although Galaxy is a lengthy game, and even Brawl's story mode is probably longer as well). I think Mario Kart plays best with the wheel, and won't play it any other way. Online is great in Mario Kart also, and that can be played with 2 of you in the room and the rest online.

Zack & Wiki is an awesome game I would highly recommend if you like puzzle games or strategy games.

get resident evil 4 and geometry wars
get smash brothers brawl and mario kart later if you get more cash. skip galaxy and zack wiki.

with the extra money, go over to the shopping channel and buy lit.

i have obscure 2. the title sure fits that game. it's classic resident evil meets the weird monsters of silent hill with high school mixed in.

Mario kart and excite truck two must have games for the wii...

or if you like golf get tigerwoods 10 with motion plus....

[quote name='mckyle9423']I have exactly $68.75 ...[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart Wii ------ 37$
Super Smash Bros Brawls ------ 28$
Mario Party 8 ------ 27$
Super Mario Galaxy ------- 30$
Resident Evil 4 ---------- 19$
Zack And Wiki ------- 11$
Geometry Wars: Galaxies --------- 11$

Those are the games worth buying - ignore the ones that I didn't list here. Picking which ones you want is a matter of preference from there. The bottom 4 are essentially single player games while the top 3 are all decent party games.

Personally I would grab: Mario Kart, RE4, and Zack & Wiki. That's $67, and a few dollars over your budget once you include shipping, but the diversity you'd get is worth the extra expense. (I might trade out Zack & Wiki for Geometry Wars depending on my mood: one is point-and-click puzzles and the other is old school, high-score arcade action.)

Finally, I strongly disagree with the poster above who said get the GameCube version of RE4. Wii controls are much better for this game, and after playing the Wii version you won't want to go back. Also, the plastic wheel included with Mario Kart is a must have. It makes the game more accessible and intuitive and fun, even though other control methods do give you more precise control.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I think of all the games on your list, you really can narrow it down to these.

Kart
Brawl
Galaxy
RE4
Zack and Wiki

and from those, pick 2 of the Mario games depending on what you like, you can't go wrong with any of the 3.

If you will mostly play single player, my choice would probably be Galaxy, RE4, Zack and with shipping, only $0.25 over budget... you must be able to find that somewhere :)

If you can't go over your budget, then save whatever unused rather than pick one of the cheaper game... For example, I've never played Ninjabread Man, but say you have $8 left over, save it rather than buy that...[/QUOTE]

I second this one. I'd go with Galaxy, RE4 and Zack and Wiki.

skip mario galaxy and zack wiki. get resident evil 4 and geometry wars.

i own mario galaxy since it was released and haven't finished the game nor touched it since then. it only got like less then 10hours of gameplay. galaxy is like mario sunshine, it wasn't hot just warm. i also own zack wiki and haven't gotten much play from me since it's launch.

bread's done
Back