Which Zelda game do you think is more visually appealing?

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Wind Waker:
Zeldaww.jpg

or

New Legend of Zelda:
Zeldanew.jpg

Well, i like them both. I really dont have a prefrence, but that whole "big sea" thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

i loved windwaker and defended its controversial art style to the death, but you really cant ignore the quality of the new zelda. if they had gone for a realistic zelda and done a half ass job people would have been pissed, so im glad they are treating it well. my vote goes for the new zelda

New one looks great, but Wind Waker I love because it was just a work of art. The new one seems to be sorta bowing to the desires of the fans, which is good, but I liked the risk that WW took.

I liked WW. But given that I liked WW, I thought it could do w/o the whole "going all over the world in a boat that takes forever to get to where it needs to go" thing. This annoyance, although minor, swings my vote to the new Zelda.

EDIT: Given it's only talking about the graphics... I'll still give it to the new Zelda

Definitely the new Zelda. I just don't like the cartoony look in some games as much as the more realistic looking characters. Just my personal preference I guess.

I think the cell-shading of WW was entirely appropriate for the story, whereas the New Link right now looks like so many other action heroes of our time.

I like different. WW looked different.

Though if I have to sail for twenty hours on a nigh endless sea again I will climb into my teleporter and punch Miyamoto-san in his clever, clever face.

I sure hope the new one is virtually unplayable, just so people who wrote Wind Waker off based on it's graphics alone are punished.

I hated WW mainly for its graphics so I'm going with the new zelda, to bad they didn't come out with it years ago I'm sure with a zelda that didn't look like peewee's playhouse more people would have bought a GC.

I voted for Wind Waker.

The graphics (and the free preorder bonus) were the reasons why I bought it. The game was... ok.... but I loved the style.

I liked the WW graphics, they were cute, and neat, and worked well. But when I look at the second pic in the OP, my reaction is "Wow". I hope it looks that good in the finished product.

Being a huge Zelda fan, I have an appreciation for the graphics of all the games, including the original NES and LTTP on SNES. I loved WW's graphics. It was new and different for the series, and I personally found it appealing. I am also very much looking forward to the newest Zelda. I'll enjoy playing Link looking more like a "real person" than in the usual "cartoonesque" style.

The new Zelda looks slick now but that's just the character model. I bet that once the game is in motion it will look awkward because simple things will come off as "unrealistic" because of the way Link interacts with the world around him. The WW Link really looked like he belonged in that world and I absolutely loved the graphic style - it is one of my all time favorites. That said, if Nintendo can pull off the new Zelda's look and make me believe in that world then I think I may like the new style just a little more...

New Zelda by far, I couldn't stand WW for some reason. Probably cuz the triforce pieces collecting part, but still.........

I liked the cell-shading in WW as it was crisp but the art itself was too stylized (like Samurai Jack).

I have to give the nod to the new Zelda game on this one.

WW was a beautiful game to play visually, I can't think of a better looking cel-shaded game. I even imported the Gashapon figures. The flames and clouds from defeated enemies made it into the 4 swords adventure and were a nice touch. Some of the characters fit the style perfect, the Rito tribe would have looked akward if done in a realistic style.
I considered the graphics a nice break at the time from games trying to make the most realistic hair. Of course the new game currently looks kick ass, so I'll go with the new one.

make that 15. Wind Waker was an amazing game. everything about it was taseful and gorgeous. until the next one comes out, i'm going WW.

Wind Waker was, in a word, beautiful. Wind Waker was, in 3 words, beautiful gameplay perfection. I, too, didn't appreciate the Shard Quest, but aside from that, the design of the game, in graphics and, most importantly, gameplay, was perfect. It was OoT, made more fun and updated in a gorgeous new visual style. I love the way the new Zelda looks, and if they can make it half as much fun to play as Wind Waker, then I will be content.

I don't really care. There doesn't seem to be an appreciable difference for how the game plays. But I do agree with someone in here who said LTTP looks nicer than either one. But Four Swords probably is even nicer.

I prefer less realistic styles generally, and Wind Waker did cel-shading so well. I would be hard-pressed to think of a single game, never mind a single other Zelda game, that has visuals I prefer over Wind Waker's. That said, the new Zelda looks fantastic for what it is. I wish other series would experiment this much with their visuals.

I didn't mind the triforce shard quest, possibly because I couldn't stop giggling over being tricked by the fish and his "triumph forks".

New one for sure. I have nothing against cel-shading, but WW was way over the top with the kiddified look. If it was more subdued i'd go WW, but as it is, link looks like a powerpuff girl or something.

I tip my hat to the new Zelda, Windwaker was the most horrid thing I have ever seen. I still think it's the worst thing to ever happen to graphics in any game.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Well, i like them both. I really dont have a prefrence, but that whole "big sea" thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.[/quote]
Exactly. I didn't have huge problem with WW like some people but i just about blew my brains out sailing around forever.

You people that hate the game because it was cell-shaded sound like my dad saying he won't watch the Simpsons because it's a cartoon. I don't see why it matters.

I love the cell shading, but I also yearn for a highly detailed Link to play as. I just hope Ganondorf looks as cool in the new Zelda as he did in The Wind Waker.

bread's done
Back