Which XBOX 360 Arcade is the better deal?

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
We are thinking of getting my son a 360 for Christmas. Which of these two is the better deal?

Walmart
Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle w/free Guitar Hero III + Wireless Guitar $199

Circuit City (thanks speedy1961!)
Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle + 20GB HD & Wireless Controller $199.99

[quote name='hotwls13']We are thinking of getting my son a 360 for Christmas. Which of these two is the better deal?

Walmart
Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle w/free Guitar Hero III + Wireless Guitar $199

Circuit City (thanks speedy1961!)
Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle + 20GB HD & Wireless Controller $199.99[/quote]

Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle + 20GB HD & Wireless Controller $199.99

I would say this one, as eventually you (he) is going to need a HD to either play online and or/ for downloadable content and or it is better than having to use a memory card. I would say get him this deal and swing buy gamestop or ebay and pick up a cheap used game...he should be thrilled with either though

I said the first one is better because you can get a 20GB for $30 from MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
nm you can go online since the arcade system comes with a memory card. Also if you are interest in GH games you will want a HDD to download new songs.

I'd say go for the second deal (HD and Wireless Controller) b/c its just like you're getting a pro console.

Second deal because you'll eventually need a hard drive and you really don't want to trust your game saves to a used or refurbished drive.

WARNING!

Circuit City is really the biggest scam store evar.

They purposely do not have more than 1 or 2 items they promote as free.

This is why they don't do sales, just promote free items they don't have in the store.

They've done it for years.

There will be a line of 100 people for this deal at 5:00 am and they will have 2 wireless controllers and 1 20GB HDD in the store.

The Walmart deal is very good, buy a used hard drive from Microsoft of Gamestop later.

Fake plastic guitars make great stocking stuffers ...

Go for the wal-mart bundle. You can purchase a 20GB hard drive from MS cheap(they offer it for all Arcade systems).

Plus there's a better chance of getting considering CC is having inventory problem since filing bankruptcy.

[quote name='hotwls13']Do you guys know if any of these bundles will be online?[/QUOTE]

Best bet is to check each of there websites on Thursday evening because a few stores will have there doorbuster deals on their site that evening.

[quote name='gordojones88']WARNING!

Circuit City is really the biggest scam store evar.

They purposely do not have more than 1 or 2 items they promote as free.

This is why they don't do sales, just promote free items they don't have in the store.

They've done it for years.

There will be a line of 100 people for this deal at 5:00 am and they will have 2 wireless controllers and 1 20GB HDD in the store.

The Walmart deal is very good, buy a used hard drive from Microsoft of Gamestop later.

Fake plastic guitars make great stocking stuffers [/quote]

Tell us something we DIDN'T know already. Although, buying a used HDD from Gamestop is a major gamble, while I would trust a used/refurb'd one from MS more. Believe me, I know the shit condition of some of the stuff GS still takes in.

I'm thinking about the walmart one since I already have a 20 gig HD I got on clearance from Target. Gamecrazy had a similar bundle, but it is for the Pro and Elite. I wish it was for the arcade as well. I would rather spend money at gamecrazy than walmart.

I was thinking about the CC deal, but I am also getting a warranty with my system. I don't think it is a good idea to get a warranty from a company that's closing so many stores. My store's not closing now, but who knows what will happen in the future.

I'd go for the GHIII and then buy a 120 (If you are big in to music and downloads and loading up discs to reduce sound) Gig harddrive for 100 bucks. It's like getting an Elite (- Black and HD cables) + GHIII for 300 bucks.

bread's done
Back